Corsair RMx (2021)

ForwardVoltage

A 1:1 comparison with the older model would be cool.

Especially in a video, across multiple loads.

If you're going to push a power supply to 60-70% of its load regularly, then it's reasonable to expect an audible fan the higher you go.  If the 80-100% load results in a loud fan and that skews the average, it doesn't mean most people will actually get to that loud fan stage.  Unless they are trying to run high end power-hungry components on a 550W power supply.  This is one of the major reasons why people buy overbudgeted power supplies, to stay at 50% or less rated power consumption and either have passive fan for that duration or very quiet fan.

Well, you have a PSU for quite a long time and you can never know what power hungry beasts AMD, NVIDIA or Intel will unleash. Not alot of people expected 300+ watt GPUs this Generation and with chiplet Design GPUs this can increase even more.

Maybe this gen a 750w PSU might run at 50-70% load but next gen it could be 80-100%.

Hopefully it will go the other way and GPUs will get alot more power efficient and are clocked more at their sweet spot while getting a good performance increase. But i would bet, that they would need even more power due to the chiplet design.

ps. 550/650 RMx at least, aren't the issue imo since they have reasonable fan curves even at high loads.

No takers?  All you guys are out of the U.S.?

I think many would but 1. not comfortable with the free offer, and 2. It’s not easy to do a review.  Now that the 2021 model has been sold from Corsair website for a while, some general user reviews should start popping up soon.

8 minutes ago, Quartz11 said:

I think many would but 1. not comfortable with the free offer, and 2. It’s not easy to do a review.  Now that the 2021 model has been sold from Corsair website for a while, some general user reviews should start popping up soon.

Still offering.  LOL...

17 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

No takers?  All you guys are out of the U.S.?

Do you accept outside of the US if I pay for shipping?

29 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Do you accept outside of the US if I pay for shipping?

I don't feel right taking payment.

But if you have an address of a freight forwarder in the U.S. that you would pay to get it to you that I can ship it to, then I would do that.

I sent a unit to Luke.

As for any new reviews or updates... I haven't seen any.  😞

I just pinged Aris to see how his RM850x sample is doing.  Haven't heard from him in a while.

7 hours ago, RAZ0RLIGHT said:

Still A- noise rating 🤧

Good enough. 

It's a whole 5 dBA lower than before and still doesn't overheat.  

Moving on.  😄

13 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Good enough. 

It's a whole 5 dBA lower than before and still doesn't overheat.  

Moving on.  😄

is there a way to tell if I bought "improved" version? or should I just wait 1 month and hope that I will get what I want :P ?

52 minutes ago, pincup said:

is there a way to tell if I bought "improved" version? or should I just wait 1 month and hope that I will get what I want 😛 ?

I assume they're improved over pre-production sample Aris was initially reviewing, retail units are already 'improved'.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, pincup said:

is there a way to tell if I bought "improved" version? or should I just wait 1 month and hope that I will get what I want :P ?

the only unit that's quieter is the 850w, the other wattages have not been modified.
(no huge deal anyway, especially if the PSU is getting ample fresh air and you're not using a ton of ARGB)

On 5/19/2021 at 9:40 AM, IIIIIIIIII said:

It seems that the Cybenetics report for the 850w was updated two days ago(5/17).

#

Yeah, somehow that cybenetics report isn't available anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 8:06 PM, jonnyGURU said:

That's got to be a typo.  LOL!

EDIT:  Oh, sorry... The 1000W!  That's because there was no RM1000x (2018).  Only the 650, 750 and 850W were refreshed in 2018.  The RM1000x used the old platform that Corsair engineered that cost too much to build.  😄

Which is better the RM1000x from 2015 or the 2021 model. I guess which would you recommend. I am running a 5950x currently and planning to get a 3080 ti (maybe just a 3080 would do) or a 3090 for my GPU.

Sorry to disturb. If the fan being slightly louder isn't a problem, then which one of the 750W versions is better (safer and more durable)? 2018 or 2021? 

1 hour ago, Ineedapsu said:

Sorry to disturb. If the fan being slightly louder isn't a problem, then which one of the 750W versions is better (safer and more durable)? 2018 or 2021? 

2021 is probably better because it uses better bearings.