Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Do like a google forum where you ask your viewers questions about their setups, opinions, and other cool stuff, then make a video analyzing these responses, would be an awesome video.

One area of PC building I've always struggled with is the BIOS, would love a video that went into the BIOS and what most of the common options actually mean and what effect they have on your performance etc.

I would love to see a video on GPUs and bottle necking with CPUs.  Take a few new and older CPUs with different GPUs and see where you are really hurting your frames and where you are just only shorting yourself a couple of frames.   Plot it out so people can come away with where the money balance is best spent,  should I upgrade my CPU or GPU more. 

Howdy LTT Team, I would love to see a video of how to put together a CHEAP/BUDGET ergonomic desk setup + on the go laptop setup. I am a software engineer and my body is quickly deteriorating from long hours in front of the computer, even though i am using an computer chair/ large monitor/mx master 3 I am starting to get pain in my hands and back. Even when I work with a laptop stand I find my neck hurting from having to lean in to see those itty bitty lines of text. Please help me! Looking forward to seeing the video and getting a shoutout!

Title: 32 gamers 1 PC

Meat and potatoes: there's a program called "Nucleus Co-op" it's free and open source, and 100% community driven, 

Here's the kicker, it lets you play over 500 titles splitscreen locally on your computer, everything from Left 4 dead 2, to Halo MCC (with infinite support in the works!)

Some games (like star wars battlefront 2 (2005)) allegedly support up to 32 people playing at once

I don't know if that's logistically possible... But if anyone can do it... It's the LTT team

I've personally done 8 player l4d2 versus all local co-op (seen below)

The project is really small for how impressive it is, and it really needs a spotlight from big creators to help with getting more games working.

Even if it's not turned into a video, I hope people that look at this thread see it and check it out for themselves

(This isn't self promo, I promise, I just really love this software)

IMG_20200909_235250-3.jpg

Hi @LinusTech! I've seen a number of videos about the Nvidia Shield, and specifically a number of references to the Shield Portable. It's a device I also absolutely loved, and I was pretty broken up when the plans for the Portable 2 were cancelled. However, several working prototypes of the Nvidia Shield Portable 2 were actually released into the wild. I managed to track down and purchase several of them, but haven't really used them at all (especially since getting a Steam Deck). I'd be happy to send them in if you guys were interested in making a video about them. They're a really cool and unique piece of tech history imo, and I'd hate for them to just gather dust in my closet. Here's an album of one of my prototypes. Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested or have any questions! 

Perhaps a video all about trying to find the logical flaws with OpenAI's recent chatbot offerings?  I've seen it used (and used it myself) for a few niche purposes to a somewhat great effect, but it's always fun to test the bounds of things to see where loopholes, bugs, and other things can be found.  I really liked the bit on the WAN show a few weeks ago, but it would be great to see that expanded upon and may make for some highly entertaining content as well :) 

How to be a good tech boss

Linus, Luke, edzel & other managers can talk about "this is some stuff we do as technical and non technical people when managing technical people"

A short 101 level how to manage technical people. 

Also some things you tried and were bad

Also some things you would never ever try because you know they're bad decisions to attempt

Maybe a part 2 can be done where employee can talk about "this is what we do to be managed by technical and non technical bosses" 

The employees can talk how to better work under technical and non technical bosses

I believe some employees are non technical so maybe a section on how to manage non technical people as a technical person would be cool.

I like learning about the business stuff and perspective in lmg clips when Linus and Luke talk about the subjects. 

Cuz they both don't like the subjects, they're usually really good at it

I have been a viewer for a long time and never let a video get by me.  Tho I have not seen any on the subject of Kids and computers.  Not gaming. but monitoring and safely using computers. Knowing Linus has kids as well I would thing I would have seen a video on such topic.  If there is PLEASE link it to me.  I have a daughter just now getting interested in computer and gaming.  I however want to keep her safe and teach her correct ways to use the tech.  I don't want to hold her back on exploring and being creative.  But, there are those sickos out there and others with ill intentions.   I have looked into different ways to set up a pc for her but its all to much.  Microsoft want you setup a entire family for the most part with email addresses and the works. frankly its over the top and I am not seeing the "safe" things in using it.  I have a hard time going to a paid software 

due to most of them look to be full of advertising and more than likely share usage state and sell what ever info they can gather about you and your kids.  I would love to see a video with maybe Anthony and Linus laying it all out A to Z on how to be safe with computers, tablets, phones, etc.   Its Christmas tons of kids around the world are getting new tech it would be a good move for some positive viewership and gain some more subs!

Awaiting for the next video!

ME

Somehow I just discovered your YouTube channel, and I LOVED the destruction of the ridiculous concept of "audiophile" switches, especially if the product is just a D-Link switch with lots of hot glue squirted all over it!

I'm a consulting network engineer in Denver, CO, and there's something that has been bothering me for years and years.

Most manufacturers that make wireless routers and APs make at least some models with external, adjustable antennas, but it's virtually impossible to find any good info about how and why to adjust, or point those antennas. You would think that the manufacturers would at least mention the topic, and give some very basic guidance, but nope - there's basically none to be found! I can kind of understand, it's probably a highly subjective process, depending on the location of the AP or router and the construction and location of walls in the building. But come on - there must be at least some general rules we can all follow to try to optimize the wifi performance of the hardware!!

Please, please make a video about this!

Thanks!

#1:

Getting Random Tech on Ebay, AliExpress, Wish, and Other Tech from weird websites, and build a PC. 
#2:
Rate The Motorola Moto Z2 Force, A Modular Phone.

#3:

Use random mixes of items to use as Thermal Paste, then mix them all and try it.

#4:

Put a homemade "virus"(Actually a troll) on your tech team computers and see them RAGE.

A Homemade Virus: A virus made by the user himself and placed on his coworkers or friends' computers to prank them

Hi, Video suggestion,

"Best portable secondary Laptop Monitor",

which is powered via USB-C and has the size of a 13 to 17 inch Laptop Screen.

for example the "LG gram +view".

Thanks.

LG gramview.jpg

Please do a TechQuickie about the 'undo send' email feature that's becoming more and more ubiquitous.

Thing is, 'undo send' is not something that's technically possible the way most people imagine it. (Okay, some mail systems delay a message for a few seconds to wait if you want to click undo. That'll really undo it.)

But for the most part, undoing or recalling mails means sending out a second message asking the receiving system to get rid of the first message. It's up to the receiving server to actually do so - or not do so.

How about a build that uses car parts - cars have very similar water cooling but 10x the scale - car electronics are also 12volt - technically a car stereo and speakers can all be wired off the PC power supply directly. Car gauges possibly wired in (temperature, voltage, CPU Hertz -> Rev counter, etc). Possibly build a PC directly into a car "front cut" (which is where they cut the front off a car and sell it - they do this to save time/money for car panel-beating repairs) the "front cut" would have bumper/lights and radiator/cooling which could be used directly in the build.

I honestly just wanted to say that watching your videos has gotten me through the most difficult time of my life. Seeing how awesome of a team you guys are has given me hope in humanity. I love seeing the nerds win 🖖😁

Hi there.

I've been wanting to upgrade my Sony KDL-40EV400 1080p TV from 2010 to something larger and more modern, especially with HDR.

However, my wife voiced a concern. She has Graves' disease, and as a result, her eyes are puffy and quite sensitive to light. She wears sunglasses outside even on cloudy days.

I turned up the backlight to the max on my existing TV, which had a peak brightness of about 300 nits when new, and she said it hurt her eyes. So, I guess that's a veto on a TV with a peak brightness of 1000 nits. She said no one should be watching a TV where the whites are that bright, even if they don't have eye problems like she does.

I've seen Linus and Jake react to bright lights and fire HDR images with pain...I remember Linus saying "ow" when he saw a bright light.

So, here's a video title.

"Can HDR damage your eyes?"

I'd like to hear from an optometrist or ophthalmologist if possible.

5 minutes ago, mediagiant said:

Hi there.

I've been wanting to upgrade my Sony KDL-40EV400 1080p TV from 2010 to something larger and more modern, especially with HDR.

However, my wife voiced a concern. She has Graves' disease, and as a result, her eyes are puffy and quite sensitive to light. She wears sunglasses outside even on cloudy days.

I turned up the backlight to the max on my existing TV, which had a peak brightness of about 300 nits when new, and she said it hurt her eyes. So, I guess that's a veto on a TV with a peak brightness of 1000 nits. She said no one should be watching a TV where the whites are that bright, even if they don't have eye problems like she does.

I've seen Linus and Jake react to bright lights and fire HDR images with pain...I remember Linus saying "ow" when he saw a bright light.

So, here's a video title.

Related to this, another video title could be "How to mimic HDR with an older TV."

7 minutes ago, mediagiant said:

That was obviously comedy effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(luminance)

A 1000 nit TV is about like a grey day outside, and several orders of magnitude below damaging levels. 

So, I guess that's a veto on a TV with a peak brightness of 1000 nits.

You can always dial it down when she's watching.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

PLEASE PLEASE do a video on Nvidia removing Gamestream functionality from the Nvidia Shield. I believe this decision basically amounts to false advertisement and fraud and Nvidia deserves to be taken to task for this by someone with influence. 

They have told all of us who purchased this product to basically 'sod off', and they have taken barely any flak for removing a marquee feature that consumers paid a lot for from their product in what appears to be a cynical attempt to force people to move over to "GeForce NOW', instead of GameStream. Nobody is making a stink about this and it's disgusting business practice. 

Please help us Linus, you're our only hope.

7 hours ago, CrabCrabCrab said:

PLEASE PLEASE do a video on Nvidia removing Gamestream functionality from the Nvidia Shield. I believe this decision basically amounts to false advertisement and fraud and Nvidia deserves to be taken to task for this by someone with influence. 

They have told all of us who purchased this product to basically 'sod off', and they have taken barely any flak for removing a marquee feature that consumers paid a lot for from their product in what appears to be a cynical attempt to force people to move over to "GeForce NOW', instead of GameStream. Nobody is making a stink about this and it's disgusting business practice. 

Please help us Linus, you're our only hope.

This was covered on Techlinked. However Why not a testing video? I've heard people have said that GameStream is better than Steam Link for usage/latency/whatever. It would be nice to have hard data to look at.

Maybe have more lady's at Linus Media Group host video's!
A lady's vieuw on tech and how they would interact with it would be nice to have.
Always like it when Sarah or Yvonne are in front af the camera.

Hi guys, you where talking on the WAN show about how lots of companies just scrap online games with Little regard for the community that it has created. You suggested that opening the source code could allow it to be community lead. 

I would be really interested if you could do a video based on this premis and use old consumer hardware or serverwear to run these communities and games.

There is so much ewaste and so many communities dying. Surley they can both utilise each other and keep not only a historical archive of these games . But use historical hardware to host them.

The matrix online ( I never did get to play that ).

Just an idea . You guys still rock. 

Being a previous Falcon Northwest owner, I know how good their systems are. After watching this video by JayzTwoCents, I had a video idea for you guys: A build off. Given the same core components (CPU, GPU, Motherboard, etc), and case size, who can build a more performant but cooler machine? Things that would vary is case layout, BIOS tuning, etc.

The machines would be scored based on different tests (like Cinebench) over the temps measured during the tests.

Anyways, I would love to watch that video!