Intel is reportedly in talks to buy the $30 billion foundry company AMD spun off a decade ago

Lightwreather
1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Lol read my first post Intel's 14nm is still competitive considering its 14nm ++++++

I don't see the word "considering" anywhere in your first post. I guess it was implied and I just didn't pick up on what you meant as all I really saw was you saying that 14+++++ is still competitive with tsmc 7nm. 

13 hours ago, Vishera said:

Change of policy:

So essentially we have a president signing an order telling agencies to uphold current laws?

If it is necessary for the government to remind law enforcement to enforce the law, then I doubt it will have any impact on this deal should it be a real thing.  Seeing as precedent has both been set and can be ignored as on see's fit.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 7/17/2021 at 12:46 AM, mr moose said:

So essentially we have a president signing an order telling agencies to uphold current laws?

If it is necessary for the government to remind law enforcement to enforce the law, then I doubt it will have any impact on this deal should it be a real thing.  Seeing as precedent has both been set and can be ignored as on see's fit.

More relevant, seeing as other executive orders have been aimed at increasing availability of US production of semiconductor and related stuff, I really have a hard time seeing the admin not approving this as it would give Glo Fo the cash and desire potentially to expand and go back into leading node development. 

Reminder that Glo Fo basically gave up recently and consigned itself to mature node tech because it couldn't keep up with TSMC or Samsung. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 7/16/2021 at 1:18 PM, Chris Pratt said:

Intel and AMD node sizes aren't the same. Intel kind of is now on "7nm", at least in mobile and soon on desktop with 12th gen. Intel 10nm is roughly equivalent to TSMC 7nm.

Still kinda hot 🔥

But all nm is supported at LTT store!

Grab one in the... right size, for you!

Just now, Quackers101 said:

Still kinda hot 🔥

But all nm is supported at LTT store!

Grab one in the... right size, for you!

So is 7nm when pushed. Just ask any owner of the 5800X.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

So is 7nm when pushed. Just ask any owner of the 5800X.

All of 5000x series currently?

But sure, intel has their own tricks and know-how's, but in some workloads they be hotter with maybe less cores.

Although at least AMD/ryzen is pushing intel to use their own knowledge more, from more cores and good competition.

11 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

All of 5000x series currently?

But sure, intel has their own tricks and know-how's, but in some workloads they be hotter with maybe less cores.

Although at least AMD/ryzen is pushing intel to use their own knowledge more, from more cores and good competition.

Yeah. I'm all for it. It's mixed bag as a consumer, because you constantly feel like you're missing out on whatever the latest and greatest is, but I'll take the increased competition and innovation any day.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse