Ryzen 5 5600x Temps

Cbloom2001

So I recently purchased a computer from NZXTs BLD service and I got a r5 5600x as I know amd makes good CPUs and I notice it gets a bit warm considering it’s water cooled with a 360m radiator and I’m slightly concerned to be honest. Any ideas? 

6 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

What do you consider warm?

I'm running a 5600x on an air cooler with great case cooling and I get mid 40's idle and I believe about mid 60's load.

Well considering it’s on a 360 rad I feel it should be at least a little cooler, playing Rainbow six it hovers around 66 Celsius.

1 minute ago, Cbloom2001 said:

Well considering it’s on a 360 rad I feel it should be at least a little cooler, playing Rainbow six it hovers around 66 Celsius.

thats an excellent temp

66 is absolutely fine, I wouldn't spend a load of time trying to get another 5C off it wont make much diff to performance.

its fine, depends on load too.

Rads unlike air coolers, can reach a point. So no matter how big it is, it might just level out on those temps and little you can do, could try other fans if that would help at all. (to try and cool the fins more). Not sure about the power/pressure of certain pumps, but would guess it should do a decent job anyways.

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

thats an excellent temp

Well I’m pretty new to Water cooling and have zero idea what to expect honestly, and I’ve only ever had 4 core cpus and those obviously don’t need as much power as a 6 core. Just cautious as this is a 2700 dollar computer 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Cbloom2001 said:

Well I’m pretty new to Water cooling and have zero idea what to expect honestly, and I’ve only ever had 4 core cpus and those obviously don’t need as much power as a 6 core. Just cautious as this is a 2700 dollar computer 😂😂

Ryzen measures temp differently than Intel so if you had Intel CPUs in the past, 60*C on Ryzen is way different than 60*C on the old Intel CPUs because of where the sensors are located.

Another thing is that Ryzen has a lot more focused heat into a tiny area so it's way more difficult to cool it effectively since you can only do so much to transfer the heat from a tiny spot to a big heatsink, there are a lot of diminishing returns at some point.

66*C is perfectly fine even for a 360mm AIO.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Ryzen measures temp differently than Intel so if you had Intel CPUs in the past, 60*C on Ryzen is way different than 60*C on the old Intel CPUs because of where the sensors are located.

Another thing is that Ryzen has a lot more focused heat into a tiny area so it's way more difficult to cool it effectively since you can only do so much to transfer the heat from a tiny spot to a big heatsink, there are a lot of diminishing returns at some point.

66*C is perfectly fine even for a 360mm AIO.

Oooh, ok. Yeah that makes sense. I’ve only ever had one other amd cpu and it was an fx 4600 or something lol and then I had an i7 6700. But yeah that makes sense I forget amd is on like what a 7 nm process or something. But anyway thank you very much