Can you imagine folding on this thing.

Bitcoin mining  B)

I heard that Whaler are planning on building one of these after the 4ps gets done.

Imagine how high the fps on games would be... 

Imagine how high the fps on games would be... 

I don't think it would be able to play games.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Could i imaging it. Well i could..... as some else already had more gpu's in a farm than this guy 4-5 years ago.  B)

And its power was (and think it still is) directed at folding.

32 9800GXT + 23 GTX 295 = 55 cards (110 gpu's) in total.

Now can I imagine paying the power bill is a Whole other question.  :ph34r:  (Atlas-folder farm consumed 13 Kilowatts of power at peak. :blink:)

looks like those visiontek 7970's that were going for $360 a while back.  could pull around 5Ghash.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

32 9800GXT + 23 GTX 295 = 55 cards (110 gpu's) in total.

Mind blown.

Loads of latency if they were all connected in some kind of multi-GPU setup with SLI or CrossfireX.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Loads of latency if they were all connected in some kind of multi-GPU setup with SLI or CrossfireX.

But they're not connected in SLI or CrossfireX.

Anyways currently that rig would be pretty bad because it's AMD so until Core 17 gets its AMD optimizations you probably won't see too great performance unless you have some amount of CPU cores to follow with it and you probably won't make much PPD off of that CPU.

Plus in Folding circles at least - after you have spent money and power one more then say 4 GPU in a rig - just go 4P - you will end up spending the same, use a LOT less power, generate a LOT less heat and produce a LOT more PPD...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

But they're not connected in SLI or CrossfireX.

Anyways currently that rig would be pretty bad because it's AMD so until Core 17 gets its AMD optimizations you probably won't see too great performance unless you have some amount of CPU cores to follow with it and you probably won't make much PPD off of that CPU.

So, I don't see why people would even mention the framerate of games being super duper duper high when that probably wouldn't happen. But still, the highest config is 4 way for both anyways.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Mind blown.

Yep. I was even saying that when I learned about it when it was fairly new. 

Still impressive even today.

Although sadly it does look like he's taken most of the gpu's offline (then again, WU for Pre-Fermi gpu are drying up. So I guess it isn't too much of a surprise).

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=610964

With the farm (back in the day) he got over 500K ppd which was unheard of when this farm was built. (people were not running 4P servers at the time and evga sr-2 were the kings for hybid Bigadv and gpu folding.)

He did hold #1 folder of the world for a few years for the Highest amount of points (and WU's) when he was on his own team.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=366389

I don't think it would be able to play games.

even with that many GPUs? So it can't play minecraft?

Thought about it but I guess it will be impossible to fit multiple of the things in 1 pc (backplane-->pcie adapter) because of the drivers. otherwise you could put 128 gpu's running of 1 pc :O that will be a awesome mining rig (89,6 GHash)

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Being realistic you might not be able to play games on it because its made for compute stuff not 3D graphics it might be fast but the shaders might be crappy.

Being realistic you might not be able to play games on it because its made for compute stuff not 3D graphics it might be fast but the shaders might be crappy.

That's what I was Saying to Gazzer96 

What the tittle says http://goo.gl/Y0BPd

multiple-gpu-password-cracker.jpg?w=580&

Bloody hell, how much power is that thing chewing through?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Bloody hell, how much power is that thing chewing through?

It's has 3 power supplies so I'd say a LOT. 

It's has 3 power supplies so I'd say a LOT. 

Damn, I like power but that is a little too much lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Damn, I like power but that is a little too much lol

Yeah his power bill must be atrocious but what does he care he obviously has the money to buy 25 7970s.

Yeah his power bill must be atrocious but what does he care he obviously has the money to buy 25 7970s.

Damn, I'd be happy with a single GTX 660 right about now lol

Damn, I'd be happy with a single GTX 660 right about now lol

Me too lol.