It's finally complete - My New Build

BradB111

r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090

Specs:

CPU - AMD 5950X 

GPU - EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra

RAM - 2x Corsair vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (@ 3800MHZ C18)

Mobo - ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact 
Case - Lian Li O11D Mini

Fans - Corsair QL120

PSU - Corsair SF750

Cooling -  All EK Blocks and Components (Except Fittings): 
    -CPU Block - EK Velocity D-RGB Nickel + Acetal
    -GPU Block - EK Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Acetal
    -Radiators - 2x EK PE360
    -Reservoir  -  EK FLT240

-Fittings - Primochill Revolver 

-Coolant - EK Mystic Fog

All EK Block / Res RGB modified with MX2.54 Dupont connector for use with Corsairs ecosystem meaning everything controlled via iCue

Cable combs are my own 3D Prints, unfortunately 32 pin combs don't exist and the way the 8 pin EPS is positioned on this board it seemed too perfect.

So, 18 months from idea to reality, I really wanted to try and use 45deg bends as I'd not seen many tubing runs use anything other than a 90deg bend and after trying it I completely understand why. I originally started planning this as I finally took the plunge on an ultrawide and settled on the 38GN950 but my old 980Ti just wasn't cutting it and my 6700k was beginning to show it's age also so what better time to upgrade. Unfortunately that's when the "human malware" came into play seemed to make securing the parts almost a second job. As soon as I'd seen the case at CES 2020 I knew it was perfect for what I sketched up in Fusion 360 however it was only 2 weeks ago I received it. The delays on components have been crazy as I'm sure you're all aware.

Anyway, fast forward to today and here I am, One finished build.

In any case (pun intended) if you are looking for a small (ish) form factor case I'd highly recommend the O11D Mini, It's incredible.

Questions welcome.

Is that hardline? OHHHH BABY.

PS. Be careful with that liquid color that you put into the fluid. Had some of it corrode a CPU block after 8months and clog a pump, to be fair that was some cheapo Chinese stuff but still.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Is that hardline? OHHHH BABY.

PS. Be careful with that liquid color that you put into the fluid. Had some of it corrode a CPU block after 8months and clog a pump, to be fair that was some cheapo Chinese stuff but still.

Oh I will update the post, there are no colours in the loop, That is EK Mystic Fog, reflects the system RGB Amazingly. It is a translucent white with no lights on.

And yes, all hardline except a hidden soft tube that runs behind the mobo tray.

Man that's a nice build. I'm guessing you've done hardline before, how many builds have you done with/without watercooling? The way you use the lights and the liquid is smart. I like it 🙂

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

10 minutes ago, tishous said:

Man that's a nice build. I'm guessing you've done hardline before, how many builds have you done with/without watercooling? The way you use the lights and the liquid is smart. I like it 🙂

Thank you.

2nd hardline build
2nd Watercooling build

Maybe 8th or so build but been messing around with computers for as long as I can remember.

This is my first watercooling / hardline build from approx 5 years ago. (6700K 980Ti SLI):
PC.thumb.jpg.46750ebe08091aaf1eade3177bc702b3.jpg

1 minute ago, BradB111 said:

2nd hardline build

I'm impressed. I don't have the patience or desire to do any type of custom loop.

Those bends in your first build look perfect. Also looks very clean. You must have some sort of natural talent for hardline watercooling or something lol.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

12 minutes ago, BradB111 said:

Oh I will update the post, there are no colours in the loop, That is EK Mystic Fog, reflects the system RGB Amazingly. It is a translucent white with no lights on.

And yes, all hardline except a hidden soft tube that runs behind the mobo tray.

Wow. Honestly that's a stunning build. What case is it in? I've never seen that distro plate/res before. The o11d mini?
Hmm and do you have a easy way to drain the loop? Like a drain valvue or is that soft tubing easier to service the build with? I'm interested.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

17 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Wow. Honestly that's a stunning build. What case is it in? I've never seen that distro plate/res before. The o11d mini?
Hmm and do you have a easy way to drain the loop? Like a drain valvue or is that soft tubing easier to service the build with? I'm interested.

Thank you very much!

No way to drain the loop.... Yet, Waiting for the new drain port from EK that has a push / pull locking system:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-torque-drain-valve-black

Once that arrives I'll have to drain the loop in a bit more of a creative way (yet to work that one out) and then that can go on the spare outlet at the bottom of the EK FLT240 res on the bottom left. Then it will be a case of attaching some flexi tube with a fitting onto the drain port fitting, pulling the locking system and then opening the fill port at the top of the res to let the air in and most of the loop should drain right out through added drain port if it all goes smoothly. 

48 minutes ago, BradB111 said:

Thank you very much!

No way to drain the loop.... Yet, Waiting for the new drain port from EK that has a push / pull locking system:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-torque-drain-valve-black

Once that arrives I'll have to drain the loop in a bit more of a creative way (yet to work that one out) and then that can go on the spare outlet at the bottom of the EK FLT240 res on the bottom left. Then it will be a case of attaching some flexi tube with a fitting onto the drain port fitting, pulling the locking system and then opening the fill port at the top of the res to let the air in and most of the loop should drain right out through added drain port if it all goes smoothly. 

Hmm... I don't know the layout of you loop really, but since this is such a small case, you might be able to drain most of the excess fluid with  one of those squeeze bottles in the distro plate, basically reversing what you might've done to fill it, and then tilting the pc to get the liquid that isn't in the distro out. Just an idea though. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

30 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Hmm... I don't know the layout of you loop really, but since this is such a small case, you might be able to drain most of the excess fluid with  one of those squeeze bottles in the distro plate, basically reversing what you might've done to fill it, and then tilting the pc to get the liquid that isn't in the distro out. Just an idea though. 

It was looking likely that's how I needed to do it yeah, once I drain the res out past the lower port I can attach a length of flexi at that point anyway. There's always a way.

3 hours ago, BradB111 said:

r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090r/pcmasterrace - New Build - 5950X / RTX3090

Specs:

CPU - AMD 5950X 

GPU - EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra

RAM - 2x Corsair vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (@ 3800MHZ C18)

Mobo - ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact 
Case - Lian Li O11D Mini

Fans - Corsair QL120

PSU - Corsair SF750

Cooling -  All EK Blocks and Components (Except Fittings): 
    -CPU Block - EK Velocity D-RGB Nickel + Acetal
    -GPU Block - EK Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Acetal
    -Radiators - 2x EK PE360
    -Reservoir  -  EK FLT240

-Fittings - Primochill Revolver 

-Coolant - EK Mystic Fog

All EK Block / Res RGB modified with MX2.54 Dupont connector for use with Corsairs ecosystem meaning everything controlled via iCue

Cable combs are my own 3D Prints, unfortunately 32 pin combs don't exist and the way the 8 pin EPS is positioned on this board it seemed too perfect.

So, 18 months from idea to reality, I really wanted to try and use 45deg bends as I'd not seen many tubing runs use anything other than a 90deg bend and after trying it I completely understand why. I originally started planning this as I finally took the plunge on an ultrawide and settled on the 38GN950 but my old 980Ti just wasn't cutting it and my 6700k was beginning to show it's age also so what better time to upgrade. Unfortunately that's when the "human malware" came into play seemed to make securing the parts almost a second job. As soon as I'd seen the case at CES 2020 I knew it was perfect for what I sketched up in Fusion 360 however it was only 2 weeks ago I received it. The delays on components have been crazy as I'm sure you're all aware.

Anyway, fast forward to today and here I am, One finished build.

In any case (pun intended) if you are looking for a small (ish) form factor case I'd highly recommend the O11D Mini, It's incredible.

Questions welcome.

amazing

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

44 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

looks really awesome! i'm building an E-ATX hardline build in the same case. i hope it turns out as good looking as your build has!

It's a great case and easy to work with, sounds good.

• 2 months later...

This is an awesome build.

I'm currently looking at making my own build water cooled, i wish i can make it as good as you.

I was wondering, did you had any problem fitting the graphic card with EK backplate on the motherboard? It looks pretty tight.