Should I go to Micro Center?

ConnorSt

So I live in Louisville Kentucky and the closest Micro Center is 2 hours away (one way, not round trip). At the current moment, I don't need to get anything for my computer or my 3D printer, but I have a couple days off from college coming up and I was thinking about going as I've never been there before and who knows maybe I'll find something I need or a great deal on 3D printer filament. My main question is, is Micro Center worth it? Like are the prices really good? Or do you think it'd be a good day trip and not something to do every time I need some filament? 

Maybe I should just go for a little day trip away from college? What are everyone's thoughts? 

Check online to see if you need anything then make up your mind, jayzuz. Here is another question for random people on internet to answer, I wonder if I should eat today?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, ConnorSt said:

My main question is, is Micro Center worth it? Like are the prices really good?

From time to time, yes, Micro Center is worth it. They are pretty competitive with price matching a competitor (Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy), but check their policies on price matching. My parents and I like to go out on a road trip to PA, where there is a Micro Center located out there. USB thumb drives are pretty cheap and can't believe how much I get ripped off at other stores. Micro Center tends to sell their CPUs pretty cheap to get you in the door and buy other components. Their return policy is great if something doesn't work out right and need to exchange the item. 

A 2 hour drive is pretty far, consider spending the whole day there or in the area once you consider it to be a 4 hours round trip and maybe an hour inside the store. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

36 minutes ago, Levent said:

Check online to see if you need anything then make up your mind, jayzuz. Here is another question for random people on internet to answer, I wonder if I should eat today?

These questions are great. Should I do this thing? Well I don't know, do you want to do that thing?

If you do go, make sure you get the 32gb flash drive and micro sd deal.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I would go, but leave your wallet in the car.

unless your gonna kill someone if you find something

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

If there isn't a specific item or items you want that they are selling for a good price and which you can reserve online to have some certainty they won't be out of stock before you make the trip, no. It's not a theme park. It's just a store, and a rather dingy and old-feeling one at that (at least all the locations I've ever been in were). 

Alternatively: do what you want, we're not your dad! 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

my closest micro center is the one in Tustin, CA 2.5 hours each way, and ya gotta add LA traffic to that sometimes. So i feel your dilemma. The first time i went there is was like damn what else has my life been missing? I now like to go there because I'll see something and be like "yeah i need that" which is something you don't get on amazon or Newegg. I don't mean useless crap i mean like a fan header or a water cooler part.

Also with the recent lack of computer parts available i have gone down there a few times trying to score something. I was there a week ago got in as number 50 and there was 2x MSI RX6800 still available, but i only want the merc 319 so i passed on it. I'll prob go down there again in a few days to try and score a 5900x.

If you have some free time I'd recommend you go there at least once just to see how massive the store is and all the crazy amounts of stuff they sell.

What else would you do with that 6 hours?  2 ther 2 at, 2 back) Something better?  If not it won’t hurt anything. Is there anyplace else in that area you want to see or do? Might be worth checking.  Microcenters are generally in large cities.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'd say no. It's just a computer store. Like Best Buy back in the day before they became whatever they are now. Like A Wallmart with computer parts. IT's not like an Apple Store which is a fancy "try stuff" store. Spend the 6ish hours playing a game or something.. pc builder simulator if you need to look at pc parts 🙂

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎