What’s your favorite case for under $150?

I’ve settled most or all of my PC components but I haven’t found a case that I’m really happy with, so I go to the internet, what’s your favorite case and why? Maybe if I like it I’ll go with that case.

30 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

I’ve settled most or all of my PC components but I haven’t found a case that I’m really happy with, so I go to the internet, what’s your favorite case and why? Maybe if I like it I’ll go with that case.

it depends. are you building ATX or ITX? 
are you going for unicorn vomit RGB? 
are you water cooling? 3x140mm? 3x120mm? 2x120mm? 1x120mm? 
are you going to pick it up and move it often?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

43 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

i personally think that a 4000D airflow is an amazing case

For a jack-of-all-trades full ATX case, Phanteks P400a. Not too big, can fit a lot of hardware, pretty good build quality especially for the price, great airflow, great price, easy to build in, there isn't really much wrong with it. I've built in this case and it's siblings (P300a, P360a, P350X are all basically the same case with slightly different sizes, with the P500a having some differences with cable management) 3 different times, and each time it's been a dead simple build. My general belief for if a case is good is if you can finish a build and not hate the case, and this is the only one of three cases that I was able to do that with. 

I dont have a favourite case

Either that or my favourite is the lowest priced airflow case i can find and rgb as a bonus

Otherwise id just build my own case for custom features

1 hour ago, VicksForWindows said:

There are things I specifically DONT care about more than things I do.  I do care about price.  I do care about noise/airflow ratio.  I do care about front i/o.  That’s about it though. I don’t care about glass or smoothed edges or cable management points or hard drive mounts or PSU basements.  This generally makes me a sub$50 case kind of guy.  I like it but that doesn’t mean you will. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

There are many great cases for under 150$. I personally like fractal cases, they have great quality and don't look too crazy. If you want something more extravagant, Lian Li makes great cases. My personal favorite Case is the Fractal Meshify 2 Compact. It looks great in grey, sleak in black and modern in white. Also you have good radiator support, a hard drive cage and 3 included fans. When you use RGB Fans, you will see them through the front panel but it's not glas, which is way better for airflow.

Just my favorite case. And I think, a case can make a build. I'd rather have a good case and a medium rig, that I can upgrade easily, then a cheap case with better components, that will make my pc look and feel less premium.

So if you want to watercool, go for a bit larger case (called full size tower). Or a optimized one, like the Lian Li O11 Dynamic.

If you want a smaller case, go with something like the fractal meshify 2 compact, Corsiar 4000D Ariflow, phanteks p360a or the be quiet 500dx (I really like small mid-tower cases).

With ITX cases there is a whole thing about power supplies, so watch out. Some like the Lian Li O11 Mini (takes also an ATX board) only support the smaller sfx power supply form factor, which are harder to come by and they also aren't that cheap. I had the fractal define nano s, which is a large ITX case but a small case in general. It worked fine for me, but it wasn't that portable, like some other ITX cases.

So yeah, cases are a whole thing...