What to do with my Pi

spwath

I have seen a couple of these topics, but i have a rasberry pi and im wondering what to do with it. Somthing cool.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Minecraft server :D

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

HTPC, File Server, Mom's internet machine, or learn programming on it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

car PC

I can see how you have 6k posts... quick and not very discriptive : /

Anyway

I would use it as a low power file server, or maybe use it to make a home theatre PC running linux of some kind. Well I don't know how it would handle HD footage :/ 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Emulation. Best use ever. Nothing like playing Pokemon, or split screen mario cart on a 32inch TV for about a 10th of the price of a Wii. Also, some guy in another post like this linked to a beta in security for a cloud that you can run on a pi. I  tried it and it's really quite good. Ill edit in a link if I find it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Usually you eat raspberry pie.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Anyway

I would use it as a low power file server, or maybe use it to make a home theatre PC running linux of some kind. Well I don't know how it would handle HD footage :/ 

I assume the OP and the rest of the readers aren't idiots and don't need a paragraph to convey an idea. 

I'm sure they know what I mean and understand how to implement a 'car PC' 

If you don't like my posts, are offended by them, or find them to be lacking description, in the top right drop down menu, click on "My settings" and go down to the "Ignore preferences" sub menu where you can "helping" to your ignore list.

You can also click on "Manage ignore prefs" in the same drop down menu, as it's a bit shorter. 

Error: 410

Make tau out of it! 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Web server, file server, HTPC, Minecraft server, retro game emulator, tablet, an advisor for when the ISS is over you, boinc, programming...

i'm a potato

Make tau out of it! 

Pifire X

i'm a potato

I assume the OP and the rest of the readers aren't idiots and don't need a paragraph to convey and idea. 

If you don't like my posts, are offended by them, or find them to be lacking description, in the top right drop down menu, click on "My settings" and go down to the "Ignore preferences" sub menu where you can "helping" to your ignore list.

Well in that other topic you assumed wrong. It took like 5 posts for you to explain what you mean. But in this case you were good. But i dont need car pc, i am 14.

Minecraft server :D

I dont think you can can you?

HTPC, File Server, Mom's internet machine, or learn programming on it

No need for HTPC, have roku, not really sure what file server is, Would probly be faster than our old imac, and yeah i would like to lean programming

Anyway

Got roku

Web server, file server, HTPC, Minecraft server, retro game emulator, tablet, an advisor for when the ISS is over you, boinc, programming...

Tablet would be cool, but seems kinda expesnsice and bulky. programming, yeah

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah really do learn programming. Get a small board and some leds, and solder them into a grind, then program the gpio to display a letter or something ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I assume the OP and the rest of the readers aren't idiots and don't need a paragraph to convey an idea. 

You can also click on "Manage ignore prefs" in the same drop down menu, as it's a bit shorter. 

Ahh... Just the answer I had expected lol. Assumptions aren't they great?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Well in that other topic you assumed wrong. It took like 5 posts for you to explain what you mean. But in this case you were good. But i dont need car pc, i am 14.

I dont think you can can you?

No need for HTPC, have roku, not really sure what file server is, Would probly be faster than our old imac, and yeah i would like to lean programming

Got roku

Tablet would be cool, but seems kinda expesnsice and bulky. programming, yeah

Yes the Pi can run minecraft.  Look up tutorials for setting up Java 8 and use spigot (http://spigotmc.org) for best results.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Ahh... Just the answer I had expected lol. Assumptions aren't they great?

Sure are. They make things like communication practical. 

Error: 410

Eat it. Duh.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

If you live in a region that is cold use it to control your *heating* boiler in the winter. Attach some thermometers to it, write a program, attach it to the two wires that start your boiler, and use your Pi to heat your home.

I heard that idea from somewhere.

a pi-nes

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

So Dutch Apple Pie vs regular apple pie?  I vote regular