My Specs:

Ryzen 9 5900x

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16

ASUS Prime x570-PRO ATX

Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB

2x WD Blue 1TB m.2

Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold

Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum SE 240mm AIO

I have just upgraded everything in my pc, all but the GPU because of the prices at the moment, i upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1600x, with 8gb of 2133 ram, to a Ryzen 9 5900x and 32gb of 3200 ram.

It is impossible that it is a bottleneck with this CPU, the CPU is only sitting at 10-15% in usage in all games the bottleneck is definitely the GPU, but it is only sitting at around 20% usage when playing games, i have never seen it above 35% usage in MSI afterburner overlay.

I am now getting lower fps in most games that before i upgraded, it seems to be only newer games that have significantly lower fps, I'm not sure why this is, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Things that i have tried:

Reinstalling drivers using DDU to delete them

All settings in nvidia control panel are set to maximum performance, with vsync off

Turning down settings in games, with no improvement in usage

Edit: the power limiter is set to 150%, and the temp limit is cranked in MSI afterburner, the temps under load never exceed 65°C because of the low usage.

It is also running is 16x pcie gen 4 mode

What games are doing it? For example when this thing happened to me on my radeon card, it was specifically in destiny 2 where my GPU usage was being capped to 25% Wanna know what fixed it? Removing the Nexus Mod Manager for Cyberpunk from my "start with windows" folder and rebooting. 

Prob just a story, but have you also installed all the drivers for all the components you upgraded? 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

49 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Removing the Nexus Mod Manager for Cyberpunk from my "start with windows" folder and rebooting. 

To paraphrase the bot on the nexus discord im in: "nexus mod manager is trash..."  ~

49 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Prob just a story,

probably, but i believe issues like in this thread often have weird causes, like way too much RAM at low speeds instead of more appropriate amount of RAM at high speeds, weird settings, "nvme drives" that throttle bandwith for everything else, tons of 3rd party programs with unknown ill effects, etc.

Therefore its often difficult - impossible to figure these things out, especially without physical access.

@woodyjm  can you check whats your GPU running at, x8 or x16 PCIe?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

probably, but i believe issues like in this thread often have weird causes, like way too much RAM at low speeds instead of more appropriate amount of RAM at high speeds, weird settings, "nvme drives" that throttle bandwith for everything else, tons of 3rd party programs with unknown ill effects, etc.

Therefore its often difficult - impossible to figure these things out, especially without physical access.

@woodyjm  can you check whats your GPU running at, x8 or x16 PCIe?

It's in the top pcie slot so it is running at 16x, it is also at gen4 speeds. But surely even if the bandwidth is limited, the gpu would still be running at more that 20%, it would be maxed out, but be lagging anyway.

1 hour ago, Nathanpete said:

What games are doing it? For example when this thing happened to me on my radeon card, it was specifically in destiny 2 where my GPU usage was being capped to 25% Wanna know what fixed it? Removing the Nexus Mod Manager for Cyberpunk from my "start with windows" folder and rebooting. 

Prob just a story, but have you also installed all the drivers for all the components you upgraded? 

All drivers are installed and updates, i have updated the bios and everything too, the games that are affected that i have tried are Apex and Valorant, both of which i am getting 40fps, but they are both more cpu heavy games.

I don't have cyberpunk or any mod managers installed, also i have davinci resolve editing software and that won't even launch most the time, not that it crashes when opened. it just doesn't open, and that is a fresh install on my m.2.

Surely the x570 chipset has enough bandwidth for all of my pci components and ram, its not even when my ram is at high usage, it will be at like 10gb usage when it is lagging, so it is not taking up much bandwidth.

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I mean I can explain the NVMe drive that throttle the bandwidth for everything else. It is actually really simple. NVMe needs lots of bandwidth, but if you put it in the bottom slot, which shares bandwidth with SATA, USB, and other PCIe devices via the "Chipset uplink, which is usually only 8 lanes wide, then the chipset will throttle SATA and USB to make room for the NVMe drive's necessary bandwidth. A Gen 3 drive that maximizes gen 3 x4 speeds will take away half of the available chipset bandwidth. But if normal operations of everything else uses more than half, well then the chipset needs to compensate. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Just now, woodyjm said:

It's in the top pcie slot so it is running at 16x, it is also at gen4 speeds. But surely even if the bandwidth is limited, the gpu would still be running at more that 20%, it would be maxed out, but be lagging anyway.

Yep, a GPU really doesn't throttle itself when low on bandwidth. It loses performance, but no 80%

Just now, woodyjm said:

All drivers are installed and updates, i have updated the bios and everything too, the games that are affected that i have tried are Apex and Valorant, both of which i am getting 40fps.

I don't have cyberpunk or any mod managers installed, also i have davinci resolve editing software and that won't even launch most the time, not that it crashes when opened. it just doesn't open, and that is a fresh install on my m.2.

I play neither Apex or Valorant (Can't play apex because the login screen is bugged for me and I can't attach an account. Don't play valorant bc I prefer CSGO) so I can't help with anything like that. I know some games still render as many frames as possible, but then only display like 40 FPS, discarding the rest. This happens specifically for me in Forza Horizon 4. Whenever I boot the game, it can never figure out what the framerate cap and ratio should be. Sometimes it is correct at 144, sometimes disabled, sometimes 60, sometimes 36, and sometimes even 20 FPS. But my GPU usage is stuck at 99% because it is rendering at more than 130 FPS but then only choosing 20. Of course this is not your issue, because you are just getting a rock bottom FPS and GPU usage. 

11 minutes ago, woodyjm said:

It's in the top pcie slot so it is running at 16x

Eh, its just something i thought of, it happens , and it can affect performance / usage etc, usually fixed with a bios update or fresh win install etc. But if its at x16 then its not that i guess.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I mean I can explain the NVMe drive that throttle the bandwidth for everything else. It is actually really simple. NVMe needs lots of bandwidth, but if you put it in the bottom slot, which shares bandwidth with SATA, USB, and other PCIe devices via the "Chipset uplink, which is usually only 8 lanes wide, then the chipset will throttle SATA and USB to make room for the NVMe drive's necessary bandwidth. A Gen 3 drive that maximizes gen 3 x4 speeds will take away half of the available chipset bandwidth. But if normal operations of everything else uses more than half, well then the chipset needs to compensate. 

I have 2 nvme drives, so both the slots in the board are populated, at the moment, they are running at gen4 speeds, if i lower this to gen3 would it decrease the bandwidth that they are using? could that possibly help things?

1 minute ago, woodyjm said:

I have 2 nvme drives, so both the slots in the board are populated, at the moment, they are running at gen4 speeds, if i lower this to gen3 would it decrease the bandwidth that they are using? could that possibly help things?

Oh no, my message was not directed at you. It was entrirely directed to the guy I was quoting. I was trying to teach him something, not instruct you, the OP, how to fix your problem. Bandwidth IS NOT your problem. 

Just now, Nathanpete said:

Oh no, my message was not directed at you. It was entrirely directed to the guy I was quoting. I was trying to teach him something, not instruct you, the OP, how to fix your problem. Bandwidth IS NOT your problem. 

Ah okay, yeah i thought that wouldn't affect things