Who here actually takes their time with cable management?

cnapier39428

well planning on using those mdpc cable routing clips on my build :) looks really nice

Totally, i like to keep my PC so good and neat, but i don't have options for Cable management sleeves or something like holes back of the case, because it's OEM..

but i'm keeping it real good now.. :) :)  :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Took me a minute to see that third card down there...I was like..where's that second crossfire bridge going lol

LOL yeah its a pretty stealthy 7950 :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

as long as you cant see them they are good

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

What was that about 'cable management'? :-)

post-55217-0-59716200-1397948961_thumb.j

(My amazing panorama skills right there)

I have a Corsair CX500M in my rig. So the ATX/EPS cables are permanent... only the GPU and other peripheral cables are modular. The biggest problem that I have with the cables though, is that they're REALLY stiff. I plan on getting some extensions for the ATX, EPS, and GPU cables... to not only make it look nicer, but to make them easier to work with and "pull" on the components less. I'd also like to make my cables behind the motherboard tray a little cleaner and easier to work with. I have a couple pics from my build thread. It's even messier back there now that I have 3 extra fans, one of which needs a molex adapter because I didn't have enough headers on my motherboard... so there's an extra cable connected to my PSU that I don't really want to use, just to power one fan. 

Kind of ridiculous.

I don't have updated pics though... just these old ones.

tkxzzaN.jpg

Wtdacmq.jpg

Once I get some extensions, I plan on really setting aside some time to route my cables and make sure everything is grouped logically and tightly. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Looks like I'll be doing it again... Just picked up another SSD on sale, so once I'm back home from work in a couple weeks I'll be opening the case again. Should probably start modifying it too for my water loop.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I took about 45 minutes with cable management on my system. But only because I was using a case that was not designed with that in mind.

Same here. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

As long as it looks good in the window and the other side panel closes, you're golden, IMO.

I agree. Anything I want to show off will be visable through the side window. On the back side of the motherboard tray, whilst it would be nice to have custom-length, custom-sleeved cables, ceebs. Make it neat enough that things can be changed as needed and the side panel closes, save some time and tend to other projects/hobbies, or yaknow, playing games.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I try to do it as much as I can, I just can't stand not using options that are there. Even if it's just tucking some cables away behind something and tying them down with a zip tie. If you have a case with decent cable management and are willing to do some work, maybe some sleeving, I think you can achieve a really sleek look.

yFyrL3k.jpg

UOfWM6B.jpg

That has to be some of the nicest cable management both front and back i've ever seen. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I does, I took a lot of effort and time to cable managed my cables for my builds. I even custom made my own cable clips (different from E22 as theirs are meant for 4mm cables and mine is 3mm). Beside custom clips, I also create pass through cable holes for each PCI E and 24pin cables.

Here are the results of my cable management.

Cable Pass Through Panel
2b24.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel with Custom Cable Clips
21da.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel Mounted
jnob.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel Mounted with 24pin and 6 Sets of PCI E
gnyw.jpg

PCI E Cables Pass Through Panel
7rz0.jpg

Custom Cables (at PSU)
t3ii.jpg