Hello, im a new user and i made my first parts list. looking for feedback

It's marked as private

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

No permission. 😔

I'd probably go with a 3600x over that 10700k. Better bang for the buck and has a valid upgrade path. That 3060 will be the bottleneck regardless.
You can def still go with the MSI Gaming mobo with the AMD chipset
This is said as someone who runs 4 gaming PCs all with intel chips

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

overpriced SSD.

If you have the patience you can wait for 5600x back in stock. similar performance with your 10700k, but requieres a lot cheaper mobo and cooling

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

you'd be better off with a 5700x or 5600x and b550 auros pro if you can find one. And if you're only playing games I would skip the 2tb hdd and get a 1tb ssd.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

you'd be better off with a 5700x or 5600x and b550 auros pro if you can find one. And if you're only playing games I would skip the 2tb hdd and get a 1tb ssd.

should i still get hdd?

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

overpriced SSD.

If you have the patience you can wait for 5600x back in stock. similar performance with your 10700k, but requieres a lot cheaper mobo and cooling

is the price difference and wait worth it?

Just now, not_really_gamer said:

should i still get hdd?

I honestly don't think you'd need the room, 1tb is enough for most who are just gaming, and loading larger games on a hdd is a terrible experience.

AMD blackout rig

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

I'd probably go with a 3600x over that 10700k. Better bang for the buck and has a valid upgrade path. That 3060 will be the bottleneck regardless.
You can def still go with the MSI Gaming mobo with the AMD chipset
This is said as someone who runs 4 gaming PCs all with intel chips

what do you mean upgrade path? and also what do you mean about the 3060ti?

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I honestly don't think you'd need the room, 1tb is enough for most who are just gaming, and loading larger games on a hdd is a terrible experience.

your probably right, but i will be keeping this pc for some time. is 1 terabyte enough?

1 minute ago, not_really_gamer said:

is the price difference and wait worth it?

probably not. but if you can wait i said.

what do you mean upgrade path?

Ryzen 5000 series does not really have good upgrade path. Next cpus will be on th new socket.

1 minute ago, not_really_gamer said:

and also what do you mean about the 3060ti?

the 3060 ti is a bottleneck. but boittleneck always happens. nothing to worry about

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

what do you mean upgrade path? and also what do you mean about the 3060ti?

By upgrade path, he/she means that you can get a newer Ryzen CPU and it'll still be supported on the same motherboard. You might need to do a BIOS update but that's about it.

your probably right, but i will be keeping this pc for some time. is 1 terabyte enough?

It will most likely be fine, If you're running out of room you can delete games, and If you don't like deleting them you can always buy more storage in the future.

AMD blackout rig

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

It will most likely be fine, If you're running out of room you can delete games, and If you don't like deleting them you can always buy more storage in the future.

oh yeah, your right. Thank you so much for the help. Also, there is this weird thing in the list that says "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled." I have no clue what this means. Do you?

oh yeah, your right. Thank you so much for the help. Also, there is this weird thing in the list that says "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled." I have no clue what this means. Do you?

If you end up using both of your m.2 slots, it will disable one of the sata ports. not a big deal unless you're planning on using six sata storage devices.

AMD blackout rig

4 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

By upgrade path, he/she means that you can get a newer Ryzen CPU and it'll still be supported on the same motherboard. You might need to do a BIOS update but that's about it.

is it worth it? 

Don't buy an OEM Windows license for that money. Either spend the extra $20-30 on a white market retail license, or get a $20-35 key through one of the grey market license key sites.

As others said, go AMD. There's really no reason to buy Intel right now - AMD offers at least as good performance, better efficiency, better temps, better long-term support, and all of it for less money. A $200 3600 on a $130 B550 should be plenty for your needs.

1 minute ago, saxyomega90125 said:

Don't buy an OEM Windows license for that money. Either spend the extra $20-30 on a white market retail license, or get a $20-35 key through one of the grey market license key sites.

As others said, go AMD. There's really no reason to buy Intel right now - AMD offers at least as good performance, better efficiency, better temps, better long-term support, and all of it for less money. A 3600 should be plenty for your needs.

what chip do you suggest?

2 minutes ago, saxyomega90125 said:

As others said, go AMD. There's really no reason to buy Intel right now - AMD offers at least as good performance, better efficiency, better temps, better long-term support, and all of it for less money. A 3600 should be plenty for your needs.

wait oops lol

4 minutes ago, saxyomega90125 said:

are you sure about the amd? i searched about it and found this AMD Ryzen 5 3600 vs Intel Core i7-10700K: What is the difference? (versus.com)

Get a 5600x or wait for intel 11th gen in march. Ditch the hard drive and get a 1tb m.2 ssd instead, the wd black sn750 is usually a good deal. Also dont pay 100 for windows, DM me if you want a link to a better deal

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

4 minutes ago, not_really_gamer said:

are you sure about the amd? i searched about it and found this AMD Ryzen 5 3600 vs Intel Core i7-10700K: What is the difference? (versus.com)

Yes AMD is undoubtedly the best value right now. You save money on the motherboard and get most of the performance for gaming and better performance in other workloads. You can either go 3600 and later upload to Zen 3 down the line without a new motherboard. Or you can wait for 5600 to come back in stock.

Also websites like versus.com only compare the specs directly and score the chip based on that. While these numbers can be compared to get an idea of the performance it's not direct apples to apples comparison in most cases. You're better sticking to extensive benchmarks and gaming tests.

Edited by Tarun10