76K Dogecoin wallet.dat search

LewisPark

Hey guys, I have a big one... My buddy mined dogecoin back when it first came out and accumulated 76k worth. He reformatted his PC and didn't bother backing up his wallet because they were worth $20... And now it's around $30k...

I have tried a few recovery software's with not much luck. I was able to pinpoint the sector of the WALLET.DAT file, but the file isn't showing up to recover.

What recommendations do you guys have? Tried the following software: OSForensics, Recuuva, and EASEUS..

If found I will happily reward the person with ONE of the following (PS5,Xbox series X, RTX 3080, or some Doge 😄

Also, unsure if this was the correct place to post. 

Processor: Intel i7 11700k MemoryCorsair Vengeance 4x4GB 3200MHZ Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Elite Graphics card: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition Storage: x2 120gb SSD, 1tb Samsung Evo, 2TB HDD Case: Corsair 400C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Display's: AOC AG493UCX 49"  Ultra Wide 5120x1440 at 120hz, IPad Mini with Duet Display.

Has the drive been used since the format? That's the biggest nono in recovery. If so, chances are high it's lost to the void.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, LewisPark said:

reformatted

reformatted means all the data is overwritten and only small fragments may be recovered

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Yeah he used it after for around a year or two before getting a new PC.

Processor: Intel i7 11700k MemoryCorsair Vengeance 4x4GB 3200MHZ Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Elite Graphics card: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition Storage: x2 120gb SSD, 1tb Samsung Evo, 2TB HDD Case: Corsair 400C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Display's: AOC AG493UCX 49"  Ultra Wide 5120x1440 at 120hz, IPad Mini with Duet Display.

with that amount on the line, get a professional recovery service

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, LewisPark said:

Yeah he used it after for around a year or two before getting a new PC.

I think even a professional service will have a slim chance, if any, of getting that back. He doesn't by any chance remember the seed phrase to recover the wallet?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

I think even a professional service will have a slim chance, if any, of getting that back. He doesn't by any chance remember the seed phrase to recover the wallet?

I have seen some bitcoin wallet folders and files... Not too familiar with crypto, could it be stored there?? I just asked about the seed phrase, he does not have it 😞 

3 hours ago, LewisPark said:

I have seen some bitcoin wallet folders and files... Not too familiar with crypto, could it be stored there?? I just asked about the seed phrase, he does not have it 😞 

No. Bitcoin is Bitcoin. Unless they were wallets that could hold multiple coins, they're not in there. Without a seed phrase recovering a wallet is impossible unfortunately.