who thinks earlier 2000-2017 was the golden age of pop music? and now its just "meh" feel free to prove me wrong :) (warning can have oppions)

Justplayedcards
Go to solution Solved by Justplayedcards,

ye 🙂

I feel like just about every genre has its artistic qualities, and appeal in sound, and the rest boils down to taste.  My favorite's metal, but there are plenty of self-identifying metal bands that I don't consider to be so.  I'm sure the same goes for pop, and I'm sure the opinion changes from person to person, but I do think people generally have a sense to tell between an artist that loves their work, and another who's looking to mimic the art to rake in a quick paycheck.

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

Mots pop music is and has always been crap. What survives the test of time is just a handful of songs.  

Also how old are you, I have a suspicion you where born in mid to late 90ies from your post and thus you look at the music from your childhood/youth with rose-colored glasses as every generation has. 

4 hours ago, Piecku said:

Do you mean pop music as a genre or popular music? 

Pop genre/ like That one girl who made bad guy etc. I just dislike ALL those singers who mumble sing 🙂

7 hours ago, Jay427 said:

I feel like just about every genre has its artistic qualities, and appeal in sound, and the rest boils down to taste.  My favorite's metal, but there are plenty of self-identifying metal bands that I don't consider to be so.  I'm sure the same goes for pop, and I'm sure the opinion changes from person to person, but I do think people generally have a sense to tell between an artist that loves their work, and another who's looking to mimic the art to rake in a quick paycheck.

Yeah i agree with you its just not "not my cup of tea" or I'm  just not interested 🙂 but i see where ya coming from!

6 hours ago, Spindel said:

Mots pop music is and has always been crap. What survives the test of time is just a handful of songs.  

Also how old are you, I have a suspicion you where born in mid to late 90ies from your post and thus you look at the music from your childhood/youth with rose-colored glasses as every generation has. 

I was actually born around 2000's and I'm 16 I just grew tired of the music today 😕 maybe I'm just old and lame idk but, I'm not throwing shade to ANY random song writers except I'm simply pointing out the  "mumble singers like that one girl who wrote bad guy and others just copied and pasted" ._Below_  )Continue(.

If you are wondering after I stopped listening to pop music many years ago I started to listen to all types of genre like some rap, classic rock, etc. (back in 2017/now with xxxtentacion to 60-90s and some 2000's hard rock but I listened to it mainly in the car with my friends when their dad or somin but the reason I targeted 2017 was because I evolved my music listening to be more  "broad" instead of just pop 🙂

(But in the very beginning I said people might have different opinion's and they are free to express there belief's and thoughts to me and i have no problem with them "correcting me or simply telling something that I didnt know before")

16 minutes ago, Justplayedcards said:

I was actually born around 2000's and I'm 16 I just grew tired of the music today 😕 maybe I'm just old and lame idk but, I'm not throwing shade to ANY random song writers except I'm simply pointing out the  "mumble singers like that one girl who wrote bad guy and others just copied and pasted" ._Below_  )Continue(.

If you are wondering after I stopped listening to pop music many years ago I started to listen to all types of genre like some rap, classic rock, etc. (back in 2017/now with xxxtentacion to 60-90s and some 2000's hard rock but I listened to it mainly in the car with my friends when their dad or somin but the reason I targeted 2017 was because I evolved my music listening to be more  "broad" instead of just pop 🙂

(But in the very beginning I said people might have different opinion's and they are free to express there belief's and thoughts to me and i have no problem with them "correcting me or simply telling something that I didnt know before")

For the record I have never liked pop outside a few exceptions. Always been and still am a metalhead listening mostly to extreme metal. 

Just listen around to everything from classical to chart music until you find what you like. 

Just now, Spindel said:

For the record I have never liked pop outside a few exceptions. Always been and still am a metalhead listening mostly to extreme metal. 

Just listen around to everything from classical to chart music until you find what you like. 

bet thanks man (or lady)

Theres some good stuff out there. Don't be scared to try new artists you think are rubbish.

80s was golden age, AINEC.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

21 hours ago, Justplayedcards said:

Feel free to prove me wrong

How can people prove you wrong when music taste is 100% personal taste? 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 hours ago, Arika S said:

How can people prove you wrong when music taste is 100% personal taste? 

Perhaps there's a fairly objective standard which be told by the passage of time, but not by any one person.  Music is remembered for a decade, or maybe even a century. 

That which isn't is forgotten within a few years.

These were the popular bands when I went to school, I don't listen to two of the bands, but I'll still say that's a damn good sound:

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

When was the last time you heard this song?

I think that the last time I heard it was maybe 2013. Jeez, that was a while ago. I only thought about it because of that Morshu version.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

WARNING! Opinion ahead!

The "golden age" of pop was actually last century. From the late 50's onwards with bands like the Shadows (who helped to propel Cliff Richard to fame but also had considerable success of their own) and of course the King (Elvis). From the mid-60's teens had their new idols: the Beatles, followed by iconic names like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Genesis and the Mamas and Papas. Let's not forget Queen, Led Zeppelin, Carlos Santana, Cream (with Eric Clapton), Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Simon&Garfunkel and many others who I've forgotten. New decades saw new mega bands, like Dire Straights, U2 and solo artists like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elton John rise to fame. If you want to know who was rolling hot in the mid-80's, look up the artist list of Live Aid (1985). The 90's saw the rise of House/Dance from obscurity into mainstream with bands like Faithless as well as a string of one-hit wonders. Other names include Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses. But the list wouldn't be complete without at least mentioning big names like the BeeGees, Kylie Minogue, Eurythmics, The Carpenters, Roxette, Supertramp, Toto, Alan Parsons, Seal, Simply Red, The Eagles, Lionel Richie, Marillion, Maria Carey, Van Halen, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Jerry Lee Lewis, Mike Oldfield, David Bowie, Take That, Sting, Prince and Vangelis. (<-no particular order, mind!)

The new millennium saw hip-hop and rap come to the mainstream, both I don't really care much about. But also good bands like Coldplay, Girls Aloud, the Corrs and Celtic Woman. Heck, even Britney Spears and Justin Bieber deserve a mention, along with Ed Sheeran and Jean-Michel Jarre.

I have a broad musical taste (which, incidentally, also includes musicals 😛 ) including the likes of Mozart, Beethoven and Smetana, so I'll leave you with a bit of "Culture", Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra:

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

On 4/16/2021 at 4:57 AM, wkdpaul said:

people's teenage and young adult years are always going to be "golden"

have to disagree with you, i'm only 17 yet i consider (of Pop music at least) the 80s to be the best

On 4/16/2021 at 5:16 AM, Fatih19 said:

To be honest with you, I think pop music has always been the way it is and have never changed. It is you that has grown up and has developed a different taste in music.

In essence, it's "popular" music, top of the charts, but the actual composition has changed in the years, choice of instruments too.

I mean now, Rap is pop music, so that's already a change, and if you compare the very first Rap tracks with the latest ones, there's a HUGE difference

You're just getting old. 😉

The new music sounds like noise.

The oldies sound great!

Sounds like my grandpa.

Pop music is an umbrella term.

It just shifts from one form to another in time.

What's pop today, wasn't pop in the 90s imo

I edit my posts more often than not

11 hours ago, willies leg said:

You're just getting old. 😉

The new music sounds like noise.

The oldies sound great!

Sounds like my grandpa.

ye 🙂

11 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Pop music is an umbrella term.

It just shifts from one form to another in time.

What's pop today, wasn't pop in the 90s imo

yeah

🎶Wish we could turn back time

To the good ol' daaays

When our mamas saaang   us to sleep but now we're stressed out🎶

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

On 4/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

2013 was the golden year of pop music and life in general, everything after that was slow downfall to insanity.

90's was decent for every music but pop, imo, even though I wasn't really old enough to experience the 90's, I prefer 90's music alot.

Yeah