audio technica ath-m50x microphone

I heard there is a microphone cord for the audio technica ath m50s. if there is one, where can I buy it. I would consider one of audio technica's gaming headsets, but those are a little too expensive, and I don't like the "wing" design.

I believe (correct me if im wrong) that the m50x's come with a large assortment of cords one of which is the cord with a mic on it.

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I believe (correct me if im wrong) that the m50x's come with a large assortment of cords one of which is the cord with a mic on it.

you are wrong, it has "Detachable cables (Includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)"

thers prob a mod cord out there 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It is to my understanding that the M50X's do not come with a mic. If you are looking for a relatively cheap mic that will pair nicely with them, might I recommend the Antlion Mod Mic. 

you are wrong, it has "Detachable cables (Includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)"

Next time, try to not be so blunt about it. It comes off as a little rude and it's important for the success of the community here on LTT to be polite and respectful. Remember, you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

It is to my understanding that the M50X's do not come with a mic. If you are looking for a relatively cheap mic that will pair nicely with them, might I recommend the Antlion Mod Mic. 

Next time, try to not be so blunt about it. It comes off as a little rude and it's important for the success of the community here on LTT to be polite and respectful. Remember, you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. 

how was I blunt? i just stated that he was wrong because he was! what else would I say? "although it may seem like, it, the statement it comes with a microphone is incorrect"

how was I blunt? i just stated that he was wrong because he was! what else would I say? "although it may seem like, it, the statement it comes with a microphone is incorrect"

That's an improvement. You have to remember that when you are typing things out on the forum, everybody is going to read into it a little differently. You might not have meant to come across a certain way, but someone may accidentally interpreted it the wrong way. This mis-interpretation is especially common in the Audio sub-forum here and has lead to a lot of heated arguments and harsh words.  A better way to phrase your comment might have been, "I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they come with a mic" or "I am pretty sure they don't come with a mic. Here are some suggestions for alternative solutions". You are right in your information, it just helps to present it in a fashion that is less prone to mis-interpretation and a positive and polite comment goes along way.  

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

That's an improvement. You have to remember that when you are typing things out on the forum, everybody is going to read into it a little differently. You might not have meant to come across a certain way, but someone may accidentally interpreted it the wrong way. This mis-interpretation is especially common in the Audio sub-forum here and has lead to a lot of heated arguments and harsh words.  A better way to phrase your comment might have been, "I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they come with a mic" or "I am pretty sure they don't come with a mic. Here are some suggestions for alternative solutions". You are right in your information, it just helps to present it in a fashion that is less prone to mis-interpretation and a positive and polite comment goes along way.  

Someone give this man an award!!! :D

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Are you kidding me? I've been on forums far more sugarcoated than this one and have been called out much more abrasively. LTT is perfect because people are allowed to be wrong without starting a flame war.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

"You are wrong"

lol. How is that not blunt? :)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

• 6 months later...

For all of those googlers who somehow got to this topic and are wondering for a solution:

It is called a Headphone cable with microphone : Auvio headphone cable with boom mic on ebay or many other simmilar ones.

Source: Needed this, found this forum post, continued searching

For all of those googlers who somehow got to this topic and are wondering for a solution:

It is called a Headphone cable with microphone : Auvio headphone cable with boom mic on ebay or many other simmilar ones.

Source: Needed this, found this forum post, continued searching

I posted this over six months ago... (also i would get sennheiser headphones if i bought a new pair and would probably get a modmic 4.0 or blue snowball for a mic.)

• 4 weeks later...

This is an eBay item. Replacement cable with Remote Mic connect iphone to Technica ATH-M50x $17.00. It is a mod but it works.

This is an eBay item. Replacement cable with Remote Mic connect iphone to Technica ATH-M50x $17.00. It is a mod but it works.

why do people reply to such old topics?!? @Windspeed36 @WoodenMarker people close this.

Because he didnt look at the date of the post. Answered this question for someone else and then did it again here without looking through the whole post.

holy thread necro batman

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089