CPU Cooler Gone Insane

SandmanSoggs
Go to solution Solved by SandmanSoggs,
On 1/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, SandmanSoggs said:

Hello everyone,

My 12 year old CPU cooler has for some reason gone EXTREMELY loud. I have reinstalled it, unplugged all the other fans and more but it still is very loud. I want to buy a new one but I don't think it will support my motherboard as it is 12 years old. It is LGA1155/Sandy Bridge and currently has an i7-2700K inside, does anyone know what type I should get or what CPU cooler would work? (My current one is in the picture and on it it says '12DVC Ball Bearing taisol.com')

WIN_20210127_19_09_31_Pro.jpg

Hi everyone,

Im going to buy the 212 evo because it contains everything I need to install it and it also looks good. People have been recommending it to me on discord and reddit so I am going to order that. I also know it definitely fits and is a simple design. Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

Hello everyone,

My 12 year old CPU cooler has for some reason gone EXTREMELY loud. I have reinstalled it, unplugged all the other fans and more but it still is very loud. I want to buy a new one but I don't think it will support my motherboard as it is 12 years old. It is LGA1155/Sandy Bridge and currently has an i7-2700K inside, does anyone know what type I should get or what CPU cooler would work? (My current one is in the picture and on it it says '12DVC Ball Bearing taisol.com')

just about any cooler will work, the mounting is the same. as long as it says intel compatible you're good, I can't think of single cooler that wouldn't work. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

12 minutes ago, SandmanSoggs said:

Hello everyone,

Take it out clean it thoroughly if it still sounds weird, lube the bearings inside just don't over do it and splash the motherboard with lube.

52 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Might be as simple as put on new thermal paste.

I have done that and it is still loud.

57 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Take it out clean it thoroughly if it still sounds weird, lube the bearings inside just don't over do it and splash the motherboard with lube.

It is still loud sadly

7 minutes ago, SandmanSoggs said:

It is still loud sadly

Did you actually lube the inside bearings of the fan ?

3 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Did you actually lube the inside bearings of the fan ?

I poked a screwdriver through the heatsink part to remove any dirt to make sure there was no dust making it loud.

4 minutes ago, SandmanSoggs said:

I poked a screwdriver through the heatsink part to remove any dirt to make sure there was no dust making it loud.

That is not cleaning it thoroughly . Take the fan out of the heatsink clean it with compressed air outside and inside where the motor is and lube the insides. It will not fix itself.

I have fixed a million fans that way.

4 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

That is not cleaning it thoroughly . Take the fan out of the heatsink clean it with compressed air outside and inside where the motor is and lube the insides. It will not fix itself.

I have fixed a million fans that way.

Ok thank you

2 hours ago, SandmanSoggs said:

Hello everyone,

Just pickup an h212 on the cheap. It will be more than enough for that cpu.

Pretty much any cooler will do. LGA115x and current LGA1200 use same mounting mechanism. The question becomes, where do you shop at, are you planning to upgrade in future, whats the case/RAM, and how much would you be willing to invest on new cooler.

Unlike poster above, I wouldn't immediately jump with 212 of any variant. Its just not the best possible option. Usually there are better for the price/performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, SandmanSoggs said:

Hello everyone,

Hi everyone,

Im going to buy the 212 evo because it contains everything I need to install it and it also looks good. People have been recommending it to me on discord and reddit so I am going to order that. I also know it definitely fits and is a simple design. Thank you for all the help and suggestions.

7 hours ago, SandmanSoggs said:

Hi everyone,

The reason people recommend Evo is because it has been on the markets for 8 years. For a while it was known as THE budget cooler. Not anymore. Like I said, there are usually comparable and cheaper alternatives, or even better alternatives in same price range. I don't mean its bad, its just bit overhyped at this point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv