Getting About 50% Read Speeds and 25% Write Speeds, Reason?

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

Plug the ssd in the first slot.

I recently purchased a Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 Drive; claiming to reach speeds up 3200MB/s read and 2000MB/s write.

I assume the board is important so I have a B450M Mortar Max paired with a Ryzen 5 2600.

Results are shown in picture attached.

Result.PNG

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Make sure the m2 is in the first slot. Otherwise, you share lanes with things like sata/chipset/whatever else uses chipset lanes 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Make sure the m2 is in the first slot. Otherwise, you share lanes with things like sata/chipset/whatever else uses chipset lanes 

Thanks peeps. Will switch it up now. My thought process was to hide the drive behind the GPU.

Also your SSD is 75% full. Quoted specs are basically "up to, when it's empty". Only goes down from here.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, alanp1995 said:

hide the drive behind the GPU

No no. that's the best location for SSD.

Under the gpu might get hot air from it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, alanp1995 said:

Thanks peeps. Will switch it up now. My thought process was to hide the drive behind the GPU.

That should be the first slot

NVM that board is weird and be first pcie slot is really low down.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Also your SSD is 75% full. Quoted specs are basically "up to, when it's empty". Only goes down from here.

And they also say peak speeds, not max sustained.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler