The first Titanfall DLC will cost...only $10

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/titanfall-dlc-priced-though-new-modes-will-be-free?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Respawn's Vince Zampella has announced that Titanfall's first DLC pack will cost $10, though he didn't confirm when it would arrive.

Taking to Twitter, Zampella reiterated what we'd heard previously: that new modes will be added free of charge, and that private matches should be arriving very soon.

7KGia.png

Let's just assume that this is the standard fare DLC, aka a few maps, maybe a weapon or 2, etc. Ya know, something like that. Honestly, $10 really isn't that bad, especially after realizing that this is an EA published game. 

Oh, and private matches will be here soon

COMIC SANS

probably a gun and a skin, they have a lot of maps already and for that price and EA, MAYBE a Titan but i doubt that :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

That is disgusting. A game with no real campaign and charging $10 for maps that should have been included with the original game. Stop justifying companies turning games into things that eventually cost over $100.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/titanfall-dlc-priced-though-new-modes-will-be-free?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

7KGia.png

Let's just assume that this is the standard fare DLC, aka a few maps, maybe a weapon or 2, etc. Ya know, something like that. Honestly, $10 really isn't that bad, especially after realizing that this is an EA published game. 

Oh, and private matches will be here soon

The game was released 15 days ago, as of this post, and they're already releasing paid DLC. This bumps up an already overpriced game to $70. Yeah, you're right. It isn't that bad...

The game was released 15 days ago, as of this post, and they're already releasing paid DLC. This bumps up an already overpriced game to $70. Yeah, you're right. It isn't that bad...

Well, they never even said a date yet. Who knows, it could come out months from now. Either way, it's not as bad as it could be. 

COMIC SANS

That is disgusting. A game with no real campaign and charging $10 for maps that should have been included with the original game. Stop justifying companies turning games into things that eventually cost over $100.

if you think this is a ripoff, look at other dlc made by big publishers also we don't know what are they going to put in the dlc

read the whole post, nothing have been detailed expect for price which is decide pretty much as as the content is starting to being made

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They don't even have a release date, it could 2 months from now. And $10 for a few maps is very cheap compared to other DLCs. And really, a game having no campaign lessens the value of multi-player DLC?

If you go to their season pass it says - 

Drop Pod 1: Coming Fall ($10.99)

Drop Pod 2: Coming Winter ($10.99) 

Drop Pod 3: Coming Spring ($10.99)

The first set of DLC is a while away. So no, it's not content that should have been included with the original game.

It is you people thinking this way Ineko that is making gaming more expensive. Congrats on your $100 games! I won't pay it.

preordered the digital deluxe, came with the season pass. enjoying every minute with the game and happy they will continue to make even more content past ship date

It is you people thinking this way Ineko that is making gaming more expensive. Congrats on your $100 games! I won't pay it.

Okay, they've put about 3-4 years dev time into this game, released it, and then you (or whoever) bought it for $50. That's it, their work is done. But they continue to create content even after release and charge a small free, what's wrong with that? Developing these games costs a lot and there still need to be a fair amount of profit made at the end.

Oh and by the way, might want to brush up on your maths skills.

Titanfall core game = $50

Each DLC = $10

So that's $80 for Titanfall and all of the DLC.

Gaming isn't expensive, we play on PC, the land of GAME SALES! I Guarantee Titanfall will have at least one 50% off sale within the next few months before the first DLC drops.

Okay, they've put about 3-4 years dev time into this game, released it, and then you (or whoever) bought it for $50. That's it, their work is done. But they continue to create content even after release and charge a small free, what's wrong with that? Developing these games costs a lot and there still need to be a fair amount of profit made at the end.

Oh and by the way, might want to brush up on your maths skills.

Titanfall core game = $50

Each DLC = $10

So that's $80 for Titanfall and all of the DLC.

Gaming isn't expensive, we play on PC, the land of GAME SALES! I Guarantee Titanfall will have at least one 50% off sale within the next few months before the first DLC drops.

Gaming isn't expensive if you pay what I pay and I wait for a very long time to play stuff most of the time. Way longer than 50% off Titanfall. LOL

If it was a shit game like CoD Ghosts or an average one like BF4 I would be annoyed at DLC, but this game is quite a lot more well-done than that.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

$10 is a lot. BFBC 2 had free DLC which was good. A bunch of maps and new vehicles and guns for free. The only thing you had to pay for was Vietnam which was an entire expansion to the game. I like that model more then this.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

To anyone complaining about prices: Look. For. Sales. Look for lower prices. I got Titanfall for $45 before it even released. I plan on getting the season pass for hopefully $15 but no more than $20. That's the full game plus all of the announced DLC for about the price of AAA game at launch. Worth every damn penny in my opinion.

It also helps if the game is goooooood :3

I got Titanfall for $45 before it even released.

Same, no one in my guild paid more than $45 for it, and most actually got it for around $32.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

New game modes will be added for free to all users, DLC or not you'll get some new content.

I suspect it will be new titans, maps, guns, perks.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Why are people paying full prices? Look for great deals. I bought Titanfall for $33 dollars, and plan on picking up the season pass for $15 at some point in the future.

I plan on buying Watch Dogs for similair price. It's currently at $37 dollars.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I can't blame people for being wary - too often the DLC we get is bad value for the amount of content. Still, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept of DLC (except for Day 1 DLC). Content updates to games are great, but it's unfair to expect developers to deliver them for free.

Anyway $10 doesn't seem like a bad price, let's just hope it's not a handful of trivial skins.