Whats the point in an expesive case

spwath

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

"I'm rich bro".

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

quality and looks, and i guess brand and features, but yea, except some of the big cases like the 900D i would say most arent worth it

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

maybe looks, and if they have certain features that people may like

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Check out stuff from caselabs... or the 900D, its a question of how much space you need / want and aesthetics that are pleasant to you with the features you want.

Design and advanced manufacturing comes at a price.

It looks good and is build very well.

Quote me to get a reply!

Check out stuff from caselabs... or the 900D, its a question of how much space you need / want and aesthetics that are pleasant to you with the features you want.

Design and advanced manufacturing comes at a price.

Hm ok. Yeah i really need a new case, phantom 410 red is what i have. It would be cool to have one of these but if my case costs more than my gpu...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

uhh better temps? more quiet?

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

What does expesive mean?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What does expesive mean?

like 200+ USD

Always splurge on a Case and PSU. 

Those are the two components are most likely to survive any rebuilds because it takes forever for them to become obsolete (i.e. connectors on a PSU, or form factor in a case such as BTX). 

They are the things that will retain their value the longest. Period. GPU, CPU, Storage, and Memory all become obsolete far faster.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Always splurge on a Case and PSU. 

Those are the two components are most likely to survive any rebuilds because it takes forever for them to become obsolete (i.e. connectors on a PSU, or form factor in a case such as BTX). 

They are the things that will retain their value the longest. Period. GPU, CPU, Storage, and Memory all become obsolete far faster.

OK. I did it wrong. I got an icky red phantom 410, and a 20$ CM 500 watt uncertified non modular PSU...

OK. I did it wrong. I got an icky red phantom 410, and a 20$ CM 500 watt uncertified non modular PSU...

Don't even try to use that power supply.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

In win cases are beautiful but expensive and not practical.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Don't even try to use that power supply.

Ive been using for 2 months. My parents say i dont need a new one cause this one works. But when i upgrade my gpu ro build my parents a computer ll get a new one.

i mean it got good amazon reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Supply-RS500-PCARD3-US/dp/B001G0WPLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396436099&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+500+watt

Really expensive cases have better design... in a just world. Or at the very least, they have a plethora more features. They might have soundproofing like with the Corsair 550D or Fractal Design Define R4. They may have 140mm fan mounts. More drive bays. More fan mounts. Better cable management. Dust filters. There's a lot of reasons to buy a more expensive case, but you should be holistic about it. Ergo, pick a case that suits your needs based on the case itself, not its price.

As for why those cases are expensive, well, it's Silverstone. They usually have far less plastic (if any) than their competition. The Silverstone FT02 is also a pretty damn innovative case. It uses three bottom-mounted 180mm fans for intake and a single fan for exhaust. The motherboard tray is rotated, too, which might be a bit of a bear to people building the system, but the incredible airflow is worth it. Just keeping in mind that there aren't a massive amount of 180mm fan manufacturers out there.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Point in an expencive case? Quality, looks, warranty, compatibility, cooling, silence,...

Lets see...

Expensive cases are often designed to outlast you as a person. They often have more room to cable manage then makes sense, and support for so many cooling features that you could pull double duty as a refrigerator in the bottom basement of most of these large cases. Aluminum design is also a personal thing, but I like it. These kinds of cases are also assembled with screws, not rivets. You have the power to do whatever the hell you want in customizing them to however it makes sense.

Looks come into play as well, expensive cases just look good. And they're expensive partly because the economies of scale aren't there for a case that just won't sell much in the first place. 

Expensive is also relative. To a teenager, 200 on a case is expensive. To someone who has a large PC budget of a few grand or more, 200 might actually end up being the cheapest part of their build. 

I personally would go for a carbon fiber TJ07. Yes. Carbon fiber. As in, I'd send in all the parts to someone who uses real CF and have them make every single TJ07 part in CF. Just because I could. 

Really expensive cases have better design... in a just world. Or at the very least, they have a plethora more features. They might have soundproofing like with the Corsair 550D or Fractal Design Define R4. They may have 140mm fan mounts. More drive bays. More fan mounts. Better cable management. Dust filters. There's a lot of reasons to buy a more expensive case, but you should be holistic about it. Ergo, pick a case that suits your needs based on the case itself, not its price.

As for why those cases are expensive, well, it's Silverstone. They usually have far less plastic (if any) than their competition. The Silverstone FT02 is also a pretty damn innovative case. It uses three bottom-mounted 180mm fans for intake and a single fan for exhaust. The motherboard tray is rotated, too, which might be a bit of a bear to people building the system, but the incredible airflow is worth it. Just keeping in mind that there aren't a massive amount of 180mm fan manufacturers out there.

But silverstone makes good fans

Lets see...

Expensive cases are often designed to outlast you as a person. They often have more room to cable manage then makes sense, and support for so many cooling features that you could pull double duty as a refrigerator in the bottom basement of most of these large cases. Aluminum design is also a personal thing, but I like it. These kinds of cases are also assembled with screws, not rivets. You have the power to do whatever the hell you want in customizing them to however it makes sense.

Looks come into play as well, expensive cases just look good. And they're expensive partly because the economies of scale aren't there for a case that just won't sell much in the first place. 

Expensive is also relative. To a teenager, 200 on a case is expensive. To someone who has a large PC budget of a few grand or more, 200 might actually end up being the cheapest part of their build. 

I personally would go for a carbon fiber TJ07. Yes. Carbon fiber. As in, I'd send in all the parts to someone who uses real CF and have them make every single TJ07 part in CF. Just because I could. 

Well yeah, im gonig to sell all my legos for 800+ USD

But silverstone makes good fans

Yeah, and their higher-end cases like the FT02 have good fans. Others like the TJ07 merely have acceptable fans. Their aftermarket fans are good.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Yeah, and their higher-end cases like the FT02 have good fans. Others like the TJ07 merely have acceptable fans. Their aftermarket fans are good.

Yeha i have an air penetrator fan and it is by far the quietest in my computer

I like the ft02 and the ft04.

And the ft03 and ft03 mini but thoes are to small so id have to get lots of new stuff.

Looks mostly and mounting options but realistically you don't need a case to hook up your hardware. Just put it in some sort of cabinet or something and your good.