who thinks earlier 2000-2017 was the golden age of pop music? and now its just "meh" feel free to prove me wrong :) (warning can have oppions)

Justplayedcards
Go to solution Solved by Justplayedcards,

ye 🙂

Feel free to prove me wrong 🙂

I just don't like this "whisper" singing all these singers do or they just mumble singing with lyrics. for ex. Billy elish etc. Also i don't care if its a "certain style or some bs" its hard to listen to while I'm stuck in a car for a car trip and CANT change the radio station. Also SOME artists can do the  "whisper" singing EXELENTLY! but most of them are just "meh" and fall into this category of meh whisper singers OR annoying meh whisper singers and keep in mind some of these songs get played OVER AND OVER AND OVER again like BAD GUY etc....

And ALL the quiet mumble songs are usually in the same region of pitch or sound FOR THE HOLE song and COMPLETELY unbearable for the hole song.

Also SOME songs now are decent

(Unrelated) But I just feel like the  song industry or pop industry is "over saturated" with "meh" songs or completely unbearable and cringe songs (BAD songs that are massively produced).

(end) I feel like they could be "better" but choose for bad or cheap sounding songs  (because in same range of others) but overall I'm not a "music pro" but I'm saying it could be better!

(WARNING): THIS IS MY OPPIONION AND YOU MIGHT FEEL DIFFERENTLY YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

You're not wrong there, imo pop music is getting worse and not just pop but basically all genre though not all of em are equally bad.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

I feel like that's true of basically every year, and you just remember the good songs from each year.

There's been some music over the last few years that I've really liked - I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME stands out to me as a great example of a band doing something unique.

"feel free to prove me wrong"

Opinions on music can't really be wrong.

Also, people's teenage and young adult years are always going to be "golden", that's nostalgia for you. Personally, I think 90's music was the golden age for pop and many other music genre.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Not going to give my opinion (at least not yet) but just out of curiosity, what made you choose 2017 as the cutoff year? Did some significant event happen in 2017 for pop music or was it an arbitrary choice? 

2013 was the golden year of pop music and life in general, everything after that was slow downfall to insanity.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

"feel free to prove me wrong"

Opinions on music can't really be wrong.

Also, people's teenage and young adult years are always going to be "golden", that's nostalgia for you. Personally, I think 90's music was the golden age for pop and many other music genre.

90's was decent for every music but pop, imo, even though I wasn't really old enough to experience the 90's, I prefer 90's music alot.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Here's an idea. Stop listening to pop music, they're the lowest common denominator. Start listening to stuff not mainstream.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Yeah not all "new" pop songs are bad but some are really bad or "Cringy" or "Repettive" also - (below)  but like i said its just some that are bad and not all 🙂  i just like older songs from 2000-2017 or 2018 (my oppion)

-) I know pop songs have to be repetitive to attract a more broad audience but still does not excuse the more cringy or "average" songs.

4 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

Here's an idea. Stop listening to pop music, they're the lowest common denominator. Start listening to stuff not mainstream.

Let's not go there. People can like what ever music they want.

There are some style of music I don't like, but I wouldn't call it "lowest common denominator" ... if people like it, good for them, the fact that I don't like a style or think it's unappealing doesn't mean it's a universal truth.

I have no idea what the current "taste" of music is, but I will say this.

Every. Single. Song. I hear. Is always. the same weird popping noise that sounds horrible on headphones.

I like classical and video game music, but everyone is allowed their own tastes.

elephants

I usually listen to rock/other types of music just tried to listen to the "new" pop music and was disappointed and wanted to show my frustration on here 🙂 

i just wanted to show my frustration with "pop music genre" 

Maybe I'm just old and don't understand new songs idk but it just sounds like every songs are just "the same or meh" and no hate towards any pop artists or anyone!

Let's not go there. People can like what ever music they want.

There are some style of music I don't like, but I wouldn't call it "lowest common denominator" ... if people like it, good for them, the fact that I don't like a style or think it's unappealing doesn't mean it's a universal truth.

I enjoy plenty of pop music myself but I believe that's true. I'm just suggesting OP to explore other genres.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

I have no idea what the current "taste" of music is, but I will say this.

Every. Single. Song. I hear. Is always. the same weird popping noise that sounds horrible on headphones.

I like classical and video game music, but everyone is allowed their own tastes.

Yes I agree with you! 🙂

1 minute ago, Justplayedcards said:

I usually listen to rock/other types of music just tried to listen to the "new" pop music and was disappointed and wanted to show my frustration on here 🙂 

i just wanted to show my frustration with "pop music genre" 

Maybe I'm just old and don't understand new songs idk but it just sounds like every songs are just "the same or meh" and no hate towards any pop artists or anyone!

That's because they kinda are the same. The same way that AAA games have been kinda same-y this past few years. Profitability is easy, originality is hard.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

9 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

listening to mainstream stuff is fine as long as you are listening to it because you like it, not because it's mainstream.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

10 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Not going to give my opinion (at least not yet) but just out of curiosity, what made you choose 2017 as the cutoff year? Did some significant event happen in 2017 for pop music or was it an arbitrary choice? 

Well I like some 2018/19 pop songs but maybe I just got older or something but going to  2017-20119 for me it just got stale or i just got "uninterested" in the pop song genre as a whole. But I still listen to older pop songs. Maybe its just nostalgia idk 

16 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

I feel like that's true of basically every year, and you just remember the good songs from each year.

There's been some music over the last few years that I've really liked - I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME stands out to me as a great example of a band doing something unique.

Yes i agree with what you say!

16 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

2013 was the golden year of pop music and life in general, everything after that was slow downfall to insanity.

90's was decent for every music but pop, imo, even though I wasn't really old enough to experience the 90's, I prefer 90's music alot.

I agree!

2 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

I enjoy plenty of pop music myself but I believe that's true. I'm just suggesting OP to explore other genres.

Saying "it's crap" isn't the same as saying "I personally don't like it". It's fine if you don't like mainstream pop (I sure don't), just make sure to word it that way to avoid generalizations.

Personally not a fan of mainstream pop, but there are exceptions. What gets me the most is the recent overuse of bass, it's annoying af IMO.

To be honest with you, I think pop music has always been the way it is and have never changed. It is you that has grown up and has developed a different taste in music.

Main Rig :

Laptop :

Saying "it's crap" isn't the same as saying "I personally don't like it". It's fine if you don't like mainstream pop (I sure don't), just make sure to word it that way to avoid generalizations.

Personally not a fan of mainstream pop, but there are exceptions. What gets me the most is the recent overuse of bass, it's annoying af IMO.

Yeah i agree with what yer sayin 🙂

To be honest with you, I think pop music has always been the way it is and have never changed. It is you that has grown up and has developed a different taste in music.

Touché