Tinder's new user agreement - mandatory!

caincha
5 hours ago, caincha said:

That. But also, if it becomes a trend and every app starts to make this mandatory then what…?

Return to monke

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Return to monke

return to monkee, and apple to android 14 containers for dayz

5 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Wait what

Instead of using the app,he used the sub-reddit 😄

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 hours ago, caincha said:

Summary

In the shadow of what should be shortly implemented by WhatsApp, Tinder seems to be following in the same footsteps and making mandatory the sharing of personal data and location.

I couldn't find anything other than a Reddit post as of yet. I assume it was just released and news should pop the following day.

Quotes

My thoughts

And like WhatsApp I will not accept it being mandatory and will ditch the app. 

If this becomes the trend I see myself deleting pretty much anything that tries to track me with my consent.

I am aware most already do and are just trying to make it legal - Tinder and WhatsApp included - but at least without having my consent there can be consequences in the future but once we do officially agree to it any sort of online privacy will be lost in less than a decade so… Long live Tor…?

Sources

Long live Tor and Signal, man! ❤️ 

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Transfer of data to 3rd parties and transmission of data from your region of jurisdiction is the most jolly one. I don't even need to read the upper terms of service to know they'll be littered with data hoarding BS.

8 hours ago, PlayStation 2 said:

My dating site was this fucking forum, thank god I never had to resort to Tinder.

My dating sites where gathering with friends, private parties, bars and clubs. 

Thank god I never had to resort to internet dating. 

8 minutes ago, Spindel said:

My dating sites where gathering with friends, private parties, bars and clubs.

Thank god I never had to resort to internet dating. 

Depends, for some it could be safer, for others it does more harm. Then again drunk driving from those areas, using other substances or fights, to more scary stuff etc, is not that good either. To being location based, how social the community could be and so on. But like with microtransactions, online friendships/relationships can be just as taxing and emotionally draining. From how you can see big online creators having quite a lot to deal with when it comes to such relationships. Issues around isolation or isolate ideas just like on social media etc.

While I would say there is a lot of positive sides of both, either does target a more physical or mental sides as a person. Where it becomes a bit like a diet, if you balance both, it might help you mentally or physically, as everyone has their demands and issues that could be dealt with differently.

Although if in a country that is "not so great" then I guess you could say that internet dating in general could be toxic and quite harmful, either against LGBT due to that countries views and people that are after them, to religion etc. Like we have seen a lot from big companies with their apps, making these groups to become targeted either through their services or information gathering. From using grinder in a more religious area for example, that might be used to imprison or to be attacked.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, StDragon said:

You're not going to find many high IQ members on Tinder.

what do you mean i have a masters degree thank you