some type of cheap air purifier?

the air disgusting because of the smog (well, it's not the smog itself the cause, people are the cause)

so I was looking into an air purifier, because I cannot open the window, that all the disgusting air comes in

someone has any suggestions?

what should I get and how much should I spend?

I don't have one myself, but I saw recommendations before.

From Aliexpress you can get one of the Xiaomi air purifiers. They have different options, ranging from about $100-$150. I'm not sure myself what 3C and 3H mean in the titles.

Another and even cheaper option, but a smaller air purifier is Ikea's FÖRNUFTIG which is only $55 and should do the job.

That’s rough man, I can’t really help with purifiers, they aren’t really a thing here. I think dyson makes them, and everything I’ve ever bought from them works great for years and years. Plus they look clean asf. I don’t know if they are an import where you live though so they might be much more expensive than the ones here too.

How pure do you need to get? I've ran furnace filters taped to a box fan to keep dust bunnies at bay, works decently well if you do two filters per box fan with some cardboard triangles.

https://alen.com/products/alen-breathesmart-45i-air-purifier?variant=13965937213507

They're not the absolutely cheapest, but they're quite robust, will do the job, adjust flow based on detected pollutants, and mine came with a lifetime warranty.

If you can't quite afford the cost, that's understandable, but be cautious.  If a company is omitting data and filtration specifications, it is done so on purpose, and odds are it may not filter your air all that well.  Look for a HEPA filter, and be aware of the dangers of an ionizing one - Ozone is very bad to breathe (it's O3, reactive oxygen, it will harm you over time if exposed to it).

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

Here's my honest opinion as someone who's owned an 'expensive', large Honeywell AP for a couple years put in a room smaller than it's recommended for.

They don't seem to work.  I was trying to cut back on dust in my PC room, but the dust still builds up as bad as ever.  

Maybe it does a little something but I can't tell.  

Buy a square fan and attach/tape a filter behind it. It works fairly well, very cost effective. Google search "DIY air purifier".

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

1 hour ago, Triggeravus said:

Here's my honest opinion as someone who's owned an 'expensive', large Honeywell AP for a couple years put in a room smaller than it's recommended for.

They don't seem to work.  I was trying to cut back on dust in my PC room, but the dust still builds up as bad as ever.  

Maybe it does a little something but I can't tell.  

Maybe it's the sticky vape juice residue?

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Maybe it's the sticky vape juice residue?

Could be, honestly.  But I was hoping the purifier would suck the dust out of the air before it had a chance to land.

Oh well.