Linus Torvalds ROASTS anti-vaxx devs!

6 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

You need to adjust your clock in your BIOS, it's quite some way behind. Install NTP, that really works  😉

Intentional.😄

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well now it all makes sense.

Now can we get back to writing code?

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

You could take out the "anti-vaxx" and that statement would still be true...

And everyone ROASTS Marketeers...

20 hours ago, alex75871 said:

Linus Torvalds must be in on it. Maybe he developed COVID so he could imbed Linux in the vaccine and control us using 5G.

You have to call it the "Tux Virus".
Looks like a teeny-tiny-little penguin when viewed under a microscope.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

I love this so much. Where I am at we have a significant number of the population that fall into anti-vax, flat earth, Nazi's on the moon, Qanon etc. We've plateaued with our first dose vaccinations at 68% of the eligible population (Age 12+) which goes to show how many people are caught up in that shit. I can understand peoples distrust of the government and media outlets but what I don't get is how people can be so blind to the factual information presented to them.

Daily vacinations and total vacinations in Alberta (The Florida of Canada).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3e60555b27f834b8f5cc3eb7ff5d6b3.png

image.png.0c31beaa2eb271f731db9446caaaddf6.png

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

3 hours ago, trag1c said:

I love this so much. Where I am at we have a significant number of the population that fall into anti-vax, flat earth, Nazi's on the moon, Qanon etc. We've plateaued with our first dose vaccinations at 68% of the eligible population (Age 12+) which goes to show how many people are caught up in that shit. I can understand peoples distrust of the government and media outlets but what I don't get is how people can be so blind to the factual information presented to them.

The Flat Earth and even worse, Nazis have a Base on The Moon. Both are outright impossible.

7 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

The Flat Earth and even worse, Nazis have a Base on The Moon. Both are outright impossible.

Yup....There are some somewhat reasonable conspiracy's like the death of Jeffrey Epstein where there are still a lot of unanswered questions but these guys have gone down the rabbit hole into a completely different reality. A lot of them are sucked so far in they can't even form coherent thoughts anymore. I know a few guys who were really intelligent people that got caught up in that shit and it's just mind boggling because they're people that used to have a lot of reasoning, logic and thought behind everything they did now have none. 

They're beyond dumb but at least with shit like flat earthers they're mostly harmless. The anti-vax people are the ones that really tick me off though. Actively endangering others because the refute science without reasoning. My sister in law can't receive the MMR (measles) vaccine because it nearly killed her and her doctors think that the virus would likely have the same effect. So she is reliant on others to be vaccinated. It really pisses me off that people could have so much ignorance and negligence that it could potentially kill or seriously harm others. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 hour ago, trag1c said:

Yup....There are some somewhat reasonable conspiracy's like the death of Jeffrey Epstein where there are still a lot of unanswered questions but these guys have gone down the rabbit hole into a completely different reality. A lot of them are sucked so far in they can't even form coherent thoughts anymore. I know a few guys who were really intelligent people that got caught up in that shit and it's just mind boggling because they're people that used to have a lot of reasoning, logic and thought behind everything they did now have none. 

They're beyond dumb but at least with shit like flat earthers they're mostly harmless. The anti-vax people are the ones that really tick me off though. Actively endangering others because the refute science without reasoning. My sister in law can't receive the MMR (measles) vaccine because it nearly killed her and her doctors think that the virus would likely have the same effect. So she is reliant on others to be vaccinated. It really pisses me off that people could have so much ignorance and negligence that it could potentially kill or seriously harm others.

The Anti-Vaxers are responable for bringing back Measals. There is nothing worse then Human Stupidity.

Fearmongering is a very profitable business, but so is organized crime (conspiracies).

A closed mind is a stupid one; often voiced by A. Einstein to those who believed him, but too proud to ever listen.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

sometimes I struggle to understand if they are trolls, joking around or actually serious

Anyway since we are in theme, even though the probabilities are really low, I still fear getting a vaccine, even though rationally would make more sense to do a vaccine as fast as possible...

On 6/10/2021 at 9:33 PM, SansVarnic said:

What am I thinking? this is 2020 and this is no longer possible, Ignore me.

I knew it! I knew we didn't actually make it out of 2020!

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14