Scalpers have sold over 50,000 RTX 30 Series GPUs online

lazypc

wall st bets does a better job at holding the line than you gamers

/s

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 1/29/2021 at 5:19 AM, leadeater said:

But you cannot just look at your country to see if there is a global shortage. You're not getting enough products in to your country because global supply is too limited by demand. 

In a single MSI factory they produce 1 million graphics cards per month. This is just MSI, just one of their factories, there's every other AIB and Nvidia themselves selling graphics cards so the total number of graphics card that are being manufactured is WAY higher than 1 million.

I'm willing to bet that the combined pandemic and silicon shortage in addition to the fact that guaranteed a large portion of those 1 million cards per month are not the latest and greatest would indicate Nvidia has a major shortage. There might be 50,000 scalpers selling 3080 and 3090, but let's not pretend like Nvidia stockpiles their flagship cards when the lower end models and AMD's entire lineup are also being manufactured.

According to the internet, which is never wrong, as of September 2020 Steam reached a peak of 21 million concurrent users, the vast majority of which do not have 30 series cards.

According to Steam, 10.99% of it's entire user base has upgraded from the old favorite, the GTX 960, to the 1060. Also, 66.77% of people are still using 1080p. Looking further ahead, the entire 30 series range... Steam is only showing the 3080... is .46% The 3090, 3070, and 3060ti aren't even on the page. If everyone was scrambling and buying them all up at this astonishing rate you'd think the percentage would be higher than less than half a percent.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

You have to remember that this forum operates on the logic that:

1) Nvidia is literally evil. And I mean evil in the Saturday cartoon kind of sense, where they are making decisions just to screw people over for no reason. 

Remember when ram prices skyrocketed and they got investigated and fined for price fixing? If you can sell your product for double the cost, why wouldn't you?

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

wall st bets does a better job at holding the line than you gamers

/s

Me: is playing Chrono Trigger on my old DS. 

How’s that for holding the line?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

And this is why Scalpers will always exist. Because there is enough stupid people to actually buy from them. But no, people would much rather have <new shiny thing> RIGHT NOW than wait even a tiny amount of time

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

12 minutes ago, Arika S said:

And this is why Scalpers will always exist. Because there is enough stupid people to actually buy from them. But no, people would much rather have <new shiny thing> RIGHT NOW than wait even a tiny amount of time

Would suck if you use a GPU for productivity tasks (3D rendering, video editing, CAD, etc) and are forced to buy from a scalper. Scalper prices on RTX cards are still drastically cheaper than comparable performing Quadros and FirePros. 😞

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 1/28/2021 at 1:44 AM, leadeater said:

Um, 50k isn't even slightly close enough to cause supply issues 🤷‍♂️

Just curious... Do we have an idea of how many GPUs are actually made?
Or really any part honestly. Ive been thinking about that ever since Linus made a comment about the Gigabyte Waterforce motherboard, and thinking "How many of these things do they actually make".

On 28/01/2021 at 9:05 PM, SADS said:

can't believe that people are crazy enough to buy from the scalpers. I just don't see how anyone can justify it.

I don't buy from scalpers but $800 for a 3060ti is looking kind of decent when it's getting ~$130 a month from mining right now

As much Lawlz may not like it, I do think that miners are literally sweeping up cards as they come out, and based on my observation in my country, that seems true here at least

There's literally no 3080 and 3060ti stock

3060ti pricing is above 3070 even if there are stocks ($1000 vs $950)

While the 3070 is literally available almost everywhere, because 3070 is low priority card for mining due to the inefficiencies

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

meh, i really hope that mining currencies just become worthless.

problem solved.

3 hours ago, DeScruff said:

Just curious... Do we have an idea of how many GPUs are actually made?
Or really any part honestly. Ive been thinking about that ever since Linus made a comment about the Gigabyte Waterforce motherboard, and thinking "How many of these things do they actually make".

Well that depends, we know how many GPUs are made just not how many of each. Thing is everything made by Samsung fab is RTX 30 series only and for a good while were only making dies for RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 so would have to be hundreds of thousands of those.

Unlike those super expensive motherboards people actually do want and are buying these GPUs.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:19 AM, Moonzy said:

nvidia "sell"s the FE at MSRP, but immediately buys em up themselves and "scalp" them on ebay 1f440.png

that's why you can hardly buy them, they know exactly when to buy those cards because they're the ones restocking!

The FE's aren't that hard to find, I've bought a 3090 FE and 3080 FE without much trouble. BestBuy drops loads of them every two weeks or so

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

14 minutes ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

The FE's aren't that hard to find, I've bought a 3090 FE and 3080 FE without much trouble. BestBuy drops loads of them every two weeks or so

The AIB cards seem to be pretty common up here in Canada.

I'm in a Discord server where someone pings everyone when there's a drop. I've been able to buy three cards in total 

and no, i bought one for myself (although that one went into a mining rig, but it was originally for gaming, and is going back in my main PC after this whole thing), one for a friend, and the third I cancelled because why the fuck would I buy a 6800 at MSRP (C$1079)

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I don't buy from scalpers but $800 for a 3060ti is looking kind of decent when it's getting ~$130 a month from mining right now

As much Lawlz may not like it, I do think that miners are literally sweeping up cards as they come out, and based on my observation in my country, that seems true here at least

There's literally no 3080 and 3060ti stock

3060ti pricing is above 3070 even if there are stocks ($1000 vs $950)

While the 3070 is literally available almost everywhere, because 3070 is low priority card for mining due to the inefficiencies

Correlation does not imply causation. 

We know for a fact that they are making far more 3070 cards than 3080 or 3060 cards. Just look at the numbers some retailers are posting. Retailers are getting like 3-4 times as many 3070 cards as they do 3080 cards. 

https://www.proshop.se/RTX-30series-overview