This might be an odd question.....

hey guys im working on a bit of a weird project. i've been messing with a dell d610 latitude. upgraded the ram looking into a HDD caddy to install a SSD. ive also been looking into linux to see what i could do with it. linux mint seems to be the best option.

anyways im now looking into getting a D/Dock Expansion Station (M8538).

https://www.ebay.com/p/130822119

my question is; what gpu should i install into it. if any Dell Latitude veterans could help me out, that would be awesome. i know it needs to be half height and of course a PCI gpu not PCIE gpu. but trying to find anything useful is driving me nuts.

thanks as always

1 hour ago, jhogan93 said:

what gpu should i install into it.

Unless I radically miss my guess, that's not a slot for a video card, but rather a floppy drive or cd-rom type device.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Unless I radically miss my guess, that's not a slot for a video card, but rather a floppy drive or cd-rom type device.

i have seen forums and videos talking about installing a gpu. it may be a bit of a hassle to get it setup but im in the deep end.

22 minutes ago, jhogan93 said:

i have seen forums and videos talking about installing a gpu. it may be a bit of a hassle to get it setup but im in the deep end.

Links please?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.