Star Trek or Star Wars?

Lord Szechenyi
Go to solution Solved by Drama Lama,
3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

politics

Oh no, I'm not brave enough for politics. Blank Template ...

Star Trek or Star Wars  

75 members have voted

1. 1. (question above)

I'm going to be honest and say the prequel and original movies of star wars just for the special effects. I like bright glowy stuff. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

I've personally never seen any of the movies from both franchises, but I would pick Star Wars over Star Trek. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Grew up watching TNG, Voyager, DS9 and later Enterprise. I liked Star Wars but it never provided the 'thrill' of the Star Trek series and movies. I remember the anticipation waiting to see what happened in TNG's 'Best of Both Worlds'...

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the entire ST franchise went to complete sh!t when J.J. Abrams got a hold of it...

I actually prefer The Orville over both of these. Its basically offbrand startrek and only has 6 seasons, but Seth MacFarlane is in it so its good. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

On 4/30/2021 at 3:46 PM, Action_Johnson said:

I grew up in a Star Trek house, but I like both. 

Star Wars is fun in a "Cowboy's in space" kind of way. Solo and Rogue One were surprisingly good IMO, Mandalorian was great. Really liked the last of the Saga movies, I think Star Wars is headed to exciting places and what Disney's been doing with the franchise is really great, actually!

Episode's 1-3 when George Lucas was still involved, were genuinely some of the worst movies I've ever seen. 

Speaking of some of the worst movies I've ever seen, it's a damn miracle 14 movies were spun off of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Unequivocally the worst movie I've seen. 

ST DS9 when Sisko gets a beard, is the pinnacle of Star Trek IMO.

ST Voyager I thought was good, if not a little repetitive 

ST TNG is classic

ST TOS is a little too old and campy for me

ST Enterprise I could never get into

ST 6 The Undiscovered Country is my favorite out of all the Star Trek Movies

First Contact made no sense why the Borg Queen was such a Ho for Data.. That was actually kind of gross IMO

ST Disco got great when Pike showed up, mixed feelings about the spore drive. I'm pretty excited about the pike spin off

ST Picard is fine.. kind of lost interest, I think the sexy Romulan angle is kinda weird, and the thing where the guy got his eye popped out was really graphic for ST

Kelvin timeline? Couldn't give half a fuck if you put a gun to my head. 

Just my opinion on the best episodes, don't go apeshi... on me, please...LOL

ST DS9, The Adversary - The huge battle to defend the station from the Dominion 

TNG - Best of Both Worlds, Yesterdays Enterprise

Voyager - Year of Hell, Blink of an Eye, Scorpion

TOS - Mirror, Mirror

Enterprise - In a Mirror Darkly, Damage

Discovery - I just gave up because the series seems more concerned with virtue signaling than good dialogue

Picard - Just flat out boring, nonsensical storylines with lots of shiny, flashing things. The premise that they can recreate an android using data's organic matter was just...beyond dumb.

Ranked best at the top:

Stagate SG1

Voyager

DS9

TNG

Stargate SGA

ENT

Anything else isn’t something I am interested in.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Neither, I honestly like Firefly and Red Dwarf better, star wars started off ok but they ruined the movies with the sequels, and I never actually have watched a single episode of star trek I think I might check it out so I'll rethink my decision after that.

4 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

only has 6 seasons

wtf are you talking about, there's only 2 seasons and they are "supposedly" working on a 3rd one

3 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

wtf are you talking about, there's only 2 seasons and they are "supposedly" working on a 3rd one

oh its been a while im sorry, i have no idea what show im talkin about that has 6 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Star Trek, easily.

I have never seen a Star Wars movie in its entirety. My cousins made me watch the first one in my late teens, but I only watched up until Obi-Wan disappears, which I am told is near the end? But that's all, and I have no plans to ever watch them.

8 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

Ranked best at the top:

Stagate SG1

Voyager

DS9

TNG

Stargate SGA

ENT

Anything else isn’t something I am interested in.

Voyager above DS9 and TNG?? 

I'm probably a minority, but I could never really get into Voyager compared to TNG and even DS9.

9 hours ago, divito said:

I'm probably a minority, but I could never really get into Voyager compared to TNG and even DS9.

All of these shows have a lot of episodes and among those are weaker ones and more exciting ones. I cannot really say which of the three series I prefer, I could rather come up with a bunch of individual episodes.

1 hour ago, greenhorn said:

All of these shows have a lot of episodes and among those are weaker ones and more exciting ones. I cannot really say which of the three series I prefer, I could rather come up with a bunch of individual episodes.

i think we can all agree, nothing beats All Good Things...

12 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

oh its been a while im sorry, i have no idea what show im talkin about that has 6 

but then were you talking about orville, but misremembered the amount of seasons, or where you talking about another show that HAS 6 seasons?

Seth Macfarlane WAS in star trek enterprise for 1 or 2 episodes, but that only has 4 seasons.

We need Trek vs Wars movie

Multiverse if you will

Spoiler

/but not really

I edit my posts more often than not

25 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

but then were you talking about orville, but misremembered the amount of seasons, or where you talking about another show that HAS 6 seasons?

Seth Macfarlane WAS in star trek enterprise for 1 or 2 episodes, but that only has 4 seasons.

No i was talking about the Orville i dont know why i said 6 seasons. 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

12 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

i have no idea what show im talkin about that has 6 

12 minutes ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

No i was talking about the Orville i dont know why i said 6 seasons. 

so which show has 6 seasons

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

so which show has 6 seasons

i dont know. 

EDIT: its called Fresh off The Boat

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

6 hours ago, greenhorn said:

Agreed. Season 1 and 2 of TNG are TERRIBLE. Voyager and DS9 had some very stupid episodes, but they balanced out pretty well because there were also some spectacular ones too.

16 hours ago, divito said:

It kind of grows on you...Some of the episodes though are just outright dumb...like the entire episode that was dedicated to debating the rights of holograms...

TNG will always be at the top of my list, followed by Enterprise, Voyager and then DS9 (which I found had too many side stories) I don't know if you ever watched Enterprise, it seems that people either love it or hate it. The best episode in my opinion was, 'In a mirror darkly' where they find Kirk's sister ship from 100 years in the future...I thought it was pretty cool seeing the 2 ships side by side and then later battling it out. Spoiler: NX-01 gets owned

tumblr_p3380lAAZz1rzu2xzo2_500.gifv

4 minutes ago, steelo said:

It kind of grows on you...Some of the episodes though are just outright dumb...like the entire episode that was dedicated to debating the rights of holograms...

TNG will always be at the top of my list, followed by Enterprise, Voyager and then DS9 (which I found had too many boring episodes) I don't know if you ever watched Enterprise, it seems that people either love it or hate it. The best episode in my opinion was, 'In a mirror darkly' where they find Kirk's sister ship from 100 years in the future...LOL

Yes, it definitely grows on you. As far as TNG is concerned, I can recommend watching the "honest trailer" on it on youtube, it is quite hilarious and talks about different aspects of the show.
I liked the Klingon and Romulan story arcs and the Borg episodes in TNG, the Xindi arc in Enterprise, the Borg episodes and many other ones in Voyager, the Dominion war episodes in DS9.

After watching all those shows a couple of times, I have seen several scenes being reused, e.g. some battle scenes in DS9 appear in several episodes in different contexts.

The mirror universe episodes in the different series were also favourites of mine. I also liked that Discovery featured the mirror universe.

5 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Yes, it definitely grows on you. As far as TNG is concerned, I can recommend watching the "honest trailer" on it on youtube, it is quite hilarious and talks about different aspects of the show.
I liked the Klingon and Romulan story arcs and the Borg episodes in TNG, the Xindi arc in Enterprise, the Borg episodes and many other ones in Voyager, the Dominion war episodes in DS9.

After watching all those shows a couple of times, I have seen several scenes being reused, e.g. some battle scenes in DS9 appear in several episodes in different contexts.

The mirror universe episodes in the different series were also favourites of mine. I also liked that Discovery featured the mirror universe.

"Their power grid is being restored...we're f'd"

20 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Fresh off The Boat

wow, that is SO unrelated to Star Trek/Orville i wonder how you confused it

16 hours ago, steelo said:

Agreed. Season 1 and 2 of TNG are TERRIBLE

have to disagree here, only season 1 is terrible (and even then has some good episodes).

Season 2, with the exception of Shades of Grey, is quite solid.

Pulaski still beats Crusher anyday