Why do I love the taste of food after it’s been left few hours and microwaved? For some reason I enjoy it a lot more? It gives food this texture

WolfLoverPro

For some reason I enjoy dinner that’s been left for few hours and then microwaved 

some things go harder like broccoli ( which I kinda like a bit of hardness ) and some things go softer 

But idk what it is it seems to taste better line flavours come out?? And then yeah the textures 

or am I just imagine it ? 

I googled it and there’s loads of posts saying why does food taste WORSE 

so maybe I’m strange 

Really hot foods have much more muted flavors to me than cooler foods.

Depends on the food and why you are doing it.

Some might just like the texture or personal relationship with food, as some can develop gag reflexes on the negative side of things for certian food or smells.

Dental hygine can also change how you like your food or how it taste, and same with the taste buds?

To climate that might change your diet, but that is generally more about diet? or about general consumption of food related in that area.

Milk and other fats or other types of food, might like to sit around for a while... so long it's SAFELY stored, else it can be a brewing ground for bacterias.

Certain structures can be broken over time, and like with most sauces in general, cooked slowely over a longer time to condense more flavour into every drop.

Or one could "cheat" in the various ways we do in cooking today. Also with the time, it might be that the flavours as said on TV "getting to know each other".

Like leftover rice, that are often used in various dishes, were consistency is not always reached on first attempt through boiling, unless you have a rice cooker but might still be too moist for getting more flavour. Also how cooking to quick freeze/cooling and vaccuming is used to reduce moisture while keeping flavour and it fresh until water is added back into it.

So in short there can be many reasons for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely understand what you're saying. Garlic Bread is 110% better when you microwave it a couple of hours after you get it from Dominos or something.

However, microwaving broccoli and saying it's better should be a crime and mustn't go unpunished!!

Taste is strange. We are rice eaters but my wife cannot stomach risotto.😅