Looking For New Smartphone - Samsung or Xiaomi Redmi or what?

Empire24453

Hello people,

For sometime now that I have been looking for a new smartphone that has all the best specs that has got to offer for the budget that I have 🙂 My price range is under £200, the lower the better, lowest amount £100. I have have been looking at reviews and watching videos, and picking is well, list goes on.

Samsung A21S has been on my Wishlist for a while, since I went with that since it's Samsung and good looking phone and best brand to get, however since I looked at more smartphones I came to "Xiaomi Redmi Note 9" that is also impressive to see that offers bigger screen and more ram/storage, also wins for the best phones for the price range. 

• After a smartphone for years of support, regards OS updates. Android version 10 and 11 and whatnot.
  • Great screen resolution. 1080P is fine. Not after 4K 😜 with great viewing angles
  • Not aiming to do gaming, but phone that does not have lag or delay.
  • I like to have a good Camera 🙂 Better then a webcam to maybe used as a streaming camera at one point.
  • Yes, unlocked lol 
  • Since it's Android, mostly aren't nothing that can't do but support all apps on in this world 😛  (using Windows phone at the moment so god help me) 

Yes, price is set and seeing what phone is perfect for my needs, Does anyone have a phones at that price point and what phone would you guys go with? what would you pick and why. What smartphone to go with? 

I would go for Samsung as you mentioned. I am currently suing the Note 20 Ultra but often times have phones of the A or M series from Samsung, too (from customers) and can't really say anything negative about the brand, just overall good quality phones no matter the price point.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

16 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

I would go for Samsung as you mentioned. I am currently suing the Note 20 Ultra but often times have phones of the A or M series from Samsung, too (from customers) and can't really say anything negative about the brand, just overall good quality phones no matter the price point.

Right, yet specs and information on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 sounds far better then Samsung. Note 20 is far to costly for my toasts on cheese 😛  

2 minutes ago, Empire24453 said:

Right, yet specs and information on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 sounds far better then Samsung. Note 20 is far to costly for my toasts on cheese 😛  

Well different use cases require different kinds of hardware. But honestly I would go with Samsung for the quality and therefore longevity

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

if you dont necessarily care about 5G, Xiaomi is going to launch the redmi note 10 pro with 120hz amoled screen, 108mp camera and an well, good SoC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G iirc), for what the price is supposedly to go around the 250 dollar mark, it's a bang for buck midrange phone

if you wanna go a bit more expensive, the Mi 11 is a really great choice too and for the 500 dollar mark and 5G, that's a real bang for buck (not to mention Snapdragon 888, AMOLED, up to 1440P and high refresh rate 120hz display, great camera and more)

ill have to check out for the note 10 non pro too but again, both are great bang for buck

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

10 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

if you dont necessarily care about 5G, Xiaomi is going to launch the redmi note 10 pro with 120hz amoled screen, 108mp camera and an well, good SoC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G iirc), for what the price is supposedly to go around the 250 dollar mark, it's a bang for buck midrange phone

I'll check that out, whenever it gets released. Comes down to the cost though. 5G at the moment in the UK is no where near to full coverage, can't even get 4G right. 

11 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

if you wanna go a bit more expensive, the Mi 11 is a really great choice too and for the 500 dollar mark and 5G, that's a real bang for buck (not to mention Snapdragon 888, AMOLED, up to 1440P and high refresh rate 120hz display, great camera and more)

Way to much, $500 is out 😞  200 is my max.

8 minutes ago, Empire24453 said:

I'll check that out, whenever it gets released. Comes down to the cost though. 5G at the moment in the UK is no where near to full coverage, can't even get 4G right. 

alright nice, i was trying to see some videos for non pro and stuff, and I saw that gsmarena finally uploaded thier review. hopefully this helps you to see if you really want that phone. but spoiler alert overall:

Spoiler

you only get i think a few compromises overall but everything else is fantastic from what ive seen in this review

and this phone will so far become my upgrade from the Note 8 Pro I own

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

7 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

alright nice, i was trying to see some videos for non pro and stuff, and I saw that gsmarena finally uploaded thier review. hopefully this helps you to see if you really want that phone. but spoiler alert overall:

Yeah, Does offer far more then Redmi Note 9 pro 🙂 Give it time there be more comparing videos and stores/amazon will have them in stock, seems price is not out for UK. 

If the cost is high, then well, that's out and back to Samsung or wait longer lol 

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

A51 has an OLED screen (60Hz) and is otherwise inferior to the Realme 7 in every other aspect.

yup, meanwhile the redmi note 10 pro has oled display with 120hz display, 90hz should also feel a bit smoother too but 120hz is like an upgrade

My PC

25 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

yup, meanwhile the redmi note 10 pro has oled display with 120hz display, 90hz should also feel a bit smoother too but 120hz is like an upgrade

The Note 10 Pro should arrive in the UK in early April, with the 10S and 10 5G set to arrive over the following few month. So waiting game LOL

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

LIke I said that it's not out as of yet and what I read from the reveiws is not far from the cost of the Note 9 (£179 to £220) Nothing has been confirmed as of yet.