LTT Apple channel

nothing official yet, he just said they're working on it

They're definitely going to make a lot of noise about it when it's official, so just exercise a bit of patience.

20 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Like when can we see it on YT ?

You can be sure they‘ll make a video on the main LTT channel.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

You can see it when it's live on YT.

Unless you think you can bribe Linus with something good enough to have him give you a sneak peek.

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

They're definitely going to make a lot of noise about it when it's official, so just exercise a bit of patience.

I don't get why LMG would want a piece of the apple pie ? The apple fanboi crowd already hate them because they point out the flaws with apple, so why go after them ?

2 minutes ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

I don't get why LMG would want a piece of the apple pie ? The apple fanboi crowd already hate them because they point out the flaws with apple, so why go after them ?

Apple is a 2 trillion dollar company.

They'd be silly not to make content geared towards that user base.

Content, merch, ad revenue. It has its own writing staff, so I don't think it will have any tone issues.

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

Apple is a 2 trillion dollar company.

They'd be silly not to make content geared towards that user base.

Content, merch, ad revenue. It has its own writing staff, so I don't think it will have any tone issues.

Yeah but majority of the consumers don't use Apple PCs or phones majority of them use normal PCs and Android Phones. So like what benefit do they get by catering to the apple bois with a separate channel rather than doing it as a side thing like Linux on the main LTT channel ?

Just now, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Yeah but majority of the consumers don't use Apple PCs or phones majority of them use normal PCs and Android Phones. So like what benefit do they get by catering to the apple bois with a separate channel rather than doing it as a side thing like Linux on the main LTT channel ?

What does that matter? It does not logically make sense to ignore an entire segment of people because of their percentage (that is problematic thinking on many levels). Those people still exist lol. Not to mention, market share does not show the whole picture. If you looked at the concentration of money and spending habits of those audiences, it is significant.

As far as it being a separate channel, what do you think would happen to the comment section if LTT started adding regular, positive Apple content? It would be a cesspool of toxicity. Not to mention, the culture of Apple is fundamentally different from that of the rest of the market. You're going to have different content, different advertisers, etc.

Just trust that they've done their research and it showed that it was an economically viable move. The channel will either explode or implode. A risk they've assessed and deemed worth it. It's been a rumor for a looooooong time. It isn't something they're doing on a whim.

11 minutes ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

What if they're targeting a new audience. Revolutionary idea.

If they have all Apple stuff in one area it would make it easier for people only interested in Apple, which as mentioned above is actually a huge market. It also kind of gives them a fresh start on the "hating" on Apple.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Apple already hates LTT because of their coverage of Jailbreaks and Hackintoshing. Why would they try to link LTT to an Apple channel? What would be the point of making an Apple channel if you don't have any connection to Apple?

2 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

The iPhone reviews that LTT posts are well received (by means of looking at the like to dislike ratio and comments), and the reception to videos like the Galaxy S10 review and the "10 ways iPhones are better" video show that the opposite is more likely the case...

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

It also kind of gives them a fresh start on the "hating" on Apple.

I still don't quite understand why people think Linus has a hate boner for Apple. I mean, calling Apple Silicon a "slow motion dumpster fire" at first doesn't help, but most of his criticism is fair. His iPhone 11 Pro review was decent and well rounded, and his M1 reviews were also pretty good. But at the end of the day, if his face is ever on that channel, that stigma will still be there...

I'm just mainly confused on what they would post on the channel. There are MAJOR content droughts when looking at Apple stuff because they only do a handful of events each year. You can realistically only spread out an event's worth of content into one month, so what would they do with the other 8/9 months, especially if they want to do a video at least twice or thrice a week to keep the algorithm happy? There's only so many times you can make a "Top 10 Mac Apps" video. Even people like iJustine barely post any Apple content on their channels, and the "strictly Apple" channels don't post content that would probably be appealing to a mass amount of subscribers (talking 1M+).

I just personally don't think it makes much sense and if I were in charge I'd probably just have Apple specific segments and videos on Short Circuit than to create a brand new channel. But there are many reasons why I'm not in charge so, I wish them the best of luck...

1 minute ago, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

I just personally don't think it makes much sense and if I were in charge I'd probably just have Apple specific segments and videos on Short Circuit than to create a brand new channel. But there are many reasons why I'm not in charge so, I wish them the best of luck...

It's LTT I wouldn't be surprised to see 2021 MacBook M1 review, next week 2020 vs 2021 MacBook M1 etc. 

Even with droughts they're new enough they can do just about anything. It would be new videos for them and even updated comparisons for viewers.

At the end of the day this is why Linus is Linus and not you or I. He's got a solid plan and sees something we don't.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

Apple already hates LTT because of their coverage of Jailbreaks and Hackintoshing. Why would they try to link LTT to an Apple channel? What would be the point of making an Apple channel if you don't have any connection to Apple?

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I said lol, but I've already covered my thoughts in this thread and don't feel the need to restate them.

3 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

This is why it will be a different channel. They will have separate spaces for the user bases to keep dislikes and uncivil comments to a minimum.

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I said lol, but I've already covered my thoughts in this thread and don't feel the need to restate them.

If the main LTT channel makes a big show and dance about this new "Mac Address" channel, Apple would probably be less likely to deal with them, seeing as their audiences would probably be the same. The same audience that has a reputation for not liking Apple, and the same channel that routinely does actions that go against Apple (hackintoshing for instance).

That's what I was trying to say, hopefully this clears it up.

Just now, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

If the main LTT channel makes a big show and dance about this new "Mac Address" channel, Apple would probably be less likely to deal with them, seeing as their audiences would probably be the same. The same audience that has a reputation for not liking Apple, and the same channel that routinely does actions that go against Apple (hackintoshing for instance).

That's assuming a lot about the audience. People that love to be toxic are always going to be louder than others.

There is a clear interest in Apple among the audience. LTT Apple videos are consistently in the millions of views.

That's why they bother to keep doing them in the first place. They have plenty of data that made them make this decision.

They don't need to be in Apple's good graces to have a successful channel about Apple.

Either way, if they fail, they fail. Not something I see happening, but I'm sure they've accounted for this.

17 minutes ago, NotTheFirstDaniel said:

But Louis Rossman runs a successful Apple channel with Apple's utmost blessing?

You don't need backing by a brand to make videos about their products. Yes, having that makes it easier to get day 1 reviews, but isn't nessecary by any right.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I think LTT should add maximum RGB to the Mac Pro @LinusTech

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

14 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

They have plenty of data that made them make this decision.

They don't need to be in Apple's good graces to have a successful channel about Apple.

That's fair.

9 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

But Louis Rossman runs a successful Apple channel with Apple's utmost blessing?

I thought Rossmann's recent content has been more towards general Right to Repair instead of just Apple? Either way I wouldn't call him an "Apple" channel the same way Mac Address would be called an Apple channel. He just makes repair videos and comments on Apple's shitty decisions, or praises them when they do something good (usually only in privacy).

On 4/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Like when can we see it on YT ?

I think the perfect time to launch this would be next week with the upcoming Apple Event. An event recap on LTT with an even further dive on Mac Address would be a good segway to get people into the channel. But I don't think there's anything official yet.

It would make sense for it to be ready by or soon after the Apple spring event.

Regarding what content would they do the rest of the year ? IDK maybe comparing the same old apple products to products from other brands and the frequency at which they release the videos is gonna be low (due to the scarcity of content to cover), except during peak Apple season i.e. september-december and their conferences like WWDC from time to time.