10x Corsair ML 120 PRO White + Corsair Commander Pro?

Novver
Go to solution Solved by Novver,

Finally the Commander Pro arrived, i hooked up all 10 ML 120 fans to it, with Noctua Y splitters. 

2 fans for each header (just to be safe and not overtax each connector), so 5 headers each.

Hooked it up to my current PC, not the new one since i am still waiting for the 6900XT, and it works flawlessly with iCUE. 

It recognizes 5 fans on the headers, so i can control 2-2 fans with each header. 

I just set it up to the highest RPM that i cant hear, which is 1300 RPM, and they do their job without a problem. I can control each 2 fans separately, so job is done. Thanks guys!

So i am in the process of building my new rig and the fans came in, and tried them all out to see if they work. I plugged them on one by one, and i think they defaulted to max rpm on my X470 PRIME PRO. 

Was wondering if i could buy a commander pro, use a few splitters (2 fans for each commander header, just to be well within the 1A limit) and control them all with iCUE.

On the Corsair page https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-pro-led-config/p/CO-9050041-WW#tab-tech-specs it says, iCUE compatibility - NO.

Would the 10 fans - 1 commander with a few splitters work if i want to control them with iCUE, or should i do it some other way?

I would recommend Corsairs cmd pro over MB Fan controll. Not so much cuz of A per header cuz its the same on the MB (1A each) but the cmd pro just works.

A Corsair fan used 0,3A at max speed. That means you can have 3fans per header.

You can but would rrcommend setting up fan curve in BIOS instead,

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

I would recommend Corsairs cmd pro over MB Fan controll. Not so much cuz of A per header cuz its the same on the MB (1A each) but the cmd pro just works.

A Corsair fan used 0,3A at max speed. That means you can have 3fans per header.

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

You can but would rrcommend setting up fan curve in BIOS instead,

2 different opinions. 

I am leaning towards Commander since it would be at my fingertips when i feel it, but not buying an unnecessary thing is always good.

Any pro / contra about the commander and motherboard solution?

44 minutes ago, Novver said:

2 different opinions. 

I am leaning towards Commander since it would be at my fingertips when i feel it, but not buying an unnecessary thing is always good.

Any pro / contra about the commander and motherboard solution?

let me say this: almost all questions about fans speed, fan speed not working, pwm not working, what software to use and such on this forum talks/is about MB fan controll. All of those problems / question / confusions goes away with cmd pro and icue fancontroll. 

31 minutes ago, NorKris said:

let me say this: almost all questions about fans speed, fan speed not working, pwm not working, what software to use and such on this forum talks/is about MB fan controll. All of those problems / question / confusions goes away with cmd pro and icue fancontroll. 

Fair enough, i will try out a Commander, i can always take it back if it does not work. Thanks 🙂

if you dint have corsair argb fans and wanted cheap controller the mb works fine but the mb software is janky as all af. other options like speed fan may or may not work and is vary confusing to setup.

if you got pwn fan witch most people do you need 1 tac and one pwm to the header and the power and ground can come from the psu to get passed the 1 amp if need too. but if you have different fans in the system then thats were it gets more confusing but to most want it quiet at idel and ramp up based off cpu temp.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Commander pro it is. Thanks  😄

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

if you dint have corsair argb fans and wanted cheap controller the mb works fine but the mb software is janky as all af. other options like speed fan may or may not work and is vary confusing to setup.

if you got pwn fan witch most people do you need 1 tac and one pwm to the header and the power and ground can come from the psu to get passed the 1 amp if need too. but if you have different fans in the system then thats were it gets more confusing but to most want it quiet at idel and ramp up based off cpu temp.

Finally the Commander Pro arrived, i hooked up all 10 ML 120 fans to it, with Noctua Y splitters. 

2 fans for each header (just to be safe and not overtax each connector), so 5 headers each.

Hooked it up to my current PC, not the new one since i am still waiting for the 6900XT, and it works flawlessly with iCUE. 

It recognizes 5 fans on the headers, so i can control 2-2 fans with each header. 

I just set it up to the highest RPM that i cant hear, which is 1300 RPM, and they do their job without a problem. I can control each 2 fans separately, so job is done. Thanks guys!