My homepage project update

jameshumphries47

@AlwaysFSX @Phage @Benjamin G

Okay so I assume some of you seen my earlier post about how I was creating a homepage blah blah blah if not look further down the programming page its called My project (im sure it comes under programming) its html. anyway I have completed it today, since the last update I have added a functioning google search bar and some more links. may I add I have for the purpose of the photo edited out the button as its not acceptable to be put on this website, other than that its all functioning, if anyone wants me to send them a copy PM me and we will sort it out, if anyone wants help im here. please some helpful advise on how to make it better would be nice

here it is

post-38716-0-04270100-1396796763_thumb.j

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Change the amazon link to the LTT contributing amazon link

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

can you give me the link to it, and why? @Worth

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i would fix up the images and make it look nicer, make it something like the linus tech tips one and the razerzone

hellooooooooo

@AlwaysFSX @Phage @Benjamin G

Okay so I assume some of you seen my earlier post about how I was creating a homepage blah blah blah if not look further down the programming page its called My project (im sure it comes under programming) its html. anyway I have completed it today, since the last update I have added a functioning google search bar and some more links. may I add I have for the purpose of the photo edited out the button as its not acceptable to be put on this website, other than that its all functioning, if anyone wants me to send them a copy PM me and we will sort it out, if anyone wants help im here. please some helpful advise on how to make it better would be nice

here it is

Did you just use html? and could I borrow some code specifically the google search bar?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

@Phage the image quality is outstanding on the thing but coz I converted it to jpeg and so on it looks really bad, and yes im on holiday I will make one linus tech tips inspired one,

@1823alex yes I used html, I came up with the code for  the search bar myself ill post it here, you will have to change the positioning obiously,

</div>

<div id="Layer13" style="position:absolute; width:200px; height:115px; z-index:9; left:930px; top: 160px;">

<div id="search">

<form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/search">

<fieldset>

<input name="q" type="text" id="search-text" size="15" maxlength="9000" />

<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Google" />

</fieldset>

</form>

</div>

you will have to change it to suit you but hope that helps you :D

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

@jameshumphries47

i just dont like the corners of the images, its too sharp 4 me, would like some fade added to them all or just use the bucket tool on Photoshop on the white background so i wont be able to see those white corners ill leave it at that c:

hellooooooooo

hmm okay I see what you mean when I make the linus one ill do that, I like the sharp look personally, I might redo the logos so most of them have an invisible background like the linus tech one? how do I do that? @Phage

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

photoshops tool magic wand, (i think you can download a 1month trial of photoshop cs6) its a fun program to use once you get used to it imo @jameshumphries47

hellooooooooo

okay, thanks ill have a good look at that, the problem is in the backgrounds there not all the same shade there are many different shades? @Phage

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

@jameshumphries47 it'll be fine if you use the magic wand tool in photoshop http://calibudangel.tumblr.com/ look at the cutouts on the figures of my background using photoshop

there are plenty of tuts on youtube showing you how to use photoshop anyway ;p

hellooooooooo