I don’t get it

Frugivore8894

I just don’t understand how a 3060 ti can be worth $399.99 USD and also $619.99 new form B&H. Why is that? They are both from gigabit so shouldn't the costs be about the same? They be more like 400 and 500 why is there such a big difference? I am not mad I just find it a bit odd. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

It's just simple supply/demand.

Even though Nvidia may give a product a certain MSRP, it's the market that decides how much something is worth. That 'how much something is worth' is reflected by the stores, their suppliers and the manufacturers behind it.

There is also an ongoing shortage/price increase in many raw materials (i.e. aluminium), manufacturing shortage (like chip production) and an altogether high demand (mining, scalpers and many other consumers looking to buy a graphics card).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

normally PC Components have nearly 0 profit.

Due to the sucktastic market, vendors are taking the opportunity to actually turn a profit, therefore it's basically impossible to get a GPU at MSRP.

It is worth what the market decides it's worth, IE what people are willing to pay.

MSRP is an educated guess on where to price a product that will prevent anybody in the supply chain from losing money and still attract customers. That's all. It has little to do with what a product is "worth."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I think you guys don't understand what I am saying B&H are selling cards form gigabyte they are both 3060 ti chips with the same specs but they are 200 dollars apart in price. It's not a matter of msrp it's a matter of why the same card sold by the same company costs 200 dollars more.   

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.06.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.06.26 AM.png

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

* your thread was moved to the Graphics Cards, please always post in the appropriate section *

I am really bad about that sorry 😞

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

You are correct that under the hood these are both 3060ti’s, but they are NOT the same card. Gigabyte is selling their EAGLE card at msrp. Very few companies are selling any of their cards at that price so maybe they are trying to look like the “gamer friendly” company. However, the GAMING OC PRO offers features like a beefier heat sink, factory overclock and maybe some other “gamer” focused features. Gigabyte believes that these extra features are worth an extra $220. Due to the current gpu market they are correct. People will buy the more expensive card even though it offers upgrades that probably aren’t worth the extra money. Because of how hard it is to find a card these things are being sold at whatever these gpu companies think they can get away with. It’s just the way things are right now.

2 hours ago, a7xforever11 said:

You are correct that under the hood these are both 3060ti’s, but they are NOT the same card. Gigabyte is selling their EAGLE card at msrp. Very few companies are selling any of their cards at that price so maybe they are trying to look like the “gamer friendly” company. However, the GAMING OC PRO offers features like a beefier heat sink, factory overclock and maybe some other “gamer” focused features. Gigabyte believes that these extra features are worth an extra $220. Due to the current gpu market they are correct. People will buy the more expensive card even though it offers upgrades that probably aren’t worth the extra money. Because of how hard it is to find a card these things are being sold at whatever these gpu companies think they can get away with. It’s just the way things are right now.

ok thx

Main Project:

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard