Thinking I need a bigger case

Ravendarat

Ok, so I currently have a define R6 which I definitely like. Last night I started laying out my loop and I’m thinking I might have some space issues in regards to being able to bend my tubes. I attached a picture to put things in perspective. So what’s not in the picture is the block for my gpu and cpu as I’m still using this computer while waiting for tubing to come in, but both will be getting blocks. Also I have a 30mm 360 rad coming for the top. I also know that having the second res is completely unnecessary but I like the look and am determined to keep it. So with all that being said are there any options you all can think of that might give me a bit more space to work in without jumping all the way up to an obsidian 1000 or similar?

28265991-9524-4F26-BF47-CDF0E199C1CF.jpeg

from the looks of it you have plenty of space , if you need more mount the rad outside the case instead of inside.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

from the looks of it you have plenty of space , if you need more mount the rad outside the case instead of inside.

I might be over thinking things since I have the cooler and gpu still in there, once I remove the cooler from the cpu and gpu it will open up quite a bit id bet, I just had concerns about what I was gonna be dealing with once I have the 30mm rad in the top as well

wait, are you planning to watercool both GPU and CPU?

The tubing is going to be one of the bad parts, and always check for leaks or paper the system so it doesn't fry from water dripping from the connection points.

You might need some L shaped connectors if you have some, also soft or hard tubing?

More radiators might not do much more and will add a bit more complexity, a bit unsure how much one would need or is the perfect spot for both units.

At least know on some components 240 can be a sweet spot.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

wait, are you planning to watercool both GPU and CPU?

The tubing is going to be one of the bad parts, and always check for leaks or paper the system so it doesn't fry from water dripping from the connection points.

You might need some L shaped connectors if you have some, also soft or hard tubing?

More radiators might not do much more and will add a bit more complexity, a bit unsure how much one would need or is the perfect spot for both units.

At least know on some components 240 can be a sweet spot.

Ya I'm cooling both, and Ive don't loops before but this one is the first 2 rad, 2 res setups Ive done. I have some right angles but there is no place locally I know of in Edmonton where I live to get the fittings in stock so I have to order online so I am hoping I can do it with what I have because because I dont wanna start the build and than have to wait on aliexpress to deliver more stuff lol

seems like you should stick to 1 radiator for now, and since you would not have the space for another one of similar scale.

While they would then share some heat, or if you had the space for two smaller radiators. Not sure if pump size/pressure matters too much?

If the bottom part was designed differently it could be space above, but it seems if you are lucky or trying with the big and thicc rad you have to see if it fits above due  to ram clearance and CPU block to tube ports. just to know if it will fit when removing ever uneeded part. might need thinner fans too for the top.

PCpartpicker using a thinner rad on the top for cpu.

https://youtu.be/-cN547iWgjo?t=2122

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

I might be over thinking things since I have the cooler and gpu still in there, once I remove the cooler from the cpu and gpu it will open up quite a bit id bet, I just had concerns about what I was gonna be dealing with once I have the 30mm rad in the top as well

well just mount the rad and fans on the outside vs the inside if you need room

I see what you mean. The R6 looks a lot smaller inside than my R4 does. It looks kind of like a long Meshify C.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

15 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Ok, so I currently have a define R6 which I definitely like. Last night I started laying out my loop and I’m thinking I might have some space issues in regards to being able to bend my tubes. I attached a picture to put things in perspective. So what’s not in the picture is the block for my gpu and cpu as I’m still using this computer while waiting for tubing to come in, but both will be getting blocks. Also I have a 30mm 360 rad coming for the top. I also know that having the second res is completely unnecessary but I like the look and am determined to keep it. So with all that being said are there any options you all can think of that might give me a bit more space to work in without jumping all the way up to an obsidian 1000 or similar?

28265991-9524-4F26-BF47-CDF0E199C1CF.jpeg

Removing CPU cooler will make it more spacious, you can bottom mount the rad in the basement or mount it topside and you won't have to even touch a ruler. It's compact so hopefully you don't want to add pcie cards or a bunch of sata drives but it'll all fit. Just play Tetris.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Ravendarat said:

I also know that having the second res is completely unnecessary but I like the look and am determined to keep it. 

Wait. Res or Rad? 

Dual Rad's have been completed in this case for as long as the case has bene around. Dual Res's on the other hand I dont believe I've seen before. You could theoretically do it but you'd either

1. likely need to "Normal" mount the GPU and put the second Res under the GPU
  2. see if the Res fits behind the vertical mount GPU (doesnt show it off )
  3. see if you can "hang it" from the top fan/rad. Will likely interfere with CPU water block tubes and/or RAM. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Wait. Res or Rad? 

Dual Rad's have been completed in this case for as long as the case has bene around. Dual Res's on the other hand I dont believe I've seen before. You could theoretically do it but you'd either

1. likely need to "Normal" mount the GPU and put the second Res under the GPU
  2. see if the Res fits behind the vertical mount GPU (doesnt show it off )
  3. see if you can "hang it" from the top fan/rad. Will likely interfere with CPU water block tubes and/or RAM. 

Second Res but I think you arent seeing that both are already in there. The standard clear tube style and then the corsair pump/res combo mounted on the rear fan support.

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Second Res but I think you arent seeing that both are already in there. The standard clear tube style and then the corsair pump/res combo mounted on the rear fan support.

Oh, That's what you meant by a second res? Oh jeeze that's a lot better; I was picturing two tube res's!

The second rad will likely push the top fans into the Corsair res though.... Cant really slide it towards the front too much without hitting the front res (Even after flipping the front one upside down so connections are at the bottom) How adjustable height wise is that Corsair Res?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Oh, That's what you meant by a second res? Oh jeeze that's a lot better; I was picturing two tube res's!

The second rad will likely push the top fans into the Corsair res though.... Cant really slide it towards the front too much without hitting the front res (Even after flipping the front one upside down so connections are at the bottom) How adjustable height wise is that Corsair Res?

I'll find out tonight, my tubing and second rad showed up so tonight I'll gut it, get water blocks installed as well as rad and see where things are sitting