Corsair RMx (2021)

ForwardVoltage
31 minutes ago, pincup said:

I think I should add that voltage tends to drop to 11.904 even when idle and shortly after goes up to 12~. It does not happen that often.

There was UPS+ 1x cable extension, now there is only 1 cable extension. Will check without.

From what I understand 5% tolerance is the maximum you should see but, you probably are aware, that typical software measurements is prone to the errors of the sensor on the motherboard and limitations of the software used, as well as its own errors.

IIRC my Corsair RMx 1000w 2021 had something very similar, if not exact, as yours showed on the 12v rail. My Season Ultras Prime 750w shows 12.168 and is very rock steady. But both PSU's are fine. Again mine are being measured by software and relying on that and the sensors on my Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard.

BTW I used 16AWG extension cables and that made no difference to what I saw.

1 hour ago, VimesUK said:

IIRC my Corsair RMx 1000w 2021 had something very similar, if not exact, as yours showed on the 12v rail. My Season Ultras Prime 750w shows 12.168 and is very rock steady. But both PSU's are fine. Again mine are being measured by software and relying on that and the sensors on my Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard.

BTW I used 16AWG extension cables and that made no difference to what I saw.

had? 😆

What I dislike about Seasonic is fan/motor weird noises and hybryd mode is kinda undercooked.. when fan was faced up everything was fine but when faced down... nope, I could hear some buzzing, rattle sound, etc. having fan active at all times is not a solution for me

7 minutes ago, pincup said:

had? 😆

What I dislike about Seasonic is fan/motor weird noises and hybryd mode is kinda undercooked.. when fan was faced up everything was fine but when faced down... nope, I could hear some buzzing, rattle sound, etc. I refuse to have fan active at all times

I must be fortunate as my Seasonic is very good, can't hear a thing from it. Also those rails you noted, if it matters, with the Seasonic Ultra Prime it is rock stable all of the time. Just a good, but it was expensive, PSU.

had - yup. Only used it in my main PC to test that it was fine after buying it. It is to go for a future build and bought at a very good price, but wanted to test that it worked as expected before putting it away for a while. Probably still the same, in terms of micro fluctuations noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the rm850x 2021 version and was thinking about upgrading to the same power supply but the 1000 watt version. Do all of the cables swap over from the 850 to 1000 or would I have to completely recable managing my entire system and put the 1000watt cables in?

8 minutes ago, KLUTch__G4M3R said:

I bought the rm850x 2021 version and was thinking about upgrading to the same power supply but the 1000 watt version. Do all of the cables swap over from the 850 to 1000 or would I have to completely recable managing my entire system and put the 1000watt cables in?

Or is there better alternatives for a 1000 wat gold psu out there for the 200 dollar range?

3 hours ago, KLUTch__G4M3R said:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

http://jongerow.com/Corsair_pinouts/Corsair_pinout_Type_4.htm

2 hours ago, KLUTch__G4M3R said:

Or is there better alternatives for a 1000 wat gold psu out there for the 200 dollar range?

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

@KLUTch__G4M3RYes, cables are compatible in this case. There may be alternatives but we don't know what's available to you.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

12 hours ago, Juular said:

@KLUTch__G4M3RYes, cables are compatible in this case. There may be alternatives but we don't know what's available to you.

Awesome thank you a lot guys. And I live in Colorado and have a microcenter within an hour from me so pretty much I can get anything within reason.

3 hours ago, KLUTch__G4M3R said:

Awesome thank you a lot guys. And I live in Colorado and have a microcenter within an hour from me so pretty much I can get anything within reason.

Well, RM1000x seems like a decent option. There are also Seasonic Focus rebrands like Phanteks Revolt Pro and Antec HCG Extreme but honestly when you're buying a >150$ 1kW PSU Seasonic Focus is not an option. There's also Corsair HX Platinum for 15$ more than RMx, totally worth it IMO (Type 4 cables too, i.e compatible with RMx).

But why do you want to get a 1kW unit in the first place ? What's your build ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Hello, does anyone know why the entire RMx 2021 lineup has disappeared from Amazon (USA)? It's been like this for an entire week, and I'm a little annoyed (and curious) because I've been wanting to buy the new RM850x. I try to avoid Newegg when possible, and I prefer Amazon for easier returns. Could @jonnyGURU shed any light on this? If not, I'll just buy the 2018 model I guess.

6 hours ago, DrSapp said:

Could @jonnyGURU shed any light on this?

No.  I don't work for Amazon.

17 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  I don't work for Amazon.

Okay, thanks. I'll assume that means there's nothing to worry about then. I'm not used to seeing an entire product page 404 from Amazon the same day I decide to buy one LOL. It never hurts to ask.

19 hours ago, Juular said:

Well, RM1000x seems like a decent option. There are also Seasonic Focus rebrands like Phanteks Revolt Pro and Antec HCG Extreme but honestly when you're buying a >150$ 1kW PSU Seasonic Focus is not an option. There's also Corsair HX Platinum for 15$ more than RMx, totally worth it IMO (Type 4 cables too, i.e compatible with RMx).

But why do you want to get a 1kW unit in the first place ? What's your build ?

I currently have a 5800x and a 3060 but upgrading to a 3080 or possibly a 4000 series gpu whenever those come out and I'm running a 360mm aio and everything's overclocked. Just like having a bit of headroom incase if I upgrade in the future and they use more power I don't have to buy another psu

so rm750x 2018 edition is a little bit better and quieter then 2021 ?

27 minutes ago, ficicaaa said:

so rm750x 2018 edition is a little bit quieter then 2021 ?

Absolutely.

Little.png.a8f7be57eeac419ca0e28da5316ee605.png

so 2018 edition, looks like even better buy...

hello?

2018 RM850x is completely quit under 300w loads right? As in the fan doesn't turn?

I love very quit pc when i don't have headphones on. To show how important sound is to me, i will spend big $molla$ on noctua nf-a12x25 chromax fans.

I know 150$ for fans seems crazy, but hey..

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, positivetourettes said:

OK ive read entire thread and i was watching/hearing how ML corsair fans performs - so loud fan bearings, i will stay away from Corsair, thx for lecture

What??!??

Nobody said anything about loud fan bearings.  LOL!

5 hours ago, positivetourettes said:

someone told me to listen this and there is 1 more yt i saw and hear with this magnetic fans:( 

That's not the same fan as what's used in the RMx.  The only thing that's the same is the bearing, and it's not the bearing making the noise.

3 hours ago, positivetourettes said:

dude specifcly says is the bearing;) and i saw hear another yt clip someone posted with bearing sound on rMX under load, is the same sound;) u says is not b earing so what? buterflys ?:) and whan i was reading this thread there r many oosite sides here, someone have loud RMX2018 rest just talking almost onone has phicly psu, how we can believe in anything when all i read is theoretics 😞 i just wanna freaking psu without coil whine and just silent to not hear anything from it, no more no less

It's not the bearing.  It's the driver IC.  And the RMx uses a different driver IC than the retail ML fans.

A bearing that makes no physical contact with its surroundings cannot make noise.  It's illogical.

I can't help it if the guys that make these videos don't understand the technology.

And please provide a link to the RMx with bearing sounds because I haven't seen it.

• 6 months later...

sss.jpg.e7d6a073e3071691e62e28d5acf1b392.jpg

I buy this PSU Corsair Rmx 850w version 2021, i have low voltages in idle and load.

I  think is the cable very bad quality..

In load work 3.24/3.22 , 11.95 and 11.88 and 4.950/4.920.

I tried putting the cable in and out several times but I couldn't improve the connection, other than getting the 3.3 rail .. 
to idle without doing anything a 3,285 and a fluctuating 12,096. but in general it remains at 3.26 and 12,024. What do you 
think the source or the cable came wrong or is it normal?

1 hour ago, stalk27 said:

sss.jpg.e7d6a073e3071691e62e28d5acf1b392.jpg

I buy this PSU Corsair Rmx 850w version 2021, i have low voltages in idle and load.

I  think is the cable very bad quality..

In load work 3.24/3.22 , 11.95 and 11.88 and 4.950/4.920.

I tried putting the cable in and out several times but I couldn't improve the connection, other than getting the 3.3 rail .. 
to idle without doing anything a 3,285 and a fluctuating 12,096. but in general it remains at 3.26 and 12,024. What do you 
think the source or the cable came wrong or is it normal?

Ignore the voltage readings from the motherboard sensors, they are inaccurate and imprecise. The voltage will vary depending on the load and is not just going to be exactly at 3.3V/5V/12V. It's normal behaviour 

:)

On 5/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, Guest said:

ONE LAST TIME:

1. The fan blade design of the Sunon fan is not as efficient as the Hong Hua fan blades.

2. The triangles create a restriction that requires more air flow to push the heat out of the PSU.

If you reduce the fan RPM, the components in the PSU will get too hot.

Only the 850W is getting a corrected fan curve because there's enough thermal margin there.

Is there a way to distinguish the RM850x (2021) with the revised fan curve from the pre-revision model (still 2021)? For example by the serial number

1 hour ago, kindMark said:

Is there a way to distinguish the revised RM850x from the pre-revision model? For example by the serial number

triangles on top intake, vs wire mesh

On 11/19/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dogzilla07 said:

triangles on top intake, vs wire mesh

I edited the post to make it more clear. JonnyGURU said that the RM850x (2021) is getting a more relaxated fan curve with respect to older units of the same model (so still RM850x (2021)), so I wonder if there is a way to distinguish the units with the revised fan-curve from the units with the old (and noisier) fan-curve.