Why is my CPU temperature so high?

BallisticV2
8 hours ago, NorKris said:

room temp when up? hotter where u live now? 

its summer but not to warm like 23 or so

29 minutes ago, Nets said:

its summer but not to warm like 23 or so

Oh yea you had that case.. Rip Thats why the aio dont "runs" away with it 

12 hours ago, Nets said:

cleaned my pc and switched to front mount, same temps on cpu... the only thing is lower by some degrees is the cooling liquid, before when was on top hitted between 35 to 40 while playing front mount on push  stays under 34, and one test i did is front mount on pull is the best so far hitted 32 max same room during the day, same game etc... 
cpu temps stays the same no change.... 

but one thing is worst and that you should consider front vs top, the gpu gets a bit warmer on front mount...my 6800xt  while playing with top mount was 60 to 70 (depending on game ) and junction between (75 to 85 ), with front mount gpu 65 to 75 and junction now stays between 80-90.. well since is 110 max nothing to worry but in some gpu's can be a problem.

its because the heat from the cpu its what feed the gpu so the gpu getting pre heated air. front mount cpu better temps for cpu wors for gpu (unless you got bottom mount fans)

gpu is typically runs hotter then the cpu  so best to have the aio at top so the gpu can get fresh cool air from the front. even better is to have bottom mount fans feeding the gpu.

i do be leave pull is better but could be do to the fan or rad type.

not only that the front fan mount might have different mesh or dust filter then whats on top could also change the performance of he test.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its because the heat from the cpu its what feed the gpu so the gpu getting pre heated air. front mount cpu better temps for cpu wors for gpu (unless you got bottom mount fans)

gpu is typically runs hotter then the cpu  so best to have the aio at top so the gpu can get fresh cool air from the front. even better is to have bottom mount fans feeding the gpu.

not only that the front fan mount might have different mesh or dust filter then whats on top could also change the performance of he test.

Push is the best for cooling. 

This should be done behind mesh/high airflow cases. Some utubers got higher gpu temps by doing this but som didnt 

On 8/17/2021 at 2:31 AM, NorKris said:

Oh yea you had that case.. Rip Thats why the aio dont "runs" away with it 

Eather way my temos still fine and nothing to worrie about, on few months when i do clean again i Will go top again... O wont Change my cooler dont have any need to do so.... but my cousin noctua's  works better maybe a 360 rad would do better i dont really know... I just bought 240 One because its white and was the ONLY One available 😝😂 but do the job and its fine...had Warner days with 32 degrees or even more and my temps Stay fine so no point to replace anythng... but to BE honest Next time i build a PC Will be air cooled os cheaper works best ir do the same job. 

23 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Yes top monted works cool for me... Its was ONLY for test, i had ir on top and Will move it to top again when i clean the PC Next time.. i dont have bottom fans... 

I should have bought the 360 ir 280 rad instead of the 240 but its does the job and i dont have thermal issues... This was just One talk se had before where i sayd ir i would go back probably would just buy noctua nh-d15. And well i still have that opinion today 😝 aio is good for asthetics thats all for me hehe 

20 hours ago, NorKris said:

Push is the best for cooling. 

This should be done behind mesh/high airflow cases. Some utubers got higher gpu temps by doing this but som didnt 

Well it depends  of many variants... The case ur on... If the fan its to close to tower frame or mesh per example... Will do better on Pull because its suffocated .... A good fan can Pull a big ammount of air and with that gets the heat away.

Other thing that i might leave it on pull Forever ia the dust that gets under the fan.. so probably on first weeks you do better on push but after gets Dusty wont do só good anymore... And trust me even with dust filter on front my rad was pretty full of dust....

But many other cases and also other Rads can be diferent

23 minutes ago, Nets said:

Well it depends  of many variants... The case ur on... If the fan its to close to tower frame or mesh per example... Will do better on Pull because its suffocated .... A good fan can Pull a big ammount of air and with that gets the heat away.

Other thing that i might leave it on pull Forever ia the dust that gets under the fan.. so probably on first weeks you do better on push but after gets Dusty wont do só good anymore... And trust me even with dust filter on front my rad was pretty full of dust....

But many other cases and also other Rads can be diferent

ya linus tested and i think pull at lest puts less dust in the rad but that also probably depends on fan, rad, case too.

but top mounted rads most people want to see the fan for the looks so they mostly do push. in the front if there's a window most will do push or push pull. if no window they normally do pull so they can see the fans in the case. in all in all its only like 1-2 degrees difference but little things all adds up. by all means 75-85 degree on the cpu is not bad and will probly last a long time anyway it more or less for oc. the lower the temp the higher the oc can go. also a cooler system means fans wont ramp up as much so should be quieter as well. this is why i recommend a good air flow case to people.

gpus will thermal throtal at like 90-95 degree so 85 is ok. my 1080 gpu hits about 75 with no extra case fans.

some people dont care about whats best push or pull or weather theres fans are intake or exhaust they just care were the fan frame is and one side wont have the frame.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 7/2/2021 at 9:27 AM, NorKris said:

Linus did not test air coolers vs AIOs. Alex did. Should we trust his results ? 

I would say, noop. and this is why, the most thorough and fact based youtuber has these numbers 

image.thumb.png.bee946c5f81aafa54c5114e0deca50ce.png

Yet in my rig my noctua dh15 was an immediate 5-10c improvement over a kraken x73

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

6 hours ago, Daethz said:

Yet in my rig my noctua dh15 was an immediate 5-10c improvement over a kraken x73

I cant rule out User error, strange cases, and such.
nhd15 5-10c improvement over 360 is like saying the earth is flat.  does not make any sense

3 hours ago, NorKris said:

I cant rule out User error, strange cases, and such.
nhd15 5-10c improvement over 360 is like saying the earth is flat.  does not make any sense

Well its hard to say wich is better because it depends of the case you are using, also the tower it self might help dissipate the heat, noctua also has gas inside of the pipes, so its a monster surface to dissipate heat... idle temps for what iv seen noctua's has lower temps... long load sessions maybe thats where one AIO will better... my aio is shitty to be honest 240 rad is not a good option... i just have it because its white and at the time was the only one i could get... my cousin nh-d15 is better than 240 rad that i can confirm... can't say about 280 and 360rads.

anyway the tests iv seen is allways on test bench didnt saw any in one case but didnt search much eather to be honest, i just speak between me and my cousin because we have same cpu and tested coolers with stock settings and nh-d15 beats the crap out of my h100 platinum 

Btw offtopic : finaly found a sound card on my country ✌️

IMG_20210818_170605.jpg

1 hour ago, Nets said:

Well its hard to say wich is better because it depends of the case you are using, also the tower it self might help dissipate the heat, noctua also has gas inside of the pipes, so its a monster surface to dissipate heat... idle temps for what iv seen noctua's has lower temps... long load sessions maybe thats where one AIO will better... my aio is shitty to be honest 240 rad is not a good option... i just have it because its white and at the time was the only one i could get... my cousin nh-d15 is better than 240 rad that i can confirm... can't say about 280 and 360rads.

Open air: 280aio+ always better than air.
Airflow cases: same
restricted front, exhaust-aio: maybe air gets closer
restricted front, intake-aio: 280aio+ always better than air.

Also 280+ AIOs has more surface to dissipate heat add that to the fact that water flowing around carries heat better then the gas. 

So arguing that the NHD15 beats AIOs is like arguing that the earth is flat based on some strange experiment.

Linus proved that H100(240(with Noctua fans)) beats NHD14 back in 2014

It did beat the D14. I had both the H100 and D14. What made D14 bad was it’s weak ass fans. Someone put D15 fans on their D14 and it performed better than D15. But you are under the assumption that D15 is the end all be all of air cooling. There are coolers from other manufacturers that cool as good, and better than D15. To this day I still believe my ultra 120 extreme was better than my D14. Air coolers don’t suffer from permeation. Water cooled guys top up their loops monthly or so.. AIOs are filled with unicorn piss because they just seem to deliver max performance forever. Get that AIO on a CPU that actually puts out real heat, use it and see how long it lasts.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Water cooled guys top up their loops monthly or so..

not true... my dad has never topped up his loop in like 2+ years and its a d5 with 2x 360 rads cooled a i5 3570k and before that an i7 960. with gpu water block. gpus ranged from gtx 260 to gtx 780 and even sil at times.

things that can change the out come of the temps lets say the cpu, mb, ram, and gpu are the same in every test.

case dust filters: if 85% of the mesh is solid it will in dead reduce the performance of the fan. there are less restrictive mesh that may let more dust in so there has to be a compermise.

case fans: the type of fan and if it has good  static pressure for used on rads will all change how well the rad cools the more static pressure the better it should cool the rad.

case grills: different shapes and sizes will block air just like a dust filter. the honey comb is considered the best for it shape. no grill at all will give the fan 100%

aio rads (same size) aios use aluminum rads witch need a coolant that can handle mix metals(water cools better then a mix). one aio from one manufacturer is going to use a different fin density rad and different coolant and the cold plate may be different too same gose for the pump and the speed of the pump.  testing on a test bench will be different from in a case.  even a hi air flow case will still do woes then a test beach.

ambient temp: ambient temp matters when doing testing that will give you how much cooling you got vs some were els around the world.

were the fans are mounted: different fan mounts can affect the air flow in the case and there for effect the temps

what speed the fans are at: lower less performance, hier more performance. testing is normally at max fan speed or at a set db by making the fan as fast as it can till it gets to said dbs

how tall the feet are: the gap at witch the fan has to get air is also imported. less gap could mean starving the fan of air reducing its performance. (and increasing the nose it makes)

when doing test mb temp, vrm, temp gpu temp, cpu temp,ambient temp, fan rpm, gpu rpm, dbs, what mb,gpu,cpu,mb,case, fans were used is also imported. was the gpu, ram,cpu over clocked?  what test software was used and for how long and most you tube videos fail to provide these in every test.

dbs, fan rpm, tdp, has been proven to be false on manufacture products. we just dont have a good way of testing it yet. gn is working on a way to test fans down the road so at this point its just a guess.

temp programs are also found to give false readings.  like gn said it hard to test because the os might have done something it the background that will thow off the test.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

But you are under the assumption that D15 is the end all be all of air cooling.

not seen a air cooler that beats the d15 yet so. 😛 

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Get that AIO on a CPU that actually puts out real heat, use it and see how long it lasts.

well i could put a air cooler on my 7940x 4,6ghz, 1,340v. but i guess the air cooler would melt cuz it did push an push/pull 360 AIO 2k rpm on all fans to 102c

46 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

aio rads (same size) aios use aluminum rads witch need a coolant that can handle mix metals(water cools better then a mix). one aio from one manufacturer is going to use a different fin density rad and different coolant and the cold plate may be different too same gose for the pump and the speed of the pump.

All most all AIO's use the same thiccc'nes of the rads and same FPI(fin density). but not sure if the anti-grow+anti-corro that AIO uses lowers the performance over water by even 1c, but that would be fun to test 

8 minutes ago, NorKris said:

not seen a air cooler that beats the d15 yet so. 😛 

I've got a few actually 😄

well i could put a air cooler on my 7940x 4,6ghz, 1,340v. but i guess the air cooler would melt cuz it did push an push/pull 360 AIO 2k rpm on all fans to 102c

I too know what its like to cool 250+ watts with air, its not easy in the summer.

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I've got a few actually 😄

I too know what its like to cool 250+ watts with air, its not easy in the summer.

Nice, names? 

Prob 380-400w 🤪 (i dont know how much cuz of a bug. Basing my numbers on Reviews) 

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

All most all AIO's use the same thiccc'nes of the rads and same FPI(fin density). but not sure if the anti-grow+anti-corro that AIO uses lowers the performance over water by even 1c, but that would be fun to test 

ya 30mm is stranded for aios. hmm be fun test to open an aio and put water in it.... for a short test. i disagree on the same fpi thow

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya 30mm is stranded for aios. hmm be fun test to open an aio and put water in it.... for a short test.

27mm actually 😛 i think i have put water or done mods to all my AIO's but never testet it against "stock" liquid. 

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Prob 380-400w 🤪

Like my X5690 at 4800 1.6v.. about 350w.

Nice, names?

That would just cause problems 😄

People get so emotional these days, you know 😉

12 minutes ago, NorKris said:

27mm actually 😛 i think i have put water or done mods to all my AIO's but never testet it against "stock" liquid. 

ya the lies they use for rads 30-is really 27....

ya it like in a car water is better for the rad the antifreeze at cooling but water freezes.

there also is a thing called water wetter that you add to water and saposly makes it cool better.. maybe a degree at best thow. but long term test was never done so...

delitding the cpu is the best temp drop for the cost.

Edited by thrasher_565