A way to remove the ctrl + enter keybind

RockSolid1106

So recently I have been accidentally pressing ctrl + enter and seeing my incomplete post as a reply.

Usually, I am trying to do ctrl+home to get to the very beginning of my reply, and I just somehow manage to keep my ctrl key pressed and then, the enter key creates the magical recipe. 

And since there's no way to delete a reply/post, the only option seems to edit the reply to "<deleted>" which is kind of useless if you had quoted someone and they've already gotten a notification.

So I would love to see a way to disable the keybind. 

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

It's not something that can be easily disabled, either per-person or globally, sorry. What keyboard layout do you have that home is next to enter?

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's not something that can be easily disabled, either per-person or globally, sorry

Oh okay

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What keyboard layout do you have that home is next to enter?

It’s not next to enter but I said that I accidentally kept the ctrl key depressed.

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

13 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Oh okay

It’s not next to enter but I said that I accidentally kept the ctrl key depressed.

Asking for this suggests that you do it more often than once. As once is not something to be changed in anything that isn't life and death situation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It seems like you are the only one with this issue.

Also to get to the beginning of your reply you can just press the home button without the CTRL key...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Also to get to the beginning of your reply you can just press the home button without the CTRL key...

Home button without the ctrl key will go to the start of the line, whereas with the ctrl key it goes the very beginning of your message.

18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Asking for this suggests that you do it more often than once. As once is not something to be changed in anything that isn't life and death situation.

Okay, I understand. 

Also, what would you suggest to do if someone accidentally sends an incomplete message?

^

VPN Server Guide

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Edit it to complete the message

no, damnit, yo

10 hours ago, tkitch said:

u just keep typing and submit more messages!

Which, if you were not joking, is good way to get personal message from moderation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Which, if you were not joking, is good way to get personal message from moderation.

It won't submit more messages,but instead save the edit that was made.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

It won't submit more messages,but instead save the edit that was made.

... are you forumsplaining to a forum mod, and getting it completely wrong?

Also, you realize that their response was to a joke I made, right?

On 7/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, tkitch said:

I have never accidentally hit ctrl enter in my life.

I never even knew that was a shortcut!

Edit:  I now like that shortcut! 

Dang I like it too!

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Wait what the heck does ctrl+enter do 

Edit: Oh shit

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I love ctrl enter lol

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler