Is it good to expose power bank to cold?

Muhlis

A question. What should be the minimum operating temperature for a power bank? I'm recording snow with my camera outside, it's like 0℃ and I power the camera with a power bank. Is it safe to leave it on cold?

Thanks.

Modern lithium batteries should not be put under load if the temperature is below 0 celsius. Putting them under load when the internal temperature is below this gives a high probability to damage the battery permanently (cause of death for many mobile device batteries where I live).

Battery might survive in the cold if you make sure it is warmed up before putting it under load. 

This strongly depends on the battery inside. Some specially designed Lithium-Ion batteries may operate a bit below -50°C even. But for normal ones you shouldn't go below 0° when charging (storing it colder is another topic). This may / will decrease it's capacity irreversibly. They will also charge substantially slower as the internal resistance rises with lower temps.

I myself have used power banks at below that, they were fine afterwards but I'd recommend putting the power bank into a warm bag or something, tightly wrap it maybe (It should produce a bit of heat itself so if it's 0°C outside it should be a bit more if it's wrapped into something)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Charging in sub-zero temperatures can result in damage, discharging them below 0C however is usually not an issue. They just last less long on a single charge, that's about it.

Most quality products have thermal sensors now and even small heaters in the battery.  Just check the specs for your product and any environmental ratings it may have. 

Probably not good idea to try and test with something that isn't approved for such. In general, its good to keep sensitive electronics, like phones and cameras, inside your jacket where they stay rather warm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv