GPU Fans vibration when only using 2/3 screws?

ItamarMM

Is it normal that my gpu fans, which are only using 2 out of 3 possible screws generate vibration? Is my pc safe?

T129215SU - Gigabyte (GTX 1060 Windforce OC 3GB)

Iirc that thing is a dual slot GPU, and thus only have 2 screws thatll screw into the GPU anyway. But besides the overtime motherboard wear to the slot from the weight, unless you drop the PC, it should be fine.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Iirc that thing is a dual slot GPU, and thus only have 2 screws thatll screw into the GPU anyway. But besides the overtime motherboard wear to the slot from the weight, unless you drop the PC, it should be fine.

What has to do the motherboard wear with the screws of the fan into the gpu? I don't understand you. I'm talking about each fan having 2 screws attached to the gpu chasis itself.

Well it was designed with 3 screws to have enough tension to for the heatsink.

if you only use 2 screws then one side hanging.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Well it was designed with 3 screws to have enough tension to for the heatsink.

if you only use 2 screws then one side hanging.

So as far as I just add another screw tension will go away, right?

+ What is the model of these screws? How can i know which model are used for any gpu fan in specific? I couldn't find it online.

What screws are you talking about really, is it only the fan screws or the whole heatsink screws?

Heatsink screws usually 4, not 3.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

15 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

What screws are you talking about really, is it only the fan screws or the whole heatsink screws?

Heatsink screws usually 4, not 3.

I mean, gpu fan screws.

I don't mean the heatsink screws.

zvousl4q.jpg

i see, well it shouldn't be any problems, yes it will create vibration, but nothing dangerous.

ideally you want to screw that in, or can also place a small foam underneath to absorb any vibration.

A double taped foam will do.

8 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

i see, well it shouldn't be any problems, yes it will create vibration, but nothing dangerous.

ideally you want to screw that in, or can also place a small foam underneath to absorb any vibration.

A double taped foam will do.

I finally went to a computer store asking for these type of screws and I could manage to find two that would fit almost just fine, now I don't have any vibrations and my gpu temps has gone down like 10-15 Cº.