Idk what to play. Have had my Pc for about 2 weeks now and cant find games that interest me

drewtcjones

I've been playing Titanfall for a while now and i want to play games that should be played on PC. anyone have any suggestions? I havent been able to get into games like Skyrim (for whatever reason, idk),. Is terraria good? I will be mostly playing single-player. I watch TotalBiscuit on youtube and all the games he suggests are good games but i dont want to base my opinion on games off of on e single person.

EDIT; i will also want to play other multiplayer games (like fps)

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

BF3/4, Tomb Raider, Metro LL, Crysis 3, Arkham Asylum/City/Origins

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If you like creating things then GMOD, also a lot more things than building like TTT, if you like space and building then Kerbal Space Program

To the Moon
Path of Exile
Day Z and 7 Days to Die and Rust
Thomas was Alone
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That's why I stuck with Intel HD4000 graphics, when I built my PC. I really wish they would use those beautyful new engines for something other than just 1st or 3rd person shooters and other similar combat based games.

Maybe try some of the indie games. I'm personally waiting for Mighty No 9 and the new River City Ransom game.

To the Moon
Path of Exile
Day Z and 7 Days to Die and Rust
Thomas was Alone
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

I thought that Thomas was Alone was surprisingly good.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Above suggestions are good, you need to find what you like.

Also make sure you get into the right mindset to truly appreciate single player gaming.

Right mindset = wide eyed wonder and child like appreciation (without undue cynicism)

This does not come at the cost of the intellectual side, quite the opposite. It's simply about letting your guard down.

Above suggestions are good, you need to find what you like.

Also make sure you get into the right mindset to truly appreciate single player gaming.

Right mindset = wide eyed wonder and child like appreciation (without undue cynicism)

This does not come at the cost of the intellectual side, quite the opposite. It's simply about letting your guard down.

i really want to get more into games like skyrim and dark souls but i just cant. i am stuck in the fps/ constant action mindset

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

Hearthstone is great.  I think it's still free.  Have a look on GOG for some older titles which are awesome and singleplayer. Arma 2 +OA with all the mods (unfortunately DayZ overshadows there greatness)  TB's picks are usually good, maybe go a have a look at angry joes reviews as well.  Witcher 1 and 2 (neware of tw1) dragan age origins. The hitmen series, GTA SA & VC, hotline miami, BFBC2 (it is mp though).  The list goes on and on. Older games are pretty cheap, so just try them.  For FPS, doom series, duke nukem 3D.  There are some great FPS's

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

i really want to get more into games like skyrim and dark souls but i just cant. i am stuck in the fps/ constant action mindset

no point forcing down things you don't like...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

no point forcing down things you don't like...

yeah ik but i like games like GTA but not skyrim. so i guess i like open world games where i can blow shit up lol

I've been playing Titanfall for a while now and i want to play games that should be played on PC. anyone have any suggestions? I havent been able to get into games like Skyrim (for whatever reason, idk),. Is terraria good? I will be mostly playing single-player. I watch TotalBiscuit on youtube and all the games he suggests are good games but i dont want to base my opinion on games off of on e single person.

Company of heroes (the old one is super cheap and loads of fun, but make sure you get a deluxe edition or whatever that includes the British and Panzer Elite factions.) The multiplayer is really fun but you'll suck at first. The newer game, COH2 is also highly recommended. Oh and PS, be sure to download the blitzkrieg mod for COH1 for even more insane fun. If you are mostly interested in singleplayer then the original COH1 would be better for you I think.

Battlefield 4. I wasn't a fan of it coming from BF3 at first, but now I've grown to really enjoy it and I think it's actually a lot better than BF3 now. If you're only interested in singleplayer it's not recommended because it's mostly for the multiplayer that you buy this.

Metro 2033 or Last light. Both great games. Super scary as well and all about the singleplayer.

Minecraft. You don't need a powerful GPU for this or anything, but this game is great if you want to be creative. Build anything, and invent your own machines etc.. using an electricity like system. Modding is the name of the game here. Download third party adventure singleplayer maps, download mods that add features, change the look of the game etc.. Multiplayer is also great and the game is getting constantly updated

Bioshock Infinite. Fantastic singleplayer game. 

And loads more... 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Company of heroes (the old one is super cheap and loads of fun, but make sure you get a deluxe edition or whatever that includes the British and Panzer Elite factions.) The multiplayer is really fun but you'll suck at first. The newer game, COH2 is also highly recommended. Oh and PS, be sure to download the blitzkrieg mod for COH1 for even more insane fun. If you are mostly interested in singleplayer then the original COH1 would be better for you I think.

Battlefield 4. I wasn't a fan of it coming from BF3 at first, but now I've grown to really enjoy it and I think it's actually a lot better than BF3 now. If you're only interested in singleplayer it's not recommended because it's mostly for the multiplayer that you buy this.

Metro 2033 or Last light. Both great games. Super scary as well and all about the singleplayer.

Minecraft. You don't need a powerful GPU for this or anything, but this game is great if you want to be creative. Build anything, and invent your own machines etc.. using an electricity like system. Modding is the name of the game here. Download third party adventure singleplayer maps, download mods that add features, change the look of the game etc.. Multiplayer is also great and the game is getting constantly updated

Bioshock Infinite. Fantastic singleplayer game. 

And loads more... 

sorry, i worded that a little poorly. i will be playing single player mostly. by this i meant by myself haha. i like fps' and also single-player games

thanks for the suggestions!

Unless you can break out of that mindset you may end up as one of those people writing blog posts about how games are no longer fun. :D

My neighbor was in the same mindset, he changed his mind when I made him play portal + portal 2. Maybe the key is not to look for instant gratification, just enjoy the ride...

Anyway a lot of the games posters have suggested in this thread have enough shooting to satisfy you so give it a shot...

Unless you can break out of that mindset you may end up as one of those people writing blog posts about how games are no longer fun. :D

My neighbor was in the same mindset, he changed his mind when I made him play portal + portal 2. Maybe the key is not to look for instant gratification, just enjoy the ride...

Anyway a lot of the games posters have suggested in this thread have enough shooting to satisfy you so give it a shot...

i will thanks!

EDIT; i will also want to play other multiplayer games (like fps)

Get bioshock infinite its on sale on steam this weekend, payday 2 also has a free weekend happening right now

Minesweeper, solitaire

can't tell if trolling or a 60 year old lady... 

i've put about 25 hours into banished so far.  I like it

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i've put about 25 hours into banished so far.  I like it

How is that game? I literally have my finger on the buy button but I just can't go through with it.

I like Civ, Age of Empires, etc, but not quite sure if I would like a pure city building simulator.

It's really a game of balance and inches, you manage the direction of your little people, and they do their thing.  To me it's like a big spreadsheet in my head where hopefully everything balances at the end.

Or you can just build a little town and watch the little people run around.  It has a lot of potential for expanded content, it's a very solid base.

How is that game? I literally have my finger on the buy button but I just can't go through with it.

I like Civ, Age of Empires, etc, but not quite sure if I would like a pure city building simulator.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers