Corsair RMx (2021)

ForwardVoltage
7 hours ago, kindMark said:

I edited the post to make it more clear. JonnyGURU said that the RM850x (2021) is getting a more relaxated fan curve with respect to older units of the same model (so still RM850x (2021)), so I wonder if there is a way to distinguish the units with the revised fan-curve from the units with the old (and noisier) fan-curve.

In general the fan is kept off so it is super quiet.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, VimesUK said:

From what I understand 5% tolerance is the maximum you should see but, you probably are aware, that typical software measurements is prone to the errors of the sensor on the motherboard and limitations of the software used, as well as its own errors.

IIRC my Corsair RMx 1000w 2021 had something very similar, if not exact, as yours showed on the 12v rail. My Season Ultras Prime 750w shows 12.168 and is very rock steady. But both PSU's are fine. Again mine are being measured by software and relying on that and the sensors on my Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard.

BTW I used 16AWG extension cables and that made no difference to what I saw.

My new corsair Rmx 850w 2021, in idle fluctuate between 12,024 and 12,096 and 3.26 and 3.28. I think it is a problem with the cable that does not make good contact? Because if I touch the cable sometimes I get that fluctuation or it can degrade further down. I can't get it to stay put like my previous seasonic or my coolermaster. Is it normal, is it sure that the PSU works like this for my pc components?

In load, the voltages drops more, 3.26 to 3.22 and 12.024 to 11.95/11.88. 4.980 to 4.950/4.920. ?

Is it sure that the PSU has these load drops?