Obama summons tech CEOs to White House for another NSA discussion

AlexGoesHigh

sorry, communist liberal. 

I know that was craziest thing i have ever heard lol

It's pointless to pay attention to foreign policy when a Democrat is president, unless you enjoy having your stomach in a knot. As long as a Democrat sits in the White House, America will be repeatedly humiliated, the world will become a much more dangerous place -- and there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about it.   (Though this information might come in handy when voting for president, America!) 

By Ann Coulter

It's pointless to pay attention to foreign policy when a Democrat is president, unless you enjoy having your stomach in a knot. As long as a Democrat sits in the White House, America will be repeatedly humiliated, the world will become a much more dangerous place -- and there's absolutely nothing anybody can do about it. (Though this information might come in handy when voting for president, America!)

The following stroll down memory lane is but the briefest of summaries. For a full accounting of Democratic national security disasters, please read
my book, "Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism."

-- JFK:

John F. Kennedy was in the White House for less than three years and, if you think he screwed a lot of hookers, just look what he did to our foreign policy.

Six months after becoming president, JFK had his calamitous meeting with Nikita Khrushchev in Vienna -- a meeting The New York Times described as "one of the more self-destructive American actions of the Cold War, and one that contributed to the most dangerous crisis of the nuclear age." (The Times admitted that a half-century later. At the time, the Newspaper of Record lied about the meeting.)

For two days, Khrushchev batted Kennedy around, leaving the president's own advisers white-faced and shaken. Kennedy's Assistant Secretary of
Defense Paul Nitze called the meeting "just a disaster."

Khrushchev was delighted to discover that the U.S. president was so "weak." A Russian aide said the American president seemed "very inexperienced, even immature."

Seeing he was dealing with a naif, Khrushchev promptly sent missiles to Cuba. The Kennedy Myth Machine has somehow turned JFK's handling of the
Cuban Missile Crisis into a brilliant foreign policy coup. The truth is: (1) Russia would never have dared move missiles to Cuba had Khrushchev not
realized that JFK was a nincompoop; and (2) it wasn't a victory.

In exchange for Russia's laughably empty threats about Cuba, JFK removed our missiles from Turkey -- a major retreat. As Khrushchev put it in
his memoirs: "It would have been ridiculous for us to go to war over Cuba -- for a country 12,000 miles away. For us, war was unthinkable. We ended up
getting exactly what we'd wanted all along, security for Fidel Castro's regime and American missiles removed from Turkey."

-- LBJ:

Kennedy's successor, Lyndon Johnson, famously escalated the war in Vietnam simply to prove that the Democrats could be trusted with national security.

As historian David Halberstam describes it, LBJ "would talk to his closest political aides about the McCarthy days, of how Truman lost China and then the Congress and the White House and how, by God, Johnson was not going to be the president who lost Vietnam and then the Congress and the White House."

LBJ's incompetent handling of that war allowed liberals to spend the next half-century denouncing every use of American military force as "another Vietnam."

-- CARTER:

Jimmy Carter warned Americans about their "inordinate fear of communism" and claimed to have been attacked by a giant swimming rabbit.

His most inspired strategic move was to abandon the Shah of Iran, a loyal U.S. ally, which gave rise to the global Islamofascist movement we're still dealing with today. By allowing the Shah to be overthrown by the Ayatollah Khomeini in February 1979, Carter handed Islamic crazies their first state.

Before the end of the year, the Islamic lunatics had taken 52 Americans hostage in Tehran, where they remained for 444 days.

The hostages were released only minutes after Ronald Reagan's inauguration for reasons succinctly captured in a Jeff MacNelly cartoon. It shows Khomeini reading a telegram aloud: "It's from Ronald Reagan. It must be about one of the Americans in the Den of Spies, but I don't recognize the name. It says 'Remember Hiroshima.'"

-- CLINTON:

Bill Clinton's masterful handling of foreign policy was such a catastrophe that he had to deploy his national security adviser, Sandy Berger, to steal classified documents from the National Archives in 2003 to avoid their discovery by the 9/11 commission.

Twice, when Clinton was president, Sudan had offered to turn over bin Laden to the U.S. But, unfortunately, these offers came in early 1996 when Clinton was busy ejaculating on White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Clinton rebuffed Sudan's offers.

According to Michael Scheuer, who ran the bin Laden unit at the CIA for many years, Clinton was given eight to 10 chances to kill or capture bin Laden but refused to act, despite bin Laden's having murdered hundreds of Americans in terrorist attacks around the world. Would that one of those opportunities had arisen on the day of Clinton's scheduled impeachment! Instead of pointlessly bombing Iraq, he might have finally taken out bin Laden.

-- OBAMA:

When Obama took office, al Qaida had been routed in Iraq -- from Fallujah, Sadr City and Basra. Muqtada al-Sadr -- the Dr. Phil of Islamofascist radicalism -- had waddled off in retreat to Iran. The Iraqis had a democracy, a miracle on the order of flush toilets in Afghanistan.

By Bush's last year in office, monthly casualties in Iraq were coming in slightly below a weekend with Justin Bieber. In 2008, there were more than three times as many homicides in Chicago as U.S. troop deaths in the Iraq War. (Chicago: 509; Iraq: 155).

On May 30, The Washington Post reported: "CIA Director Michael V . Hayden now portrays (al-Qaida) as essentially defeated in Iraq and Saudi Arabia and on the defensive throughout much of the rest of the world ..." Even hysterics at The New York Times admitted that al-Qaida and other terrorist groups had nearly disappeared from Southeast Asia by 2008.

A few short years into Obama's presidency -- and al-Qaida is back! For purely political reasons, as soon as he became president, Obama removed every last troop from Iraq, despite there being Americans troops deployed in dozens of countries around the world.

In 2004, nearly 100 soldiers, mostly Marines, died in the battle to take Fallujah from al-Qaida. Today, al-Qaida's black flag flies above Fallujah.

Bush won the war, and Obama gave it back.

Obama couldn't be bothered with preserving America's victory in Iraq. He was busy helping to topple a strong American ally in Egypt and a slavish American minion in Libya -- in order to install the Muslim Brotherhood in those countries instead. (That didn't work out so well for U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans murdered in Benghazi.)

So now, another Russian leader is playing cat-and-mouse with an American president -- and guess who's the mouse? Putin has taunted Obama in
Iran, in Syria and with Edward Snowden. By now, Obama has become such an object for Putin' s amusement that the fastest way to get the Russians out of
Crimea would be for Obama to call on Putin to invade Ukraine.

COPYRIGHT 2014 ANN COULTER

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

But Obama is making us look like a joke..We tell Iran and Russia you better not do that our we will retaliate.They have both called our bluff and we do nothing over and over again..He is all talk and no balls.He shuts down the Gov because the Reps wanted to delay ObamaCare then he just delays it anyways cause website don't work after 242 million and 3 years..And he wanted to delay it so the upcoming elections..

There is nothing like being made to buy something i don't want or need and if i don't i get fined..All while by passing Congress to make any laws he wants..You know you can be held in prison without trial as long as he wants just cause he suspects you to be a terrorist..He needs to be taking out permanently 

attachicon.gif1961628_10202190195175107_1558799011_n.jpg

lol at anyone who believes whatever Sarah Palin says. She and Bachmann are terrible female role models.

lol at anyone who believes whatever Sarah Palin says. She and Bachmann are terrible female role models.

100x better than the devil faced hillary.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

This thread has made it clear why I don't like LTT. I thought it was because you guys were immature, and while that may be true, I think it's more cause you lot are quite mis-informed in general. America is quickly becoming the political backwater redneck brother the rest of the first-world family secretly wants to never talk to. There's a reason that when I go to other countries I speak Portuguese, even if that's not the country's language. It's so I can pass as Brazilian instead of American.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

You are aware everything she said turned out to be true right?Anyone who believes Obama is either black or just don't understand what it is to be A American

You are aware everything she said turned out to be true right?Anyone who believes Obama is either black or just don't understand what it is to be A American

I am surprised this is coming from someone who lives in California. 

Ahh really?What would you consider him?

Pro-establishment centralist with no real convictions on topics that are typically "liberal". He only came out (pun not intended) against the DoMA after his VP said he supported gay marriage and the public started polling in favour of gay marriage. He had the chance of the century to push through legislation restricting the unregulated sale of firearms in the wake of Sandy Hook and the Colorado movie theatre shooting, but didn't (another "liberal" policy he didn't follow through with). He supports the War on Drugs (the liberal position would be to put them on the path to legalization). He gives in far too easily to the right-wing/conservatives and, in his first term, was scared shitless of what Fox News would say about him. His Affordable Care Act doesn't go nearly far enough, and only really serves to get the insurance companies (which have no competition due to being restricted to inside the state) more custom.

He is definitely not a "liberal".

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

100x better than the devil faced hillary.

You won't find me challenging that Hillary is better. But don't stoop down and insult someone based on physical looks.

Like what? Her expert knowledge on global warming and evolution? Like how she originally predicted Russia would invade Alaska and not eastern Europe in 2008? Like how she invents new words and says English is a living language instead of correcting herself? What about her thoughts on Abortion- You think she is right there too?

Don't get me wrong- I am sure her heart is in the right place but she is misled and is misleading others in turn.

Edit: I figured I should probably say I am neither a democrat nor a republican since I am not a US citizen. Both sides have good points but a lot more idiots spreading their "wisdom".

Back on topic: This is not a Obama vs Republicans debate. This is about Obama meeting up tech leaders to potentially discuss security issues again. Regular discussions and actions are needed- I am sure no one denies this. They are doing the discussion part right, now they need to take action as well.

You won't find me challenging that.

Like what? Her expert knowledge on global warming and evolution? Like how she originally predicted Russia would invade Alaska and not eastern Europe in 2008? Like how she invents new words and says English is a living language instead of correcting herself? What about her thoughts on Abortion- You think she is right there too?

Don't get me wrong- I am sure her heart is in the right place but she is misled and is misleading others in turn.

Back on topic: This is not a Obama vs Republicans debate. This is about Obama meeting up tech leaders to potentially discuss security issues again. Regular discussions and actions are needed- I am sure no one denies this. They are doing the discussion part right, now they need to take action as well.

global warming doesnt exist. the "scientist" responsible for the data got caught with their pants around their ankles having altered the data. I dont believe in evolution because I am a christian and I believe all was created by God. that prediction you speak of was altered to reflect the liberal media which I assume you watch, which is anything other than fox news. maybe your english vocabular is not as grand as hers. also, a words definition is only defined by the vox populi that deems it to have a definition. I believe any type of abortion is wrong because you are killing a life. if you support the constitution, you support the right to life, you support the life of an unborn child. 

you should change your media source. 

You won't find me challenging that Hillary is better. But don't stoop down and insult someone based on physical looks.

Its a meeting that Obama will deny even happened..He is a douche bag!But its not ok to dislike him cause its racist..He set back race relations 40 years.Why did he get the Nobel Peace Prize again?Oh ya cause he is black..Isn't that racist?It was the cool thing to hate Bush but where's all those celebrities now that spoke out against Bush?What is 1 amazing thing Obama has done that has helped Americans?When i watched him make that Marine hold umbrella for him i was done with his dumb ass.At least Bush held umbrella's for our service men and visited them in Iraqi.Obama visits the Boston Bomber in Hospital instead..And the black support is funny cause they have higher unemployment then anyone else and they lost an Average 5k a year on earnings since Obama lmao..And members on IRS Scandal pleading the 5th and ObamCare website was a 240 million $ joke yet NO ONE IS EVER FIRED..No accountability..We get poor while the First Lady ghas a 110,000 assistant just to post to Twitter for her..Probably cause hers no can speaks anyways :)

Obama is the worst president of all time, anyone who disagrees is in denial, or mentally challenged.

You should really take American History, dude. Obama is far from the worst president.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

global warming doesnt exist. the "scientist" responsible for the data got caught with their pants around their ankles having altered the data. I dont believe in evolution because I am a christian and I believe all was created by God. that prediction you speak of was altered to reflect the liberal media which I assume you watch, which is anything other than fox news. maybe your english vocabular is not as grand as hers. also, a words definition is only defined by the vox populi that deems it to have a definition. I believe any type of abortion is wrong because you are killing a life. if you support the constitution, you support the right to life, you support the life of an unborn child. 

All I will say is that I am a PhD scientist who does not listen to any media without critically considering what they say. You are free to your opinions but know that that's all they are- opinions, not facts.

I do take offense to where you insinuate my English is not as good as hers- I got a 119/120 on my TOEFL test and I was deducted a point for having a less than perfect English accent (which is funny since I am from India). I don't by any means believe TOEFL is the be all, end all for English but please don't insult my intelligence or my language comprehension.

You should really take American History, dude. Obama is far from the worst president.

You are right cause he is more of a King!  :D

I still don't get how he can make laws all by himself lol.Is this Germany?At least he will live with the horrible ObamaCare forever since it has his name lol

obama spent more in the first year than all other presidents combined. thats pretty bad. makes jimmy carter look like a light weight. 

Its a meeting that Obama will deny even happened..He is a douche bag!But its not ok to dislike him cause its racist..He set back race relations 40 years.Why did he get the Nobel Peace Prize again?Oh ya cause he is black..Isn't that racist?It was the cool thing to hate Bush but where's all those celebrities now that spoke out against Bush?What is 1 amazing thing Obama has done that has helped Americans?When i watched him make that Marine hold umbrella for him i was done with his dumb ass.At least Bush held umbrella's for our service men and visited them in Iraqi.Obama visits the Boston Bomber in Hospital instead..And the black support is funny cause they have higher unemployment then anyone else and they lost an Average 5k a year on earnings since Obama lmao..And members on IRS Scandal pleading the 5th and ObamCare website was a 240 million $ joke yet NO ONE IS EVER FIRED..No accountability..We get poor while the First Lady ghas a 110,000 assistant just to post to Twitter for her..Probably cause hers no can speaks anyways :)

Oh good god! You do realize the meeting is on a public calendar and that's where the source for the OP got their info from? Why would he deny this meeting? The rest of your post is so ridiculous I won't even bother replying to it unless you can form a logical sentence based on facts and sources.

At this point, the thread is overrun with political zealotry. OneGun, Jaybird, VSG, carolkarine, and others I've probably missed, GTFO. Start a discussion in the off-topic section if you want to banter about politics. The point of the news forum is, funnily enough, for news, not ideological rigidity.

AlexGoesHigh, thank you for sharing this article. Hopefully we'll see more information about this topic soon.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Wow never new that we had a few loons in the community. You'd think that techies would be people of science and not myth.

At this point, the thread is overrun with political zealotry. OneGun, Jaybird, VSG, carolkarine, and others I've probably missed, GTFO. Start a discussion in the off-topic section if you want to banter about politics. The point of the news forum is, funnily enough, for news, not ideological rigidity.

AlexGoesHigh, thank you for sharing this article. Hopefully we'll see more information about this topic soon.

I could not agree more. I don't want this discussion in here either!

yeah as soon as the discussion heated i decide to take a step back and just watch the fuzz 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this is the internet, if you cant handle it you are welcome to walk away from the monitor.

this is the internet, if you cant handle it you are welcome to walk away from the monitor. also, this is in the off topic section, I can pretty much say what I want and post what i want. 

-snip-

ehh this is the news section dude...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

ehh this is the news section dude...

my bad. thought it was in off topic. either way I can still post what I want as long as its on topic, which all my posts were. 

I've taken AP US history, and yes he is.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

my bad. thought it was in off topic. either way I can still post what I want as long as its on topic, which all my posts were. 

Obama is the weakest president to ever take office in US history. Vote out the lyberals. Vote out obama.

The discussion this should evoke is on the current NSA policies, whether we should allow it or not, what these tech companies are doing in response, etc. Not whether our president is a radical liberal, king or communist.