Android 12 is here and I like it

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

That shot at 4:28 got the video closed for me chief.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

That shot at 4:28 got the video closed for me chief.

Too much camera bump for your eyes? 😛

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

Too much camera bump for your eyes? 😛

Jakes finger did.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Okay, so how well can this be backported to older devices, like Samsung? (S3 user here!)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Does linus know he already talked about the notifications history in the android 11 video? He's talking about it like it's new and with the same enthusiasm too. Lol

there was so much talk around android 10 and on, I guess we are finally seeing some of those features talked about.

But what does this mean for system support, what phones will get the update? that has been an issue for so long, or missing out on the upgrades one could have gotten.

derp it all, google and android.

16 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

But what does this mean for system support, what phones will get the update?

Nothing. It is still upto manufacturer to release or not to release major updates. Google makes it easier for them to update but manufacturers arent any more competent. Since 2018 they are just required to release security patches for the next 24 months after device is released.

Can you actually change the look of the notification panel or not? And I don't mean colors but sizing to more like previous android versions without all the useless fluff space.

This means I will need to reteach my parents how to use their phones, so I dont really like it.

How is making clock totally change the shape and position help in readability. It's idiotic change. I hate reading time with disfigured format of minutes below hours. I just want the normal format.

That thread on Linus's shirt is triggering me so hard.... 

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

How is making clock totally change the shape and position help in readability. It's idiotic change. I hate reading time with disfigured format of minutes below hours. I just want the normal format.

It's fine. It's really not that hard to read the clock top-down instead of left-right.

34 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It's fine. It's really not that hard to read the clock top-down instead of left-right.

You can't just assume that and apply it to all users.

15 hours ago, RejZoR said:

You can't just assume that and apply it to all users.

You're right, I can't, but it's also irrational to freak out because you might have to read time slightly differently. You don't have to like it, just take it in stride.

31 minutes ago, Commodus said:

You're right, I can't, but it's also irrational to freak out because you might have to read time slightly differently. You don't have to like it, just take it in stride.

Given how much customization is in the OS already, there is a very high likelihood it will be able to be changed anyway. If not, there will be another app to come along to replace the lock screen clock shortly after launch.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

So going by the lettering naming scheme, Android 13.0 will be Android T. The 'T' stands for "trucker hat".

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000