Very cheap, but seems Genuine 144Hz/165Hz for £35.03 Sample on Alibaba

AStarRahimi

Hi there Linus, I saw this great deal on Alibaba and it seems legit, and is sold by a verified supplier with 4.6 star ratings. He sells 24 and 27" monitors from 1080p all the way to 4k. Can you check this please as you can order a sample for £35.03 UK price. I most preferably would want the 144/165 Hz monitor, and I'm sure as you would know which one it is to choose. Would appreciate it if you do a video on this, I mean this is a video idea for you, and also a cheap alternative for buyers, once you test it out and stuff.

Reason why I don't buy it is because I have never bought from Alibaba before, and I'm sure as you have experience using this website, you would know what to do etc. and also I can risk my money, maybe 1% it might be fake? dunno.

Thanks,

me

2 minutes ago, AStarRahimi said:

Hi there Linus, I saw this great deal on Alibaba and it seems legit, and is sold by a verified supplier with 4.6 star ratings. He sells 24 and 27" monitors from 1080p all the way to 4k. Can you check this please as you can order a sample for £35.03 UK price. I most preferably would want the 144/165 Hz monitor, and I'm sure as you would know which one it is to choose. Would appreciate it if you do a video on this, I mean this is a video idea for you, and also a cheap alternative for buyers, once you test it out and stuff.

Reason why I don't buy it is because I have never bought from Alibaba before, and I'm sure as you have experience using this website, you would know what to do etc. and also I can risk my money, maybe 1% it might be fake? dunno.

Thanks,

me

Maybe a link can be helpful

Okay, why does this seem genuine? Everything about it looks fake. There's no model number. The description says 'series: for gaming'. It also says-

Display Ratio 16:9, Aspect Ratio 4:3... Claims to have a built-in camera, but I can't see one or connectivity for one anywhere. 

There are two different selection options - screen size says '24' and '27' inch, but model number says '22, 24, 19.5, and 27'. So what would they ship you if you pick 27" screen size and 19" for model number?

Also, Linus isn't going to do an entire video just so one of his subsscribers knows which monitor to buy. If you're that sold on it, buy it and see what you get - these chinese sites like Alibaba and Wish are a lottery.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Okay, why does this seem genuine? Everything about it looks fake. There's no model number. The description says 'series: for gaming'. It also says-

Display Ratio 16:9, Aspect Ratio 4:3... Claims to have a built-in camera, but I can't see one or connectivity for one anywhere. 

There are two different selection options - screen size says '24' and '27' inch, but model number says '22, 24, 19.5, and 27'. So what would they ship you if you pick 27" screen size and 19" for model number?

Also, Linus isn't going to do an entire video just so one of his subsscribers knows which monitor to buy. If you're that sold on it, buy it and see what you get - these chinese sites like Alibaba and Wish are a lottery.

yeah.... thats about right

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

If you're that sold on it, buy it and see what you get

first he isn't then he wouldn't ask for a video / review thing, second he cannot (not easily at least) you can't just order these you need to talk to the seller first and I'm not sure they sell to private customers (although they say they would, but then why the 'talk' before ordering one) 

I agree it seems fishy, but I think it's likely these aren't really fake, just very cheaply made... 

And all that, including the ridiculous low price, would make a video review thing *very* interesting.

my guess is they're kinda ok, but low quality and probably buggy - most seem to come with freesync too, I can't really imagine that'd work without issues - hence it would be actually super interesting to see what they deliver... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Buying it and hoping for the best is less of a stress than having LTT produce an entire video just to reassure him. 

Also, 4.6 stars means nothing. It's actually kinda awful. If you look at eBay, there are sellers with 98% positive reviews. Seem good, right? Look at their positive and negative feedback. The positive ones are basically all bots saying botty shit, the negative ones go into detail and seem like they're written by humans. Realistically, they're closer to 50 or 60% positive, if that. Remember, this is on eBay. You're talking about a chinese seller on a chinese website making unrealistic price claims with crappy product descriptions that aren't even possible, let alone organized.

22 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

not to mention, looking at the photo's, it clear they're just renders and not actual pictures of a real product, look at the massive jagged edges on a lot of the photos. 

image.png.3fb0dd2c505d4dea5ea18f5552653dae.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

not to mention, looking at the photo's, it clear they're just renders and not actual pictures of a real product, look at the massive jagged edges on a lot of the photos. 

I am strangely impressed. I just thought they were shitty low-res photoshops with the logos painted over and other stuff clipped out/whited out with magic wand haha

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

image.png.3fb0dd2c505d4dea5ea18f5552653dae.png

Naaa, that prob happens on eBay when u post pics

2 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

Why do you try so hard to get scammed?

The worst part is when you ask others to fall for it too

But actually the worst part is that you are new here and you could probably be the scammer

Oh my. Maybe you have never used eBay? This sold item on eBay must have been sold by chinese people maybe, and they left fake review?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-3GB-GDDR5-Graphics-Card-/294013005008?epid=16009558272&hash=item44748a6cd0%3Ag%3A5q4AAOSwQTxgKBUs&nma=true&si=VLe2Mha80qDJV1%2FRo%2FgyRJUpDHc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

47 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

And all that, including the ridiculous low price, would make a video review thing *very* interesting.

I completely agree, I always love the LTT videos where they review some really weird stuff or debunk some fake claims. They are some of my favorites on the channel. The whole one where they made a solid effort to make a custom PCB for some fake GPU was hilarious to me.

32 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

Why do you try so hard to get scammed?

The worst part is when you ask others to fall for it too

But actually the worst part is that you are new here and you could probably be the scammer

Bro why you so salty lol.

2 hours ago, AStarRahimi said:

Alibaba

great deal

legit

Divide by Zero error. Does not compute

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

renders and not actual pictures of a real product

What it looks like to me, is they tried to cut out a busy background to just show the monitor and they didn't do a very good job of it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What it looks like to me, is they tried to cut out a busy background to just show the monitor and they didn't do a very good job of it.

That's it! I agree, I tried explaining to him giving him the example of eBay

Thread cleaned and locked.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you would like to make suggestions for LTT videos then you can do so here.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450