Hide / Ignore threads or sections

camieabz

Hallo.

I've been making use of the activity "unread content" condensed view, and it's great. However, I get to see ALL unread content, and it would be great to have a quick 'mark as read' button on a thread, and even better if I could pick and choose which forum sections to not see activity (e.g. Off Topic).

I've nothing against people posting 'banned for' in a 7 year old thread, if that keeps some happy. I just don't want to participate, or see it in my activity. 🙂

Any way to ignore certain sections, and might a 'mark read' for threads that are obviously of no interest be an option? At present, I have to go into each thread for the forum to mark it read, which is a lot of forward and back if I don't fancy reading about RGB lighting.

Maybe the feature is already there, and I've not spotted it?

Cheers!

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

Hey there. This part caught my eye:

11 minutes ago, camieabz said:

Any way to ignore certain sections, and might a 'mark read' for threads that are obviously of no interest be an option? At present, I have to go into each thread for the forum to mark it read, which is a lot of forward and back if I don't fancy reading about RGB lighting.

Maybe the feature is already there, and I've not spotted it?

Uncertain whether it'll help, but there are some alternative ways to clicking on a thread to mark it as read:

Alternative 1: Hover-Over

unknown.png

• Hover the cursor over the thread title, and a small pop-up box should... er, pop up. Select "Mark this topic as read," and the topic should gray out. Not too much hassle, aye? 😁
  • Just checked, and the hover-over doesn't seem to work in the Unread Content Activity Stream. Oof.

Alternative 2: Mark the Sub-Forum

unknown.png

• On the Main Page, click on the speech-bubble icon next to a sub-forum, and all threads in the sub-forum will be marked as read. More useful for ignoring/filing away entire sub-forums that you aren't interested in.

22 minutes ago, camieabz said:

...even better if I could pick and choose which forum sections to not see activity (e.g. Off Topic).

🤔 For this part, perhaps setting up some filters could help? Filtering out sub-forums, for example:

unknown.png

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

12 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Alternative 1: Hover-Over

Yeah, it's not just me or my browser then. I did wonder. 🙂

Thx for trying. I might tinker with the custom streams. Seems a lot of inclusion, rather than a little exclusion.

~ Gaming since 1980 ~

PassMark | UserBench

You can pin one custom stream to main forum page. For example, I have one for threads I've posted in, but not read. Since I sometimes post onto Troubleshooting threads and I don't browse that sub often.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv