As if millions of gamers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Welp they finally did it, they killed any chance for gamer to get any kind of GPUs anytime soon. Welcome to the straight out of China dual Xeon LGA 2011 mining motherboard. With this board and the "accidentally leaked" driver from Nvidia that unlock the 3060 mining potential as long as it is plugged into a PCIe 3.0 8x slot and have a dummy HDMI plug plugged in, this spells the end for the 3060 and even RX series with 4GB of vram (the RX 4GB card can mine at full speed when connected to a PCIe 3.0 8x interface)

The motherboard in question:

165277376_3941871502500846_5321196138751851473_n.jpg.a2ad7b0ad68468948744c1748aedc2b2.jpg

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. Those are dual LGA 2011 socket motherboard with 8(!) PCIe gen 3 by 8 slots specifically for mining purposes. Well at least after the mining boom is over this board will be a very very good GPU AI trainer since it will be running xeons with full bandwidth to the GPUs. I just got this tip off from my supplier in Vietnam, will update as I get more information on it.

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

Can't wait until mining becomes irrelevant again (for a time).

MAIN SYSTEM: Intel i9 10850K | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4-3600C16 | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI | Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSDs | EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Razer Cynosa V2 | Corsair Scimitar Elite | Gigabyte G27Q

Other Devices: iPhone 12 128GB | Nintendo Switch | Surface Pro 7+ (work device)

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

mining motherboards have existed for a while, this is nothing new

Yes, but they usually utilize chipset PCIe lane at 1x speed, which doesn't meet the requirement for mining on 4GB RX card at this time and RTX 3060. Both need PCIe 8x to run at full speed. Also with this much PCIe bandwidth, the board will have more useful life as low cost server motherboard if you want all the PCIe connection you will ever need. This board is newly made to deal with the needs of the market right now.

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

My personal theory: GME will trigger a market collapse. When this happens, crypto will pop at the same time. I suspect it will be a repeat of the 1920s.

nah , they'll just reach the end of profitability sooner

21 minutes ago, WereCat said:

This changes nothing. Miners are already using PCIe risers and connecting 8+ cards into single motherboard. 

This changes everything. Before all the PCIe traffic goes through the chipset and thus very very slow. This is much much faster and is more suitable even for general compute and multi GPU setup for rendering.

In volatile markets after a big spike eventually there will be an equally big crash - That's economics for you.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 hours ago, Vishera said:

In volatile markets after a big spike eventually there will be an equally big crash - That's economics for you.

Yeah that’s a given. Looking to score some cheap 3060s when all of this went down and buckle up for the long haul with them.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, DriftMan said:

Aren't miners supposed to use low powered CPUs because they are most cost-effective? Any source on this being for mining and not rendering and such?

Anyway, nothing new, just because someone creates X doesn't mean the whole world is going to be doomed, people can still use few mining rigs instead of just one big mining rig, this changes nothing

Low powered cpu doesn’t have the PCIe lanes for rx card zombie mode or the 3060 in windows for mining eth. Also with the amount of pcie connectivity you see here, after the mining boom these board will have more life out of them