Windows Media Creation Tool 20H2 Problem (I think?)

Exof Kezceirk

So my friend sent me his laptop to get it fixed because it keeps boot looping and as it turns out its os is corrupted and the hdd health is 10% health but i managed to recover his personal files. That being said i bought a bnew ssd from my supplier

(I have a supplier because i do tech repairs) and Installed the windows 10 x64 iso 20H2 everything went smoothly no problems whatsover BUT after updating the drivers and the other stuff via windows update after restarting the laptop to get the updates applied it got stuck on boot loop again. I have tried changing to hdd and it still keeps boot looping, i checked the laptop motherboard there are no corrosions or damage whatsoever, i tried swapping out the ram if that's the problem and no  the boot loop still happens. Is there any problem on the new version of windows? because this is my 5th reformat and reinstall of windows 10 and i left out the optional update for 20H2 just to be sure if that thing is causing the problem.

(btw i tried doing the cmd commands and shit doesnt work)

Would be helpful to know which laptop exactly would that be?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

get into safemode and check the event viewer for error.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

11 minutes ago, Analog said:

Would be helpful to know which laptop exactly would that be?

Acer E5-576G-59AB im working on it right now the update for windows just finished hopefully It boots right up having it installed on an ssd.

8 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

get into safemode and check the event viewer for error.

Unfortunately i tried doing that last night and it wont boot its just stuck at the acer screen no loading circle or something i did a timer of 10 mins.

I actually used the media creation tool at the start of this week on a work laptop and it worked flawlessly, including installing additional updates once in windows so it’s not that 🙂

6 minutes ago, oJIMoBOBo said:

I actually used the media creation tool at the start of this week on a work laptop and it worked flawlessly, including installing additional updates once in windows so it’s not that 🙂

what could possibly be the problem? is it the sata port on this laptop or something on the board itself? because the update just finished and now its been like almost 10 mins or so its stuck on acer loading screen...

Probably just hardware fault on the mobo or such...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Maybe the bios is corrupt. Try booting linux from a usb and see if has no problem. Then it should be the sata port

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

15 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Maybe the bios is corrupt. Try booting linux from a usb and see if has no problem. Then it should be the sata port

if the bios is corrupted where can i get the necessary files for this laptop and how can i reflash its bios?

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

47 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Nah, BIOS is used during POST, once POST is passed the BIOS is almost redundant.

1 hour ago, Exof Kezceirk said:

So my friend sent me his laptop to get it fixed because it keeps boot looping and as it turns out its os is corrupted and the hdd health is 10% health but i managed to recover his personal files. That being said i bought a bnew ssd from my supplier

(I have a supplier because i do tech repairs) and Installed the windows 10 x64 iso 20H2 everything went smoothly no problems whatsover BUT after updating the drivers and the other stuff via windows update after restarting the laptop to get the updates applied it got stuck on boot loop again. I have tried changing to hdd and it still keeps boot looping, i checked the laptop motherboard there are no corrosions or damage whatsoever, i tried swapping out the ram if that's the problem and no  the boot loop still happens. Is there any problem on the new version of windows? because this is my 5th reformat and reinstall of windows 10 and i left out the optional update for 20H2 just to be sure if that thing is causing the problem.

(btw i tried doing the cmd commands and shit doesnt work)

Classic driver problem, the cause will be one of two things, one should be fixable, the other not.

1) Windows update is pulling a bad driver down which is causing the problem. To fix this grab drivers from Acer Support yourself manually and install them.

2) The laptop contains hardware that requires the use of an outdated driver which Windows 20H2 doesn't like. Unfortunately there is not really much you can do about this other than not install the driver which causes the issue.

3) Nuclear option: Go back to Windows 20H1 or 1909 where it worked previously.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Can't you just reinstall windows with 20H2 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10

Install windows with no internet. Download all drivers and install manually.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

As it's stuck on boot it could be bios

36 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Can't you just reinstall windows with 20H2 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10

Install windows with no internet. Download all drivers and install manually.

I did that's the windows iso that im using but whenever i go to windows updates it shows "cumulative update" for 20H2 is that needed or no? 

39 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nah, BIOS is used during POST, once POST is passed the BIOS is almost redundant.

Classic driver problem, the cause will be one of two things, one should be fixable, the other not.

1) Windows update is pulling a bad driver down which is causing the problem. To fix this grab drivers from Acer Support yourself manually and install them.

2) The laptop contains hardware that requires the use of an outdated driver which Windows 20H2 doesn't like. Unfortunately there is not really much you can do about this other than not install the driver which causes the issue.

3) Nuclear option: Go back to Windows 20H1 or 1909 where it worked previously.

I'll try downloading the driver manually do i need to grab them one by one or is there a tool i can use?

8 minutes ago, Exof Kezceirk said:

I'll try downloading the driver manually do i need to grab them one by one or is there a tool i can use?

I thought you did tech repairs? Just google the model

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

I thought you did tech repairs? Just google the model

I do tech repairs but this is my first time handling a problem like this and seems like i found the culprit... i dont know if its related to the cpu graphics because i just updated the dedicated gpu on this laptop which is mx150 and everything went great but windows 10 started automatically the windows updated and i had no other choice but to restart it so i got stuck on the boot loop again but fortunately i did a system restore and it went back as it was like freshly installed. Any tips on how i can fix this driver problem?

155533056_573125517020748_3027784211627292430_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, Exof Kezceirk said:

I do tech repairs but this is my first time handling a problem like this and seems like i found the culprit... i dont know if its related to the cpu graphics because i just updated the dedicated gpu on this laptop which is mx150 and everything went great but windows 10 started automatically the windows updated and i had no other choice but to restart it so i got stuck on the boot loop again but fortunately i did a system restore and it went back as it was like freshly installed. Any tips on how i can fix this driver problem?

Disable automatic driver installation in windows and install drivers https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/7333;-;

FS in Denmark/EU:

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv