Freeware category

LWM723
4 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Request for a Freeware category

you mean free hardwrare or the freeware software type?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

There is already a forum for discussing software: Programs, Apps, and Websites

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@Spotty
I meant a separate freeware forum where members could post and discuss various freeware.

33 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

@Spotty
I meant a separate freeware forum where members could post and discuss various freeware.

You mean

Software section does not get such surge of posts currently that there would need to be any kind of separation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LWM723 said:

What's there to discuss? A list of freeware software is not the same thing as a discussion, and people just making new threads with something along the lines of "This InsertAppHere is cool and free!" would very quickly make the category both uselessly unwieldy and cluttered and it still wouldn't induce any sort of discussion.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

What's there to discuss? A list of freeware software is not the same thing as a discussion, and people just making new threads with something along the lines of "This InsertAppHere is cool and free!" would very quickly make the category both uselessly unwieldy and cluttered and it still wouldn't induce any sort of discussion.

I think that a forum is not suitable for it,but rather something like what TechSpot (Hardware Unboxed staff are writers there!) did:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 hours ago, Vishera said:

I think that a forum is not suitable for it,but rather something like what TechSpot (Hardware Unboxed staff are writers there!) did:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/

We're not going to do something like that here. Either it's community-curated, in which case we end up with a bunch of legal headaches and have to worry about malicious content, or it's staff-curated, which would require a vast amount of effort for almost no benefit.

HTTP/2 203