My windows drive is low on storage help pls

_Velociraptor_

My c drive is almost full and I need more space for updates for windows and steam. And, I got rid of all of the unused stuff but that’s not enough I need help bad.

0457B56B-6875-4083-8074-373D09211A1A.jpeg

I assume you've used the Disk Cleanup Utility to clean remnants from previous updated and other temps files?

cleanmgr_2021-04-17_22-37-14.png.48007ad02a972929ce6a76c6f98c1df4.png

What I can recommend is a program called WizTree which anaylizes files on drives (and very fast). Useful for locating junk and large folders/files to delete.

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Try running Disk Cleanup.
It took out 8GB of files after a Windows update.

Ok I’ll try that but is there a way to transfer some of the free space from my d drive to my c drive. Btw they both run off of the same m.2

can also use windirstat to see whats using the most space on the partition and see if it's something that can be removed.

Just now, Lucasgrady12 said:

Ok I’ll try that but is there a way to transfer some of the free space from my d drive to my c drive. Btw they both run off of the same m.2

Why not just merge the partitions then?
There's no performance increase to having multiple partitions on a drive.

elephants

Just now, Lucasgrady12 said:

no you just stop putting things on that partition and use the mostly free d partition to store files or as an instalation directory

1 minute ago, emosun said:

no you just stop putting things on that partition and use the mostly free d partition to store files or as an instalation directory

Everything that isn’t important is deleted on the c drive it’s just windows and the drivers. And all of updates have to go to the same drive as the program 

2 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

Everything that isn’t important is deleted on the c drive it’s just windows and the drivers.

a stock windows install doesn't use 90gb so again I'd suggest actually checking what's using the drive space vs speculation. 

Do a clean install and don't split the drive into weird partitions next time.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Do a clean install and don't split the drive into weird partitions next time.

Oh sorry I’m not the one who set it up I was the one who built it

and I’m pretty sure if I do a clean install all of my data gets deleted 

and I have YT vids waiting to be edited and posted

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

a stock windows install doesn't use 90gb so again I'd suggest actually checking what's using the drive space vs speculation. 

And I have stream labs obs running on it and my editing software on it

Are you going to check the drives file system to see what is using the space or....?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Are you going to check the drives file system to see what is using the space or....?

Yes when I can I will

16 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

Oh sorry I’m not the one who set it up I was the one who built it

and I’m pretty sure if I do a clean install all of my data gets deleted 

and I have YT vids waiting to be edited and posted

Just move your data to USB drives or external drives or the cloud, then clean install and move it back.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Just move your data to USB drives or external drives or the cloud, then clean install and move it back.

Umm I don’t have any USB’s like only one for work documents and YouTube video backups. And I Don’t want to spend money.

and I don’t have a cloud

4 hours ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

Umm I don’t have any USB’s like only one for work documents and YouTube video backups. And I Don’t want to spend money.

and I don’t have a cloud

A usb is nice to have in a house,for situations like this.

You could get a 64 or 128 GB usb for less than 50$

I  got a 64 GB 3.0 usb for 20$.

15 hours ago, Cheburek said:

A usb is nice to have in a house,for situations like this.

You could get a 64 or 128 GB usb for less than 50$

I  got a 64 GB 3.0 usb for 20$.

I have over 200gb worth of stuff I need and I’m not going to spend 100 dollars on 10 usbs