100% CPU usage while playing CSGO on Asus tuf a15

Rudradev Arya

20210201_230352.thumb.jpg.aab6a38646fb1725682df28d931988af.jpgHello guys ...I have an asus tuf a15 ryzen 7 4800h + 1650ti while playing csgo I noticed stutters and in task manager I saw locked 100% cpu usage ....and also msi fps dosent work on csgo I couldn't see fps but for first 10 or so minutes the game stutters badly and after that gaming is ok but the cpu usage is allways 100% is it normal or is something wrong ?

edit-- with xbox game bar and task manager i am seeing that both my gpu's (radeon + 1650ti r both being used 50%+ and that my fps r around low 80's)

20210202_114322.jpg

20210202_114515.jpg

20210202_114557.jpg

Edited by Rudradev Arya

10 minutes ago, Rudradev Arya said:

Hello guys ...I have an asus tuf a15 ryzen 7 4800h + 1650ti while playing csgo I noticed stutters and in task manager I saw locked 100% cpu usage ....and also msi fps dosent work on csgo I couldn't see fps but for first 10 or so minutes the game stutters badly and after that gaming is ok but the cpu usage is allways 100% is it normal or is something wrong ?

cap your fps to your monitor hz

13 minutes ago, Rudradev Arya said:

Hello guys ...I have an asus tuf a15 ryzen 7 4800h + 1650ti while playing csgo I noticed stutters and in task manager I saw locked 100% cpu usage ....and also msi fps dosent work on csgo I couldn't see fps but for first 10 or so minutes the game stutters badly and after that gaming is ok but the cpu usage is allways 100% is it normal or is something wrong ?

also not a promo but you can make optimize your pc with this yt channel: 

Are you on battery?

15 minutes ago, Jack Hey said:

That's a bad ,higher FPS = higher frametimes = smoother gameplay.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

Are you on battery?

if you have a 144hz screen and if you cap ur fps at 144 or 165.. thats what i would recommend! whats the using of having 500fps with a 144hz display..

if your screen is 144hz and if you cap the fps at 165, you will get some better input lag with no visual difference! 

hey! i know to use a computer

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Are you on battery?

it will bot be smoother since your hz. for example you are 144hz but gettin 244 fps but you will feel it as 144. just go and try. if you dont cap your pc will give full power to cpu and make it use 100%. also cpu reaching 100% is not good. try to make it 97% with the video I sent.

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Are you on battery?

what will the difrence be if he is 244 fps and getting 500 fps

Wonder if there is Mad Bloatware of Apps you don't need running in the background causing this..
Laptops are sometimes good, sometimes horrible with added applications...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, Jack Hey said:

I always do this, saves GPU noise, system stress etc.

I use RivaTuner to do this for games that do not have the setting and need it set lower. I set global FPS to my monitor.

I think more people would benefit from doing this.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

CS:GO is not the kind of game that would stress a modern SMT-enabled 8-core processor to the same extent as a video encoder. It's almost 10 years old with an engine that dates back well before the game's launch. 

Capping the FPS isn't going to solve the issue. The thing I would actually do is find out exactly what in the background is spiking CPU usage. A lot of the time, these laptops from tier-1 manufacturers like ASUS and MSI have bloatware and utilities that cause CPU usage to spike, either because they are badly coded or by design. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

CS:GO is not the kind of game that would stress a modern SMT-enabled 8-core processor to the same extent as a video encoder. It's almost 10 years old with an engine that dates back well before the game's launch. 

Capping the FPS isn't going to solve the issue. The thing I would actually do is find out exactly what in the background is spiking CPU usage. A lot of the time, these laptops from tier-1 manufacturers like ASUS and MSI have bloatware and utilities that cause CPU usage to spike, either because they are badly coded or by design. 

But nothing was running in back ground except steam , 1 chrome tab and python idle

9 hours ago, TimsTips said:

Sounds weird. Your computer is faster than mine and I play csgo at 144fps and never have issues like that.

I wonder if the gpu is taking the power and the cpu is lowering the clock speed. Is it plugged in?

Maybe software on there doing stuff. Fresh os install maybe?

Both Gpus (1650ti and vega ) r using less than 10%,...no I don't think cpu is lowering clock speed instead it's staying at 3.9-4ghz amd 100% usage  and yes it's plugged in 

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Alright I'll check but almost nothing was running in background except python idle amd steam