Janky strapping an aio to gpu... possible?

Crazypc
So my 3090 fe is good but in my nr200 case with a 280 aio on the side, temp is so bad to a point that it's hitting 90ish clock drop to 1850ish with 100% fan speed. so I was thinking about custom water cooling but since I already using an 280 aio on my 5900x and I don't wanna throw it away, plus a whole set of new custome water cooling is so expensive. Got me to think why not strapping an aio to it, so my plan is buy a 3090 fe water block and straping a aio like pure loop from be quiet that doesnt have the pump on the block. Or is ther other solution for this?
can any one tells me do you guys reckon that is gonna to work or not?
and anyone know the thickness of the tube ther I can buy fitting for?

IMG-1903.jpg

IMG-1905.jpg

itd be pretty janky, the pump is usually built into the cpu heatsink on the aio. no idea if this is possible. 

also, with the value of your parts you should probably just get it professionally done or purchase a purpose built custom aio for the 3090 instead of trying to make some frankenstein cooler.

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

9 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

itd be pretty janky, the pump is usually built into the cpu heatsink on the aio. no idea if this is possible. 

also, with the value of your parts you should probably just get it professionally done or purchase a purpose built custom aio for the 3090 instead of trying to make some frankenstein cooler.

Yea I know but I kinda over budge already, thats why Im thinking about this. yea useilly it is pump in block, but not for pure loop that why I say maybe possile.

12 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

do you have pic of your config?

just uploaded

7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

how is it without the fans under the gpu? i think they be less helpful then you think.

same not much different, got them thought temp will be better but nope.

Is the AIO pushing heat into the case, or is it acting as exhaust..? def want it to be exhaust. If its exhaust and temps are still super high, that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense, what case is this..?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

6 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Is the AIO pushing heat into the case, or is it acting as exhaust..? def want it to be exhaust. If its exhaust and temps are still super high, that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense, what case is this..?

its an nr200. yes the fans on the rad are blowing into the case. i agree the airflow should be reversed.

28 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

its an nr200. yes the fans on the rad are blowing into the case. i agree the airflow should be reversed.

@Crazypcif your rad fans are blowing hot air into the system..... make them be exhaust. That'll never work out for you with them pumping heat into the case, also isn't that likely creating a serious positive pressure situation where the GPU likely can't even exhaust its heat well due to having a high pressure "inside of your case" working against the fans which are essentially air pumps. I would go serious negative pressure which will help suck air air of the GPU heatsink; also it won't be pumping ~150 watts of 5900x heat into the case.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

30 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

hmm you reckon fliping the fan will be better?

2 minutes ago, Crazypc said:

hmm you reckon fliping the fan will be better?

yea i do. you'll probably see a bump in cpu temps, but it should be ok. also i would ditch the fans at the bottom under the gpu. if you want to improve that airflow area i would try using radiator shroud/gaskets. you'll have to measure what size you need. you can stack them to get a the perfect fit. you can even cut them and glue them together whatever works.

you can find some here

https://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g30/c429/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-PC_Water_Cooling_Radiator_Shrouds.html

you can see an example in this thread: